PDA

View Full Version : Just some ramblings.

Knight_Raime
03-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Played a good few hours of duel today (and then a few more with my sparring partner) and mannnn. Do I need to vent.

First. Shinobi has absolutely replaced shugoki is the character I dislike the most. I'd rather deal with someone who only goes for trades then try to fight a good shinobi.
holy heck is it hard to do anything against their spacing/passive ways.

Second. I actually don't enjoy fighting centurions anymore. Fought at least 5 today. all of them were super turtles. They also dragged matches out like Shinobi.

Third today was the first time in a long time i've truly noticed how bad this game is without lag comp. i'm used to matches re syncing occasionally. But today was full of insta GB's and attacks in general being waaaay faster than usual.

And to tie it all together I was playing warden. I really REALLY feel sorry for warden mains. your SB is useless. hardly anyone falls for feint into CC. you got t rex arms for gbs (which also happen to make you stagger for some god awful reason if you run out of stamina when attempting.) and dodge recovery is bad. Not as bad as some others but holy hell. I struggled to dodge GB a cent kick.

I seriously don't ever want to touch Warden again until he's worked over. he's so bad.
It's not like I didn't win any matches. I won a decent amount. But you struggle so hard.
At least the night ended on a good note though. had warden mirror matches with my sparring partner who is a warden main. he hadn't played in awhile and we had a blast.
the constant back and forth and gradual widdling away at eachothers HP bars at the pace we were going...I feel like that's what they tried to do with for honor at first. But it just didn't work out.

Jazz117Volkov
03-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Yep, Shinobi is a bird. It's like fighting pigeons. So good when you crushing counter their range attack though.

Speaking of Warden--my main--yeah, it's a bit tough, very limited move set, and no one ever falls for the obvious stuff. The shoulder bash still has utility in a lot of situations, but it makes dodge to guard breaks really fiddly--like the cent kick you mentioned. For the most part Warden has to rely on switching from offense to defense unexpectedly. I typically get crushing counters from neutral from people who just love to top light spam (Lawbringers...aw mah gawd). And Raiders/Orochis, etc.

There's a few rules you learn about the different classes, like feint SB against assassins--a lot of them side dash attack. Parry. 40 dmg if it's a light. Pretty sweet. But as you say...most people don't fall for it. Everyone just turtles or doesn't react.

What Warden really needs is a way to set up the charged shoulder bash. Against good players in a 1v1, it may as well not even be there. More than likely it will help you lose the match.

But that's why I don't play duel anymore. Too much hassle. I can't be fcuked to learn all the light parries so it's usually just a staring competition punctuation with bug bites. I prefer to go hit things in 4v4. It's a sh!t show, but at least everyone wants to play.

brashtralas
03-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Played a good few hours of duel today (and then a few more with my sparring partner) and mannnn. Do I need to vent.

First. Shinobi has absolutely replaced shugoki is the character I dislike the most. I'd rather deal with someone who only goes for trades then try to fight a good shinobi.
holy heck is it hard to do anything against their spacing/passive ways.

Second. I actually don't enjoy fighting centurions anymore. Fought at least 5 today. all of them were super turtles. They also dragged matches out like Shinobi.

Third today was the first time in a long time i've truly noticed how bad this game is without lag comp. i'm used to matches re syncing occasionally. But today was full of insta GB's and attacks in general being waaaay faster than usual.

And to tie it all together I was playing warden. I really REALLY feel sorry for warden mains. your SB is useless. hardly anyone falls for feint into CC. you got t rex arms for gbs (which also happen to make you stagger for some god awful reason if you run out of stamina when attempting.) and dodge recovery is bad. Not as bad as some others but holy hell. I struggled to dodge GB a cent kick.

I seriously don't ever want to touch Warden again until he's worked over. he's so bad.
It's not like I didn't win any matches. I won a decent amount. But you struggle so hard.
At least the night ended on a good note though. had warden mirror matches with my sparring partner who is a warden main. he hadn't played in awhile and we had a blast.
the constant back and forth and gradual widdling away at eachothers HP bars at the pace we were going...I feel like that's what they tried to do with for honor at first. But it just didn't work out.

Gb has been faster than the pre-nerf gb for the last several months. Servers and lag comp are a must.