PDA

View Full Version : So... Today I killed the Level 0 bot from How to Play

Kamen42
02-27-2018, 02:36 PM
I killed the Level 0 bot. From How to Play. That PK, that had every possible attack and move tested on her countless times. She never attacked. She always slowly follows us even if we try to run away. She laughed at our torture, mocking us as she always resets her full health no matter what we did to her. She was immortal. Invincible. And today I killed her.

I didn't even know this was possible. I didn't even mean to do that. A was testing various stuff with my Zerker and then suddenly it happened. At first, I didn't even realize what I had done. I simply executed her as if she was a level 1 bot or any other mortal opponent. Then she respawned and it hit me. "Did I just kill her?"

I tried to do that again, but for a long time I did not succeed. She did her stuff - always eating all my attacks and then reseting health as if nothing happened. And then... it happened again. I slowly executed her again with sheer disbelief.

I don't really have an ending to this story, I actually just came here to brag. In the past there were so many ways I tried to kill her, everything failed. I began to think it is impossible and I have never heard of anyone who would manage to do this.

How did I do that? Bear Mauler. it was a bit tricky. You have to time the first attack so it lands just after the health-reset. Then the last attack hits just before the next reset and she dies. Also for some reason I had higher damage output than it should be. The Bear Mauler should do 33+35+45=113 damage, which is not enough to kill a PK, but for some reason I did 38+40+51=129, which is enough. (Maybe the Gear stats are on in this mode?)

I have a video if you don't believe, I just had to leave for work so I didn't have time to upload it. I can add it on Thursday evening (maybe even today with a bit of luck).

Alustar.
02-27-2018, 02:48 PM
Dude, your DPS must have been insane, I tried to do this with a pre-nerf shaman and got halfway through the last bar and ran out of stamina!

Kamen42
02-27-2018, 03:11 PM
Dude, your DPS must have been insane, I tried to do this with a pre-nerf shaman and got halfway through the last bar and ran out of stamina!

It is not only the DPS but the timing must be right too. That PK resets health every 1.5-2 seconds or so (a very rough estimate based on BM speed - 600 ms between 1st and second attack + 800 ms between 2nd and 3rd). So you have to squeeze the entire damage output into that short window between resets. Even if you have the damage, if the health reset happens mid-combo, you won't kill her.

I think the Gear stats helped too. PK has 120 health, Bear Mauler does 113 damage if all three hits land, which is not enough to kill her. I have more than 150 gear score and more than +10% attack damage, which makes it enough to bring PK to zero in those three hits.

Alustar.
02-27-2018, 03:13 PM
Nice, that's good to know, will go a long way to min maxing my gear!

Alustar.
02-27-2018, 03:15 PM
Come to think of it, ubisoft could probably look into that as a means of sorry of pay testing tweak in the future? Doing static tests on hero DPS and such

Alustar.
02-27-2018, 03:23 PM
This game is trash. I made a post and just started adding all of the issues that I'm having with the game to it and I'm up to about 13 additions now. This game has more issues than any game I've ever played.

Lol, then go make your own thread, or even better go join in with the other few that think this as well, stop trying to hijack someone else's thread because you are butt hurt.

Also, I'll be on the lookout for your own production of a AAA title.

Go on, I'll wait.

Kamen42
02-27-2018, 03:24 PM
This game is trash. I made a post and just started adding all of the issues that I'm having with the game to it and I'm up to about 13 additions now. This game has more issues than any game I've ever played.

How is that even related to this topic?

DKDridin
02-27-2018, 05:33 PM
Lol, then go make your own thread, or even better go join in with the other few that think this as well, stop trying to hijack someone else's thread because you are butt hurt.

Also, I'll be on the lookout for your own production of a AAA title.

Go on, I'll wait.

First off you can kiss my *** fan boy. Secondly the original poster just pointed out two more issues to this game to add to the huge list of issues that already exists. He's not supposed to be able to do as much damage as he did and the training dummy is not supposed to die.
Thirdly if I had the resources that Ubisoft has I would make sure that I didn't release a trash game. And I would have most of the issues ironed out by year 3 instead of focusing on releasing meaningless content. This is a subpar game being marketed as a triple a title. Telling me to develop my own game is just an intellectually lazy bullcrap argument.

