PDA

View Full Version : Iím not slow... but wtf?

Tirik22x
02-27-2018, 05:14 PM
Ok... so I have always had fast hands, for reference: I can draw a handgun from a holster and hit a target in 700ms from a shot timer, that for an average person takes just over 1500ms. Yet on this game, my blocks and GBís are ALWAYS late. In advanced training, Iím perfect at it.

My question is this, does Xbox and a wireless controller make THAT big of a difference? I KNOW that Iím reacting in time, but itís just not happening.

Alustar.
02-27-2018, 05:22 PM
Ok... so I have always had fast hands, for reference: I can draw a handgun from a holster and hit a target in 700ms from a shot timer, that for an average person takes just over 1500ms. Yet on this game, my blocks and GBís are ALWAYS late. In advanced training, Iím perfect at it.

My question is this, does Xbox and a wireless controller make THAT big of a difference? I KNOW that Iím reacting in time, but itís just not happening.

Between that and latency between machines yes. It does. Also you should look at adjusting dead zone areas of you haven't already. That can shave a few ms off your delay.

Tirik22x
02-27-2018, 05:30 PM
Between that and latency between machines yes. It does. Also you should look at adjusting dead zone areas of you haven't already. That can shave a few ms off your delay.

I didnít know that was a thing?! Iíll check it out. Sweet.

Alustar.
02-27-2018, 05:33 PM
I didnít know that was a thing?! Iíll check it out. Sweet.

Oh yes! It's wonderful. Lol unset advanced control settings. You can really fine tune the settings, shush left/right input, full block(got those that use it. You can even rotate the entire widget to a bias. I did this after I realized my input for up wasn't "true north" in the right stick.

Tirik22x
02-27-2018, 05:35 PM
Oh yes! It's wonderful. Lol unset advanced control settings. You can really fine tune the settings, shush left/right input, full block(got those that use it. You can even rotate the entire widget to a bias. I did this after I realized my input for up wasn't "true north" in the right stick.

Omg.... this is amazing! I had no idea!

Alustar.
02-27-2018, 06:13 PM
Omg.... this is amazing! I had no idea!

Inorite!? I hope it helps improve your play. Also, it's worth mentioning another player had found that extension cords for wired controllers add additional input lag, so don't do any of that. Good luck!

bob333e
02-27-2018, 06:34 PM
Yeah I'll second Alustar, you can customize further under advanced settings, and avoid playing on wireless (especially if it's an xbox controller and you're unsure if the batteries are still fine or started to die). Also only use the controller cord that came with your console. Don't use additional extra-long extension cords, or aftermarket cords.

For better peace of mind, also avoid placing any bluetooth device between you and the xbox (especially if you're playing wirelessly). Hope this helps.

Tirik22x
02-28-2018, 02:11 AM
I appreciate the input guys. Just adjusting the dead zone made things wayyyy better. My play instantly improved, and my dude is blocking things that he should be.

Alustar.
02-28-2018, 02:32 AM
Hells yeah! I don't know Xbox that well, but you should be able to configure it for wired input.

Charmzzz
02-28-2018, 11:35 AM
Copied post of me from another thread:

30 to 60 FPS wont do alot concerning input lag. It is mostly the TV/Monitor, have a look here: https://displaylag.com/display-database/

Different Displays vary from ~100ms to 10ms input lag. Add Controller (Wired and Wireless are around 67ms for Xbox 360 Controllers) and Connection (Wifi could be 10 to 100ms depending on your signal quality and if alot of other Wifi's are interfering), and you will have a much bigger impact on your experience than the 30 FPS more...

30 FPS: 33,3ms
60 FPS: 16,7ms
Display: 10 - 100ms
Controller: 67ms
Connection: 10 - 100ms

If an attack gives you 400ms to react, and you add up those numbers above, what is causing the most input lag?

Edit:
Best Case @30FPS: ~120ms input lag. 400ms attack - 120ms input lag = 280ms reaction window for you.
Worst Case@30FPS: ~300ms input lag. Resulting in 100ms reaction window.

Best Case @60FPS: ~100ms input lag. 300ms reaction window.
Worst Case @60FPS: ~280ms input lag. 120ms reaction window.

Edit2: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ighlight=input

That Thread is a nice read. Guy had an extension cord on his Controller which gave him huge input lag.

Hammelsneid
02-28-2018, 01:02 PM
Wait a second. You guys think, that connecting my XBox One Elite controller via the origninal cable instead of wireless connection could improve my reaction time even if I'm sitting literally 30 cm away from the wireless ****le? I'll have to try that.. sounds like something, that should have come to my mind right from the beginning, but it seems I forgot to consider this tbh..

Charmzzz
02-28-2018, 01:12 PM
Wait a second. You guys think, that connecting my XBox One Elite controller via the origninal cable instead of wireless connection could improve my reaction time even if I'm sitting literally 30 cm away from the wireless ****le? I'll have to try that.. sounds like something, that should have come to my mind right from the beginning, but it seems I forgot to consider this tbh..

Not that much, was tested here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0mDwAmQL8s

But if your batteries are not fully charged I bet the wireless connection is not as stable as it would be if wired. Also interfering from other signals could influence the input lag. If you are sitting 30cm away from your console, why not wired anyway?

Hammelsneid
02-28-2018, 01:41 PM
If you are sitting 30cm away from your console, why not wired anyway?

Basically I totally agree with you, every other device in my flat is connected via cable. But somehow I really dislike the original cable of the Elite controller, its sturdy, way too long and... arrw heck, I'll use cable from now on, you're right xD

Charmzzz
02-28-2018, 01:47 PM
Basically I totally agree with you, every other device in my flat is connected via cable. But somehow I really dislike the original cable of the Elite controller, its sturdy, way too long and... arrw heck, I'll use cable from now on, you're right xD

Hehe, good choice. And, if you are not playing on a PC Monitor, consider getting a TV with game mode (if you dont own one).

Hammelsneid
02-28-2018, 01:59 PM
Hehe, good choice. And, if you are not playing on a PC Monitor, consider getting a TV with game mode (if you dont own one).

Actually I'm playing on my old LG 37" LCD TV .. Kind a huge, I know, but I love it. Didn't know, that TV's also are a better choice for gaming ^^ Man, I need to read more stuff *feelsdumb*

Charmzzz
02-28-2018, 02:33 PM
Actually I'm playing on my old LG 37" LCD TV .. Kind a huge, I know, but I love it. Didn't know, that TV's also are a better choice for gaming ^^ Man, I need to read more stuff *feelsdumb*

Have a look here: https://displaylag.com/display-database/

Your TV is 39", right? If it is the one I found there it has ~30ms input lag which is good for an old TV.

Tirik22x
02-28-2018, 03:04 PM
Iím playing on a 65Ē... sooo sitting by it with a wired controller isnít much of a option for now.

Soon as I get my man cave up and running, itís on and Iíll have to report back to let you kno if it made a noticeable difference.

But, since Iíve adjusted my advanced controls Iím not so concerned with it... itís like Iím playing a new game, itís made that big of a difference to me.

Tirik22x
02-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Oh, and I will attest that low batteries will destroy you.

I was on a streak a few days ago... went several hours without losing more than 2 rounds the entire time.

Then, I logged off for the day.

Got back on the next day, and couldnít do anything right (or seemingly) and lost for about an hour straight...

Thennnn my warning came up ďYour controller batteries are lowĒ.

Replaced them, and I was back in it.