PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den March 1st

CandleInTheDark
02-28-2018, 05:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeclDeXxTrs

As I said last week,tomorrow I am on a night shift, so I will post the link to the reddit recap (link, not text,so there is no thought of me ripping them off) and will get the full recap done on Saturday. I have copy and pasted the questions from last week and will write any others I see tomorrow. We have an info dump

Emergency Patch 1.21.1

Tomorrow @ 8am EST (13:00 UTC) we will release an Emergency Patch on PC only, with 30 minutes expected downtime. NOTE: This patch is planned to also release on Console on March 6th. It is in submission now with Xbox and Playstation.

This patch will address the following:

Connectivity

[Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that generated “Zombie Sessions” causing infinite Rematch Lobby.
[Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused several errors to show up as “6000139: Connection Lost” instead of the error code usually reported before version 1.19. For example, the 6000137 message should have been displayed when players are removed from a game session for exceeding the match latency threshold.
[Bug Fix] Corrected an issue that sometimes lead to an abrupt session disconnection during match showing up as error “6000154” or “6000139”. This should fix the current Dominion stability issue introduced in version 1.19 and slightly improve stability in all other game modes.

Voice Chat

[Adjustment] Voice chat only applies to players “Grouped” together since version 1.19, “Team” voice chat is no longer an option. (this was accidentally left out of the 1.19 Patch Notes)

Warrior's Den

As always, catch the show tomorrow @ Noon EST (17:00 UTC) on http://twitch.tv/forhonorgame

On the show tomorrow:

Dedicated Servers Update
Apollyon's Legacy Week 3
Even more Goodness!
A New Community Order Type That Is Very Cool
Faction War update w/ Bio
Community Corner

Thanks all! See you in the cyber!

Community questions from the forum

Ngallo22: Can the zone attack have its own dedicated button? Maybe R3?

I do not think many of us feel 100% confident throwing it out, which is an issue because we should feel 100% confident that a button will do its job.

I know the "camera center" is R3 but i do not think many people use it. A button reconfiguration option would be useful with the option to make R3 a zone attack.

Ngallo22: Change the "map vote" to also act as the "ready" button and remove the "ready" button, so selecting a map will also mean the player is ready.

Not enough people choose a map, possibly they don't have the time to choose since they are deploying or changing gear.

Soldier of Dawn: Could it be made possible to combine two( or more) effects on the same execution, idle, and emote slot in the future?

Charmzzz: Question: Which Heroes are next for Reworks / Major Tweaks?

ChampionRuby50g: When we vote for a map, can it be possible to change our map vote? I accidentally vote the wrong map sometimes, and it’s sucks that I can’t fix my vote to my preferred choice.

Waynedetta4k: 1, Now that Guard Break after Parry isnt a thing anymore. Will there be changes to Guardbreak so it could be more than a counter to dodges. I mean making it more useful/harder to CGB?
2, I heard about the Arena Mode, any new Information about that, I would like to know how it will work, like a winner stands mode? Iam waiting for that a year now!
3, Whats the general Idea for the future in regards of making recovery times slower and attacks faster?

Takuram: Would it be possible to make the "Extended Region" on the South American region to match with the whole American Continent?
Our playerbase is too small, and our ping with north americans is ok ( I'm able to play everyday with them - by entering a foreign party - with no issues ).

Brutal DaDo: 1) is there a chance to get tozen’s kick for orochi? 2) after all the reworks for the OG characters is there a chance to get a punch or maybe a knee to the stomach for berserker as an opener ?

Tyrjo: Emote sound discrepancy

One thing that has been confusing me for a long time is the emote sound discrepancy of what you hear yourself opposed to what your opponent hear.

I find it an odd ball design choice that you only hear grunts yourself, but you opponent hear your character actually saying something. Why is this? I would like the devs explain to me why they designed it this way.

Kamen42: Faction War - at the moment, Castles provide bonus only to one territory. What about spreading their effect to surrounding fields? Even if the effect is weaker for them. That way it would be easier to keep your territories and the swings in territory control would not be so big.

CandleInTheDark: While the event outfits and colours are nice, it is very random as to who they drop for. In the future is it possible that,similarly to tournaments, it could prioritise the hero currently in use before going random or even weight drops based on reputation making it, in my case,more likely to get drops for my rep 9 peacekeeper or rep 7 valkyrie than my zero experience warlord or aramusha?

