PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated servers are real?

SpaceJim12
02-26-2018, 11:18 PM
I've played 15 hours after dedicated servers were relised and I have dirty feeling that there are no real dedicated servers. It's just good covered peer-to-peer, when you have "connection troubles" instead host migration and syncranization problems. For no disconnectig happend as much times as disunc in peer-to-peer. And we have same problems with "unblockable lights" and magnetic attacks alike in p2p.
And on the end of it all, a lot of people on that forum writed that they feel some different bitween beta servers play and relised servers play.
So...Ubisoft, maybe it's time to admite, that you relise fake? And even more, you have no plans to do new chars, cause this game dead? You covered it by "balancing", but all you do just broken Kensei and Berserker.
Now, how I see this Ubisoft don't want to work on dead-when-born game, and just gave us all ready content, like maps and heroes and now they done. And dedicated servers are biggest lie, that all For Honor players heard last year.

Vakris_One
02-26-2018, 11:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtwWKtoZBs8

UbiInsulin
02-26-2018, 11:45 PM
We have a list of known issues stickied at this top of this subforum, which lists some problems we're monitoring with the dedicated servers. We also posted this update (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7ywn5t/current_state_of_season_5_and_dedicated_servers/) on where we're at with the dedicated servers in general. Needless to say, there's still a lot of things we're working on.

Only PC PvP is currently on dedicated servers for the time being, but we'll update you guys with dates for consoles as soon as we can.

SpaceJim12
02-27-2018, 12:12 PM
Compleatly neutral answer from Ubisoft. For sure they can't comment that, cause, obviosly it's true.
And I saw host migration message in event AI fight. Forget to covered it?

Armosias
02-27-2018, 01:18 PM
Compleatly neutral answer from Ubisoft. For sure they can't comment that, cause, obviosly it's true.
And I saw host migration message in event AI fight. Forget to covered it?
They did not forget to write it black on White in the patch notes, you should read them, only PVP is on servers.

Hammelsneid
02-27-2018, 01:25 PM
If you would have read other posts about this topic, you would know, that beside dedicated servers are NOT live for consoles there are still parts of the network for PC players NOT covered by the dedicated servers. As far as I understood, dedicated servers support PVP matches atm. Please correct me, if I'm wrong, Ubinsulin.

C'mon guys, give such rather huge technical changes some time to be implemented. That may seem a little bit slow, but if thats they way to ensure, that after that while everything works fine, it should be worth it. Changing core structures of a game isn't like Lego.

Edit: No new heores in season 5? What a shame.. Well I guess a little break after a 3/4 year phase adding new heroes isn't that bad to take care of fixes/patches/balancing of alread existing issues. Plus if there will be a new season pass, he could be identical to the first one. Season 5 without new heroes, season 6-8 with new heroes. But thats just my personal guess.

SpaceJim12
02-27-2018, 01:45 PM
I play on PC, thank you.
And I really like For Honor concept. And when I meet (that happens now real rarely) players that try to use all features of fight system, I enjoyed it so much.
But tell me how game could work worst on dedicated servers? Worst than on peer-to-peer. This is not a core structure is a net code, and it just should be more stable when got central place to uploand and download data.
And, especialy in fact, that peer-to-peer worked just fine on start of season 4. And why we have stable gameplay on beta of dedicated servers? That was month ago, and...what? Ubi broke something during this month? Unfortunately, community of For Honor on PC not too big, so we can't say problems were caused by waves of happy players in first week og dedicated servers.
I start that thread, cause I play this game from day 1, I really like it, even with all that stupid things happend, and all For Honor problems. And if I right, so that means game will be close during year two. Cause we will not see any actual content (where our two new maps?) from now on. And I think we will never see unique projects like this again.

Tyrfing_.
02-27-2018, 02:07 PM
Have to state here that stability (disconnects) and performance have vastly improved for me since the servers are up.
No complaint from my side at all.

wolfman25br
02-27-2018, 02:09 PM
I tested the dedicated beta servers, and the experience was great, in every way.

Is it possible to ruin everything at launch? Crazy rants or not, what scares me is that I have not read about PC gamers praising the new servers.

Hammelsneid
02-27-2018, 02:18 PM
As far as I remember the test beta servers were a way smaller instance for way less people. And structure, netcode or whatever, what I know is, that no matter which game: limitations, connections, engine-related or not - sometimes things are more difficult to implement or change than we think. For example a solution for the inventory limitation, everybody is waiting for (inculding me).

But nevertheless beside all our assumptions how something works behind the scenes: Personally I have at least some patience, especially when the devs/mods tell us, that they are working on the known issues. I know, it's hard, but as you said yourself.. For Honor is a unique project. The devs got to think about things no other team of mainstream games needs to think about. I don't see it dying very soon, because I can feel, that the devs want it to stay. Name one other game, which gets an weekly up to 2 or even 3 hour stream or that much weekly additions (even if it's just a battle outfit) as For Honor gets. They want it to be successful and working like we all do, and besides my occasional temporary doubts I still have trust in them.

Edit: And I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I wish, P2P was back atm. It worked for me like a charm most of the time, if there weren't those red/yellow NAT players, who brought down a session here an then.

Edit 2: What I really have to complain about is: Beside the good work to inform us, what the devs are working on and what they are aware of here on the forum, the communication with us could be MUCH better. And not just things related to technical issues. Patchnotes, News, addition to the shop. It feels like every single announcement is placed on antother platform and that its up to players to look all those things until they find, what they are looking for. Reddit, Uplay launcher, website, Uplay Overlay, Ingame news ... at least it seems for me, that there is no place where you can find ALL relevant informations. And that bugs me alot.

Alustar.
02-27-2018, 02:43 PM
This may be age speaking, but in my opinion, unless you are some form of programmer/coder or networking engineer, your opinion about how long or well a change of this magnitude is taking means next to nothing.

As stated, this is a huge change. The entire framework of For Honor is being altered to operate in a completely different way. Sure a beta test went well. But that beta test wasn't the actual running title. It was a very isolated few cells of the games framework. It was a test to see if they could even adapt the current platform over by a specific process and get it to run at all.
I cannot stress that fact enough, it was meerly done as a way to test a theory on possible data migration.
It passed that test. That's not to say that the actual transition would be flawless and without incident because this was engineered by humans. Not immaculate creatures that make no mistakes.

SpaceJim12
02-27-2018, 03:19 PM
Well, from now on only time will show us, what is real.
If after season 5 we just will get 3 reworked heroes and some retexture of old armor, and stay on that level of issues about dedicated servers, so...I hope game will stay in condition of project, where you can fight AI time after time.

Wuawydu
06-22-2018, 12:41 AM
No!
With you use some softwares to test who your pc are talking with ... you'll see that it stay PEER TO PEER all the time ...
Theres no Dedicated Servers in For Honor!

Koncrissant
06-22-2018, 02:57 AM
Infact the Beta Test Of Ded servers on ps4 was Hilarious Perfect!
Light blocks and even light Parrys was very good and everything went Smooth!

How comes that The Released Ded servers are pure Bull ****?
Becouse allmost Nothing Works Light spam on consoles are Worse than ever!
No chance to Parry at all !