PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal that demon embrace one shots you?

swiss_soldier_1
02-27-2018, 01:33 AM
So i was destroying this shugoki and i got a bit too much offensive and while i was attacking he just demon embraced me. And i died. And i had 3/4 of health. As a warlord.

And this is not the first time this happens.

As far as i could see no one hit me while he was lifting me, the only 2 people around where fighting each other. Maybe lag?

????

XJadeDragoonX
02-27-2018, 01:53 AM
When the shugoki is low on health, demons embrace is a one hit kill

JadeBosson.
02-27-2018, 02:17 AM
from my experience if I'm not in revenger and gear stats are off it always one shots

CandleInTheDark
02-27-2018, 02:21 AM
Demon's Embrace is set on scaling damage, the more hurt shugoki is, the more health it takes from you,when the shugoki is in critical health then yes it is a one hit kill. To balance this, if shugoki misses he takes damage, so a demon's embrace is literally an all in roll of the dice in critical state.

AkenoKobayashi
02-27-2018, 11:05 PM
The fact that you know what this move is called shows that you should know how it works. Most people ignorant of Shugoki's moveset just call it "back breaker".

swiss_soldier_1
02-28-2018, 01:49 PM
Oh so that's it. Damn. Gotta be more careful then. What the hell.

The fact that you know what this move is called shows that you should know how it works. Most people ignorant of Shugoki's moveset just call it "back breaker".

I don't see the logic connection...

Alustar.
02-28-2018, 08:55 PM

Some tips on dealing with it are be aware of where your walls are. The only time it's guaranteed is off a wall splat.
Always be ready to CGB. Also a GB from you will burn the hyper armor, making then stagger-able.

SwellChemosabe
02-28-2018, 09:21 PM
there's probably a fitting meme for that moment when you realize you've been caught in a low hp shugo's demon embrace. such a beautiful yet terrifying moment.

Alustar.
02-28-2018, 11:28 PM
there's probably a fitting meme for that moment when you realize you've been caught in a low hp shugo's demon embrace. such a beautiful yet terrifying moment.

It makes me miss the days that shugoki ran around grabbing people as I dip behind them and nab a free kill.

Dasteel1974
03-01-2018, 05:30 AM
1 shot kill Demon Embrace is the stupidest move in the game. So you are on deaths door and that gives you the power to kill somebody in 1 move? Just another example of why somebody should slap the people at Ubi for being so GD idiotic.

AkenoKobayashi
03-04-2018, 12:45 AM

If you know the moves name, it means you played Shugoki and became familiar with the move and what it does. That means you should know what the properties of the move are. Unless you just read other people's crybaby posts about it, and picked up the name from those threads.

swiss_soldier_1
03-04-2018, 12:49 AM
If you know the moves name, it means you played Shugoki and became familiar with the move and what it does. That means you should know what the properties of the move are. Unless you just read other people's crybaby posts about it, and picked up the name from those threads.

or maybe i played shugoki once or twice, read the moveset and remembered some names without actually knowing everything about them?

AkenoKobayashi
03-04-2018, 11:43 PM
That's still on you. You played the character, read the moveset, and remembered the name.

BarbeQMichael
03-04-2018, 11:55 PM
Demon's Embrace is set on scaling damage, the more hurt shugoki is, the more health it takes from you,when the shugoki is in critical health then yes it is a one hit kill. To balance this, if shugoki misses he takes damage, so a demon's embrace is literally an all in roll of the dice in critical state.

From what I've understood Shrek has only two stages with his demon embrace, not scaling; normal which does 40dmg and the other while below 20hp kills you instantly. Also contrary to your statement he does not kill himself while in critical state, he doesn't take damage at all; he only takes damage from tier 1 demon embrace.