Lateness in the eye of the beholder is \m/<(-_-)>\m/

They released an emergency patch for PC, it is coming to console too. Fixes the zombie sessions, they quarantined the zombies last week, now they nuked them (someone get Raccoon City on the line), they did a connection patch which should help raise the stability in dominion which was the only one they did not raise stability fully in and they fixed the error messages so people should at least get the right ones. This is part of the reason they did PC first, they knew there would be hitches to begin with.

Addition to patch notes that was missed, voice chat now only applies to people grouped together, voice chat is an inherently P2P system that would have delayed servers to make ready for servers coming in, it is a priority.

The team is looking at better ways in general of players communicating with each other. The moves they made to lower toxicity worked but it made it harder to communicate, they would like to find other ways to communicate. They have ideas in concept phase, such as granting communication to players with a good social reputation but they don't want to go into hard details yet, it is all very conceptual idea phase.

Dedicated servers update

They are monitoring the patch that went to PC. They are in the last range of external tests on the console,if everything is fine there it should come pretty soon, they have no ETA yet as the test is not finished but all signs point to it going very well and that console players should not have to wait much longer. PC is also going well,the emergency patch should help dominion, all the others are higher stability than they thought they would have and better than they thought it would be based off the tests.

There is a change,people on the edge of middle eastern area tend to get mapped towards Asia...this was disrupted by chat yelling they couldn't hear the devs which given I was hearing it just fine...eh. *plays muzak while Damien repeats himself on servers* Middle East players in certain countires, there was a mapping change ofhow and where they connect when servers dropped, previously some went through Europe, some wereremapped through Asia. This was a latency decision, difference was not huge though in servers, it was more a PvAI on P2P issue that was much higher than anything fixed PVP and that some players wanted to still be with the people they had been matchmaked in. They should be moved to Frankfurt servers some time hopefully next week.

Tournament rewards, someone posted saying they completed tournament with lawbringer and got a shaman reward, they think he had the current season reward and it switched given there are rewards based on previous seasons. They will continue to look at that and complaints that people have to lose tournaments to get lower tier rewards. It isn't strictly speaking true, it is that there is less chance of getting thoselower tier rewards with a win and they are working on that.

They are taking a definite harder stance on AFK, they now have the tech ability to reset progression when afk farming is so egregious, they had the first such case in the last week. They ban you for three days at the first case, ten days and character reset if behaviour continues.

Test! Your! METAL! powerpoint.

Week three, steel fest, 2x more steel on orders and contracts, 50% more on match completion.

Faction Rush, faction competition on executions,1000, 2000 or 3000 steel reward (these are doubled from base rewards with the steelfest) and emblems. Targets are balanced around active players in factions.

Weekly content,mythic outfit with fireworks. House Champion. It is only available until the 8th.

Celebration bundle with the two new effect emotes and mythic outfit until the 12th.

Test your metal 3 Tozen x2 Apollyon and Gudmundr.All Test Your Metal weeks are available on the playlist,

They were asked if they will ever add an option to zoom in on weapon in the customisation menu,they will look into it.

Community corner

Arena mode is coming during season 5, servers on all platforms is the priority before they submit that patch.

Orders were not reset at the start of the fest but on their normal schedule.

Tyrjo
03-01-2018, 08:09 AM
QUESTION

Emote sound discrepancy

One thing that has been confusing me for a long time is the emote sound discrepancy of what you hear yourself opposed to what your opponent hear.

I find it an odd ball design choice that you only hear grunts yourself, but you opponent hear your character actually saying something. Why is this? I would like the devs explain to me why they designed it this way.

Kamen42
03-01-2018, 08:41 AM
Faction War - at the moment, Castles provide bonus only to one territory. What about spreading their effect to surrounding fields? Even if the effect is weaker for them. That way it would be easier to keep your territories and the swings in territory control would not be so big.

(More on the topic here: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1843954-Suggestion-Faction-War-Spread-the-Castle-s-strategic-effect)

Armosias
03-01-2018, 04:05 PM
We have the infodump on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/80z6h3/wednesday_infodump_pc_emergency_patch_tmrw/

CandleInTheDark
03-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Video,questions and infodump added.

Because my country shuts down at the first sniff of snow and because I am close enough to work to walk, if the Den runs long there may not be a reddit link for a recap before I have to leave, if none appears in the main post, if someone could drop it in the comments it would be appreciated. If I can't add a link,I will when I get home from shift before sleeping and I will do the full recap Saturday.

Not in the infodump and they may go through it, figured I would post as I saw the comment from Eric, voice chat currently isn't enabled on dedicated servers, it is an inherently P2P feature and it would have delayed servers being released to convert that on server release. The online team has a number of priorities after servers are shipped and polished and this is one of them, they will provide information as they have it.