Vakris_One
02-27-2018, 06:18 PM
First off you can kiss my *** fan boy. Secondly the original poster just pointed out two more issues to this game to add to the huge list of issues that already exists. He's not supposed to be able to do as much damage as he did and the training dummy is not supposed to die.
Thirdly if I had the resources that Ubisoft has I would make sure that I didn't release a trash game. And I would have most of the issues ironed out by year 3 instead of focusing on releasing meaningless content. This is a subpar game being marketed as a triple a title. Telling me to develop my own game is just an intellectually lazy bullcrap argument.
You do know we're only in year 2 right. Whether Ubi will sort out "most of the issues" by year 3 (like apparently some random dude typing on the internet thinks he can) remains to be seen, no?

Alustar.
02-27-2018, 06:19 PM

I'm pretty sure a scrub that has no professional knowledge regarding game design/networking is little more than a bitter critic.
Again, take this somewhere else his isn't even a topic about any of that. Go make your own thread, see how quickly your OPINION is thrown out by the entire rest of the player base who are satisfied with the title.

And on that note, I put him on ignore. :)

Alustar.
02-27-2018, 06:21 PM
You do know we're only in year 2 right. Whether Ubi will sort out "most of the issues" by year 3 (like apparently some random dude typing on the internet thinks he can) remains to be seen, no?

In waiting for him to talk about how "the mechanics are garbage" like every other 14 year old kid I've heard over voice chat.

Burn-The-Sinner
02-27-2018, 08:13 PM
I'm pretty sure a scrub that has no professional knowledge regarding game design/networking is little more than a bitter critic.

Go ahead then, tell us how well designed and network-flawless this impeccable software is. My requirements are NOT you to be a renowned AAA game designed and network engineer. But i will hold you to the facts you present to me.

Alustar.
02-28-2018, 01:50 AM
Troll harder please?

Back on topic, that is incredibly impressive you even went through the trouble of defining the regen periods on the health. I'm going to practice this and see if it can tell me maximise my own DPS.

Burn-The-Sinner
02-28-2018, 10:56 AM
Either give me something of substance and on point or stfu.

These little ubi apologists are just so sweet.

Vakris_One
02-28-2018, 03:53 PM
How exactly did a thread about killing the level 0 bot attract comments such as "this game is trash. "I can program the game better." "Ubi apologists." ???

Kamen42
02-28-2018, 04:13 PM
How exactly did a thread about killing the level 0 bot attract comments such as "this game is trash. "I can program the game better." "Ubi apologists." ???

I am wondering about this myself. I was thinking about asking the mods to close this thread. it became a flame-fest.

CandleInTheDark
02-28-2018, 07:35 PM
I am wondering about this myself. I was thinking about asking the mods to close this thread. it became a flame-fest.

Thing is that provides an easy way to shut down threads people don't like or just 'for the luls'. Sometimes mods have deleted flame posts and in a situation where they are so entirely off topic they are not part of the debate I would hope that is the route they go with this if they need to intervene.

Kamen42
02-28-2018, 09:32 PM
Here is the proof, as promised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M3F9-EBCmE

Alustar.
02-28-2018, 11:25 PM
That is beautiful.

SwellChemosabe
03-01-2018, 01:29 AM
Jason bourne it's jesus christ.....

King_of_games-SP
03-01-2018, 03:26 PM
For characters with looping movesets like warden and lawbringer its pretty easy to kill the pk bot. Ive taken her out so many times im more surprised that this is such a surprise to you guys

Kamen42
03-01-2018, 03:53 PM
For characters with looping movesets like warden and lawbringer its pretty easy to kill the pk bot. Ive taken her out so many times im more surprised that this is such a surprise to you guys

I don't know about Lawbringer, but Warden? What moves can Warden use to deal damage this quickly?

King_of_games-SP
03-01-2018, 10:15 PM
I might be mistaken but i believe simple shoulder charge spam keeps her health from regening

Kamen42
03-02-2018, 09:51 AM
I might be mistaken but i believe simple shoulder charge spam keeps her health from regening

I haven't tried this, but I would be surprised if this was the case. I thought the PK's health resets after a set duration, no matter what happens to her. You can even see in the video that she regens the health right after one of the hits land.

Tirik22x
03-02-2018, 02:34 PM
I just picked up gladiator yesterday, and at lvl 0, with no gear, I got the bot down to 10%~ health. I’m certain with gear, she would’ve been dead.