PDA

View Full Version : Will this game be playable in year 3?

Miadous
02-27-2018, 06:34 AM
Just wondering...

Dedicated servers were all the hype and Ubisoft was proud and excited?

It's actually a surprise if anyone can get through a complete dominion match. Nothing has changed over the course of 1 year.

Charmzzz
02-27-2018, 08:08 AM
Just wondering...

It's actually a surprise if anyone can get through a complete dominion match. Nothing has changed over the course of 1 year.

Seriously nothing has changed? Major balance tweaks, the parry changes, new maps and gear, 6 new heroes. Yeah, nothing changed...

For Servers: I have no disconnects anymore if another player leaves in a match. For me it is working as intended.

SangLong524
02-27-2018, 08:14 AM
A lot have changed in a year. I dont have full understanding of this dedicated servers business but it seem i get connected faster and easier than b4.
Anyway, year 2 barely started. A lot can happen. Let's not getting ahead of ourselves

BTTrinity
02-27-2018, 02:59 PM
Just wondering...

Besides fixing every exploit that people complained about, from flicker to gb cancel...

Completely changing the structure of the game to run on servers (Which are doing great for me, id be unlucky to not finish a 4v4 match)

New game modes

Giving OG heroes new movesets to compete with DLC heroes...

New things added to their over-priced market every week.

Truly, nothing has changed /s

Alustar.
02-27-2018, 03:11 PM
If you have to ask this question, I don't see you playing long enough for the answer to matter

Kamen42
02-27-2018, 03:42 PM
This game gets better all the time. The year 2 already brought big changes and I am looking forward to see more of what's to come.

Dry.Fish
02-27-2018, 04:17 PM
I didn't like season 5 at first but I think that was mostly me trying to relearn the game. The only problem I have with it so far is players and bots holding invisible weapon, don't know if this in a known issue or not.

EDG_Avocado
02-28-2018, 03:25 AM
For Honer definitely improved, but beta was still its peak by far

Miadous
02-28-2018, 03:50 AM
This thread has nothing to do with the gameplay changes, people, it's strictly connection issues and being able to just play the game. Are you all not seeing all the issues with the new "servers"? There are posts about it everywhere. Error codes popping up left and right. Starting with bots in every match instead of filling out teams. Being in a match and everyone getting disconnect except one person then it tried to refill each spot with another human. Blocking has also become an issue and often doesn't block attacks when you think it should. Players are getting hit by what looks like no animations.

Ubisoft even started a big reddit thread so they can collect all the dedicated server issues and error codes for investigation. I'm glad some of you are somehow playing the game perfectly fine and finishing every match, but that's not the case with a lot of us.

My Codes I've submitted:
0006000139 < an old code that has been popping up all year

Miadous
02-28-2018, 04:27 AM
Oh and also Critical Errors have been happening occasionally since Season 5 launched. Connection to servers lost during dominion matches and kicks everyone.

7-00000004

Burn-The-Sinner
02-28-2018, 03:01 PM
The game was barely playable at "release" day. Since then they fixed some bugs, introduced new modes and new characters.

Game is still broken - the old OP characters are just as OP. You can get yourself a PK and just light spam your way to victory and apart from some very narrow minority, nobody can really do something. And even that minority must input A LOT OF EFFORT AND SKILL to win, while the PK players... just dash back, throw a zone or a light.

The new characters escalate the broken-ness of the game to the Cosmos. New characters are either literal god mode or utterly useless. I.e. shaman/glad and their opposite - highlander.

The game won't be playable ever. It's just something people will use as a waiting room until other more competent developers pick up the fighting style and implement it in their own games.

The_B0G_
02-28-2018, 03:26 PM
Psst, its playable now...