PDA

View Full Version : Can I skip Rogue, Unity and Syndicate to get to Origins?

SiberianXanadu8
02-28-2018, 10:04 PM
I just started playing Assassin's Creed for the first time last month, and I wanted to play them in order. I finished AC, ACII, Brotherhood, Revelations, and I'm about 8 hours into ACIII. I've already purchased ACIV and plan to play that next.

But I haven't heard the best reviews for Rogue, Unity and Syndicate. I'm interested in playing them, but I've seen such good things about Origins, and I'm so excited to play it, that I wonder if I could skip those three games and maybe come back to them later.

Will I miss anything in the storyline if I do this? Should I play Rogue, Unity and Syndicate and wait to play Origins as a reward?

cawatrooper9
02-28-2018, 10:10 PM
Origins is a pretty good jumping in point. Without giving too much away, the modern day plot has advanced pretty slowly since ACIII, and I'd say that Black Flag, Unity, and Origins are all designed to be entry points for new players.

Enjoy Black Flag, by the way. Definitely my favorite in the series!

Locopells
03-04-2018, 06:24 PM
I would agree with caw on this. That said, if you like ACIV when you play it, you'll probably like Rogue. Unity and Syndicate seem to be a bit Marmite for many players, so it's up to you. That said, they're not needed to understand Origins, IMO.