PDA

View Full Version : Season 5 Hope

Archeun
02-27-2018, 01:07 AM
I was hopeful that Season 5 would improve many things. Still having connection issues (even though I know it's not my Internet)., the reworks on the game have made it very disappointing (feints, feints, and unblockables). The Steam population is steadily declining for PC already. My hopes have been decimated.

For Honor will always be one of my favorite games in terms of setting and idea, but they seem intent to ruin the game by making it more cancerous.

I play very little now but each game I get into, it reinforces why I hardly play anymore. 4v4 especially has devolved into nothing but gankfests with 3 people jumping on you with multiple unblockables and slaughtering you before you can react. I hope Ubisoft eventually makes 1v1 modes viable in terms of steel/exp. If not; I'll continue to wait for them to do so and avoid 4v4.

How does everyone else feel about this season? Have you been pleasantly surprised or do you feel that it's time to hang up your hat and go play something else?

SEISMIS21
02-27-2018, 01:37 AM
I was hopeful that Season 5 would improve many things. Still having connection issues (even though I know it's not my Internet)., the reworks on the game have made it very disappointing (feints, feints, and unblockables). The Steam population is steadily declining for PC already. My hopes have been decimated.

For Honor will always be one of my favorite games in terms of setting and idea, but they seem intent to ruin the game by making it more cancerous.

I play very little now but each game I get into, it reinforces why I hardly play anymore. 4v4 especially has devolved into nothing but gankfests with 3 people jumping on you with multiple unblockables and slaughtering you before you can react. I hope Ubisoft eventually makes 1v1 modes viable in terms of steel/exp. If not; I'll continue to wait for them to do so and avoid 4v4.

How does everyone else feel about this season? Have you been pleasantly surprised or do you feel that it's time to hang up your hat and go play something else?

I am not sure what your hopes were. However, it seems you may be wanting to play with your old mindset and old play style against the reworked cast. As with every season, be it new characters and a combo of buffs and nerfs, or with reworked and a combo of reworked and nerfs, your play style has to adapt all the time. I have been a Kensei main since launch and the beginning of this season was very challenging, but you adapt and make things work. Over time you get used to your character and any changes they may have had while also adapting to other characters and their new play styles and moves.

That's what keeps the game a challenge over extended periods. I don't know if you are upset about the servers, which you should be, with lag comp, which you should be, with lack of new armor, which you should be, or the lameness of refined gear, which you should be ; but the other changes this season have offered a vastly improved game, a step in the right direction for removing the lame turtle meta (parry changes), an improvement of the cast at large (though the conq rework was a bit much and nobushi kinda went too low imo), and most importantly this season has offered the first real changes that have made this a new or most everyone. I think that is glorious and while the issues are still there, they are clearly being addressed (at least attempts at addressing.)

Oh well, can't make everyone happy I suppose!

swiss_soldier_1
02-27-2018, 01:37 AM
Agreed that there are WAY too many unblockables. What about highlander? The whole concept of an offensive stance that gives free unblockables is ridicolous . They didnt think about 4v4??

Im trying to play warlord to change a bit and even if he has moves and i like him he really doesnt stand out in 4v4 BECAUSE HE HAS NO 40 DAMAGE UNBLOCKABLE TO LAND ON SOMEONE'S BACK