PDA

View Full Version : Beserker problems

Waxfacts
03-01-2018, 05:54 AM
So with Beserkers changes i can say i have a problem with his lights. They seems stupidity fast and i have to be 110% focused on defense to really hold my ground against his super fast flurry and feints. Not to mention he has hyper armor a lot of the time so if i throw out an attack myself odds are they will get a significant damage trade. That's really less of my problem though, his lights are insane to react to at least on console. He seems almost impossible to kill becuase my mind is rarely on offense. My only option of attack (besides a lucky parry) is to punish them when out of stamina. However being an assassin its just back step city when that happens. Im not the only one having this issue right?

guor6800
03-01-2018, 07:51 AM
The light after a start up heavy faint is 400 ms. The bad thing about this is that berz gets Uninterruptable stance from his first swing meaning you can't poke him out of the spam.

I'll be honest a good berz that knows how to mix up and faint is a nightmare. But usually those guys are extremely attack-minded. So I try to bait them into overextending.

Other than that don't let him get into your face. Berz seriously lacks range. His jumping heavy is free punish so keep distance and don't allow him to dictate the tempo.

Card1acArrest
03-01-2018, 10:24 AM
I agree with Waxfacts, the "new" zerk is kinda difficult to counter, I'll have to reconsider a bit how I do it. If you go face to face with him you have to either parry, which is a bit risky as he can feint, or you trade damage and you end up losing that exchange. In a few 4v4s yesterday one zerk had a 16-1 kill score and he basically spammed his uninterruptables. I'd say the people in the fights were pretty good, so it is indeed a challenge.

Tecknoterrorist
03-01-2018, 11:13 AM
think that...
Berserker players want more boost at berserker because isn't ready yet ahahahhaha
they want more fast movesets and more damage because berserker isn'r ready yet!
the comunity dont want a good game, comunity want just kill so easy with any classes.

S0Mi_xD
03-01-2018, 03:48 PM
think that...
Berserker players want more boost at berserker because isn't ready yet ahahahhaha
they want more fast movesets and more damage because berserker isn'r ready yet!
the comunity dont want a good game, comunity want just kill so easy with any classes.

People are just to ignorant to learn how to fight a berserker - it's not hard, the 400ms light with hyperarmor is a cheap excuse...

Devils-_-legacy
03-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Is it me or have people started blaming the game for there own short commings ?
there's not much difference to pre re work beserker other then they made the side heavy's viable

S0Mi_xD
03-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Is it me or have people started blaming the game for there own short commings ?
there's not much difference to pre re work beserker other then they made the side heavy's viable

Isn't it always like that?

Devils-_-legacy
03-01-2018, 04:22 PM
True but I preferred it when people struggled with 1 hero they spend some time learning the weakness in the kit not complaining because they gave one of the heros a tweek that took away our oss punish and replaced it with viable side heavys

Jiblet2017
03-01-2018, 04:23 PM
People are just to ignorant to learn how to fight a berserker - it's not hard, the 400ms light with hyperarmor is a cheap excuse...

So why not provide advice on how to counter a zerk instead of simply calling people ignorant. For example, mGutGro gave the solid advice about proper spacing given Zerk's range.

I'll add to that in saying that if you do get caught up in a zerk mixup - parry attempts can be very risky. I find I have more success in simply blocking until the zerk has to back off (for stamina management) or a backdodge/roll opening becomes available.

After playing since beta and getting the new zerk 3 reps, it seems like he is strong but certainly not an "I win button" at character select.

Devils-_-legacy
03-01-2018, 04:28 PM
Keep your distance as he's a short range get harasser try to bait the side dodge attack and parry free heavy if the zerk likes dodging feint to gb gets me every time when I'm a zerk

S0Mi_xD
03-01-2018, 04:37 PM
So why not provide advice on how to counter a zerk instead of simply calling people ignorant. For example, mGutGro gave the solid advice about proper spacing given Zerk's range.

I'll add to that in saying that if you do get caught up in a zerk mixup - parry attempts can be very risky. I find I have more success in simply blocking until the zerk has to back off (for stamina management) or a backdodge/roll opening becomes available.

After playing since beta and getting the new zerk 3 reps, it seems like he is strong but certainly not an "I win button" at character select.

I gave up on those people.

Everytime someone asked i gave ton of advice, but they said i am talking bullsh-it and went off to cry more about berserker...
Then don't want help, they want an easy win - thats all.

S0Mi_xD
03-01-2018, 04:42 PM
berserker is very limited in range, don't try to trade, unless your char is made for it and/or you see a opportunity, parry is an option since the infinite chain is predictable to a certain point and lights are not impossible to block or parry, they are telegraphed by a feint and that makes them reactable and also pretty good readable

I do understand your confusion here - spacing has an important roll in any fighting game, same counts for For Honor. Lets say i start to go into a chain or feinting into lights with berserker. Those 400ms lights maybe have the lowest range in the game.

He will dance on the spot and that's an opportunity to strike without trading - i fought really good wardens, who counterd my attacks with heavy hits, because i missed due to my low range.

Use attacks while walking backwards you will hit an attacking berserker while he swings in the air.

I don't say it is very easy, but it isn't hard either.

You don't need to parry them, blocking them is enough - if a berserker uses a 400ms light, he used up much stamina for a heavy, feint (which is as much as a heavy), and the 400ms light which consumes more then a regular light, thats already 1/3 of his stamina, block it and he has lost 1/2 stamina.

Now he will dodge backwards to get safe and refill stamina, there you get a free GB.
And if he stays aggressive, just light attack him - he won't get the hyper just in time.

Those are some examples of suggestions i made in the 2 days ago.

You know what they answered?

I don't see how I can use range to my advantage? After any parry you glide forward now and get punished. A zerker gets what, 30 damage from a heavy parry? So my only option then is to parry a 400ms light? Which may or may not come out as he can feint into a GB.

I've always had troubles with zerkers lights, even before the rework because the animation is so subtle. He seems to barely move at all, the tell on the attack is almost non-existent, at least from neutral. It's especially bad if they crab dance, switching guard from left to right over and over.

"i fought really good wardens"

lol what the **** are you on about

So far the For Honor community is one of the worst i have ever seen.

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 04:49 PM
I main berserker, and until yesterday, literally played nothing else.

I think heís perfect how he is, honestly. Heís meant to play up in your face, pure Aggression. And even tho I main him, heís so different in the sense that everything is uninterruptible, that I struggle had against other Berserkers. Iím so used to being able to chain uninterrupted, that when I fight another berserker, I use my normal play style because I interrupt other heroís with offense, but that doesnít work on him, obviously.

You have to fight differently against him. You have to focus on parries, and counters. He doesnít need a nerf, or a buff... you just have to fight him differently. Both you (OPíer), and I simply have to L2P against him.

Jiblet2017
03-01-2018, 04:52 PM
Those are some examples of suggestions i made in the 2 days ago.

You know what they answered?

So far the For Honor community is one of the worst i have ever seen.

So then why add to the toxicity with a demeaning reaponse. Simply don't respond if it is completely unconstructive.

XJadeDragoonX
03-01-2018, 08:11 PM
I think what makes the least sense is how conqueror can interchange heavy and light in his combo infinitely and berserker can't lol. It's like conq is the new zerk