PDA

View Full Version : Complete Shinobi rework. No more BS. More fun to fight against & more fun to play.

Sneaky-Patches
03-01-2018, 05:31 AM
Hey guys,

Iíve been honing this shinobi rework for the past few months now, and think Iíve got a good idea on how to rework him. Have been taking criticisms, ideas and suggestions from many in the competitive sub reddit over a few iterations, and I think I finally have a solid rework together with no rough edges. Itís sitting on 90% approval on both the main sub, and competitive one and just wanted to see what people here think? Iíll link it below.

Would love to hear any thoughts or detractions on it, or if the mods could pass it on as some future feedback if they go to look at balancing shinobi in the future? Thanks (sorry itís a long read)

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/809d15/complete_shinobi_rework_no_more_bs_more_fun_to/?st=JE7XMX6G&sh=93089a73

Tyrjo
03-01-2018, 08:12 AM
Shinobi needs a rework in a way that nerfs him a little bit and makes him fun to play against. Not like you are chasing a small rat around the map.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Currently on my phone so I can't respond fully yet, but I had a read through and a lot of it sounds great! Very well thought out and I love the sound of the new moves, and especially the deflect changes. I started maining Shinobi almost a month ago and I agree they could use some tweaks, especially in light of the recent balance changes.

However, I only have one question... Why reduce them to 80 hp? At 90, they already have the lowest health of all the classes and can be destroyed by only a few well-placed hits. I've literally had a charged heavy from a Conqueror kill me while I was at half health! I don't see what purpose making the most delicate class in the game more fragile serves.

Other than that? A great read. Hope some devs get a look at this!

kanuzira
03-01-2018, 01:13 PM
Revert kick back to pre nerf: NO. little faster could be done tho

The_B0G_
03-01-2018, 01:38 PM
Currently on my phone so I can't respond fully yet, but I had a read through and a lot of it sounds great! Very well thought out and I love the sound of the new moves, and especially the deflect changes. I started maining Shinobi almost a month ago and I agree they could use some tweaks, especially in light of the recent balance changes.

However, I only have one question... Why reduce them to 80 hp? At 90, they already have the lowest health of all the classes and can be destroyed by only a few well-placed hits. I've literally had a charged heavy from a Conqueror kill me while I was at half health! I don't see what purpose making the most delicate class in the game more fragile serves.

Cent actually has less HP I'm pretty sure.

BTTrinity
03-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Hey guys,

I’ve been honing this shinobi rework for the past few months now, and think I’ve got a good idea on how to rework him. Have been taking criticisms, ideas and suggestions from many in the competitive sub reddit over a few iterations, and I think I finally have a solid rework together with no rough edges. It’s sitting on 90% approval on both the main sub, and competitive one and just wanted to see what people here think? I’ll link it below.

Would love to hear any thoughts or detractions on it, or if the mods could pass it on as some future feedback if they go to look at balancing shinobi in the future? Thanks (sorry it’s a long read)

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/809d15/complete_shinobi_rework_no_more_bs_more_fun_to/?st=JE7XMX6G&sh=93089a73

I dont have time right now to read such a big post, but Ill get at it later and let you know for sure.... From what I scimmed through, it does look like a very promising set of changes for Shino but I dont have everything in full detail.

Devils-_-legacy
03-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Cent actually has less HP I'm pretty sure then? He has the same as shinobi

The_B0G_
03-01-2018, 04:28 PM
Cent actually has less HP I'm pretty sure then? He has the same as shinobi

Cent is just barely over 4 bars, I think each bar is 20 HP. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Devils-_-legacy
03-01-2018, 04:30 PM
Haha 5 of mate i had to check just to make sure Each bar is 25 and with out any gear he has 110

The_B0G_
03-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Each bar is 25 I think and with out any gear he has 110 unless they have changed it

Well then cent probably has a touch over 100 then, 105 or so.

I don't think gear stats change max health.

Devils-_-legacy
03-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Nope 110 lol this might help you the bog go on attack it will say hit points it's got all the heros values
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

Tyrjo
03-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Centurion and Shinobi has 110HP both of them. Shinobi used to have 90 and I think it should be reverted back to that number.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Centurion and Shinobi has 110HP both of them. Shinobi used to have 90 and I think it should be reverted back to that number.

Really? It certainly feels like they still have 90, and I don't remember it being listed in any patch notes. Care to source?

Tirik22x
03-01-2018, 07:16 PM
I enjoy fighting them... itís different. Just my opinion tho.

SlashingElbow
03-01-2018, 10:05 PM
Shinobi dont need a rework only thing is to make him not be able to run away like s little punk.. Its the most annoying thing when the last little shinobi is just running around trying to stall.. Prob the easiest char to kill when u get a hold of him

Jiblet2017
03-01-2018, 11:33 PM
Shinobi dont need a rework only thing is to make him not be able to run away like s little punk.. Its the most annoying thing when the last little shinobi is just running around trying to stall.. Prob the easiest char to kill when u get a hold of him

Running away does not win matches. Your last sentenceshows that he is not exactly a powerhouse.

When I play shinobi, i expect to underperform since half of his kit useless against experienced players. Additionally, all of his kick/roll mixup ate completely beatable on reaction. Hes vertainly not the weakest (largelt doe to his feceltuve light animations and good deflect), but I would not say he is in a good spot in comparison to the reworks, shaman, glad, or pk. It seems like people don't want him buffed because he is annoying.

Cliff_001
03-02-2018, 03:07 AM
Shinobi's health used to be 90 then they buffed it to 105 or 110 when they gave him his last buff. I think it is crazy that he has the same health as cent personally.

The_B0G_
03-02-2018, 03:29 AM
Shinobi's health used to be 90 then they buffed it to 105 or 110 when they gave him his last buff. I think it is crazy that he has the same health as cent personally.

Yeah, the guy who can attack from 20 feet away and successfully run from every fight gets the same health as the guy who has to be right up in his enemies face going toe to toe the entire time, very logical isn't it...

Sauronbaine
03-02-2018, 06:45 AM
Shinobi's kit is extremely cancerous to fight against, but isn't very strong. They really need to do a massive rework. Remove the backflip, remove that long range crap, and the sickle rain needs to be looked at cause a properly executed back dodge in compbination with the long range guardbreak is EXTREMELY powerful.

Sneaky-Patches
03-03-2018, 06:35 AM

Yeah I hope so too. Thanks for the feedback. 80hp will probably be too low, but health is something they can always increase until the hero is balanced. I just donít want a repeat of centurion and release a monster on the community. Not that I think this rework will resemble centurions at launch in any way, as there is no cutscenes, and you can react to each move individually, but rather they just start the hp a little lower and dial it up gradually as the community gets used to the rework.

Netcode_err_404
03-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Shinobi rework transated with ubisoft's translator means MORE UB's