CandleInTheDark
03-01-2018, 07:03 PM
They are in community corner so I did a quick skip through of the event as some of it is time sensitive. bear in mind there is 25 minutes of Den before the point I took quick bits from.

UbiJurassic
03-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to put this together Candle!

https://media3.giphy.com/media/hr6p5UHdDn8RO/giphy.gif

nufrancis
03-02-2018, 02:35 AM
Where's Tundra??

Havent seen him for a while.

Tundra 793
03-02-2018, 03:22 AM
Where's Tundra??

Havent seen him for a while.

I kinda sorta quit a week ago, https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1841221-I-m-out
But I linger still, just not daily, as I still have several friends and other interests on the forum, but my time with For Honor is coming to an end for a number of reasons.

I still check in though, so anyone can feel free to shoot me a PM if they wanna talk.

And many thanks to Candle again for stepping up to the recap.

guor6800
03-02-2018, 10:55 AM
I kinda sorta quit a week ago, https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1841221-I-m-out
But I linger still, just not daily, as I still have several friends and other interests on the forum, but my time with For Honor is coming to an end for a number of reasons.

I still check in though, so anyone can feel free to shoot me a PM if they wanna talk.

Tundra please don't leave us 😭😭.
Just saw your leaving post and the only thing I have to say is thank you wholeheartedly for everything. One of the most (if not the most) well minded individuals these forums have to offer. Good luck in your life dude.

@Candle take it easy bro real life comes first. We can live a couple of days without the recap. Anyway thanks once again for doing this.

Armosias
03-02-2018, 11:03 AM

Dayum I missed this thread.. Just like Candle seeing you leave this place is like ripping out a part of its soul..

Vakris_One
03-02-2018, 03:51 PM
So did they answer any of the questions like the one about the castle troop bonus in the Faction War?

I skimmed the video but all I saw was standard patch info, Damien doing his best "You're breaking my heart Lisa!" act over having to poop out a paltry 50% more steel on orders and matches for his loyal playerbase for keeping this game alive... and the community corner.

CandleInTheDark
03-02-2018, 07:14 PM
So did they answer any of the questions like the one about the castle troop bonus in the Faction War?

I skimmed the video but all I saw was standard patch info, Damien doing his best "You're breaking my heart Lisa!" act over having to poop out a paltry 50% more steel on orders and matches for his loyal playerbase for keeping this game alive... and the community corner.

There was no Roman and they went into community corner pretty quickly so I am guessing not, I hope they pick that back up soon and they get a few of ours answered alongside the reddit since the reps have said they are passing them on.

The_B0G_
03-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Alright I made 2 threads about voice chat not working!! Finally an answer. So you can't chat with players on your team unless you are grouped up, why did they do this? Every friend I've made on this game that I play with regularly I met through random matches and us both having our mics on.

Why! Ubisoft whyyyyy!?!

But seriously, why? Lol

CandleInTheDark
03-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Alright I made 2 threads about voice chat not working!! Finally an answer. So you can't chat with players on your team unless you are grouped up, why did they do this? Every friend I've made on this game that I play with regularly I met through random matches and us both having our mics on.

Why! Ubisoft whyyyyy!?!

But seriously, why? Lol

This from Eric on Reddit before the Den

In building the way our Dedicated Servers handle sessions, the team had to make the decision for now that the Servers can’t support voice chat, as it’s inherently a p2p system. Converting it to a server-based system will take considerable additional time, which we didn’t want to undergo and delay the release of the servers. The Online Team has a number of big priorities on their plate after we get the Servers shipped and polished, and this will be on that list. We’ll provide updates as we have them!

The_B0G_
03-02-2018, 10:28 PM
This from Eric on Reddit before the Den

In building the way our Dedicated Servers handle sessions, the team had to make the decision for now that the Servers can’t support voice chat, as it’s inherently a p2p system. Converting it to a server-based system will take considerable additional time, which we didn’t want to undergo and delay the release of the servers. The Online Team has a number of big priorities on their plate after we get the Servers shipped and polished, and this will be on that list. We’ll provide updates as we have them!

Thank you, this answer is acceptable.

Vakris_One
03-02-2018, 11:14 PM
I just noticed that on the live stream Damien said there will be 50% extra steel from orders and matches and yet in the game I am only getting %25 extra steel. What happened to the that 50% that the lead developer himself said was going to be in?

CandleInTheDark
03-03-2018, 07:10 PM
Full recap is up.