PDA

View Full Version : Advice to all new players! (READ)

Tirik22x
02-26-2018, 08:10 PM
This is for all new players, and is the best advice I can give you in blanket form: DO ADVANCED PRACTICE!

Seriously... use “Advanced Practice” until you get the basics down. Do that BEFORE you fight ppl in multiplayer. It will save you a lot of frustration. I wish I’d known how valuable it was when it first came out, it was a complete eye opener.

Do that especially before you come to the forums to cry for nerfs or buffs...

Edit: ADDITIONALLY: you can adjust your dead zones for your controller! This helped me a TON and instantly. I was always accidentally using overhead attack, and (seemingly) not blocking in the correct direction; adjusting the advanced controls instantly cured this.

The_B0G_
02-26-2018, 09:22 PM
I find beating the campaign in hard, and then realistic is helpful for new players as well, in case training gets boring after a while.

UbiInsulin
02-26-2018, 10:57 PM
Also worth mentioning that we'll update you guys with an ETA on the training/arena mode as soon as we can.

JadeBosson.
02-27-2018, 02:27 AM
I just used orochi when I first started as its an easy character to use

SEISMIS21
02-27-2018, 05:18 AM

Orochi, like nearly every character in the game, is very easy to pick up and play out low level. However, orochi is one of the more difficult players to actually be good with as it takes inventive ways of utilizing his whole kits. This is really the case with any character with the exception of shaman and S2 (not current) centurion.

Tirik22x
02-27-2018, 06:03 AM
Also worth mentioning that we'll update you guys with an ETA on the training/arena mode as soon as we can.
Awesome. Good to know.

SangLong524
02-27-2018, 08:19 AM
And fight the event "Test your metal". Its week 2 already. 7 rounds full of pain.
If ones can cheese these bosses, then one is good to go. Especially when matching making is turned off

Tyrjo
02-27-2018, 08:36 AM

Orochi is a difficult hero to play. You need to know how the entire cast of heroes plays and how to counter it.

Ubi-P4in
02-27-2018, 09:50 AM
This is for all new players, and is the best advice I can give you in blanket form: DO ADVANCED PRACTICE!

Seriously... use “Advanced Practice” until you get the basics down. Do that BEFORE you fight ppl in multiplayer. It will save you a lot of frustration. I wish I’d known how valuable it was when it first came out, it was a complete eye opener.

Do that especially before you come to the forums to cry for nerfs or buffs...

Very good tip, good way to start learning some movesets.

Tirik22x
02-27-2018, 05:53 PM
I will add an edit that I literally (embarrassingly) just learned; you can adjust your controller dead zones! This makes things SO much easier to control and respond to!

I’m still a noob apparently.

JadeBosson.
02-27-2018, 06:11 PM
Orochi is a difficult hero to play. You need to know how the entire cast of heroes plays and how to counter it.

I think yall are exsaggerating orochi theyre still seem pretty to use and i've been playing for awhile now lol

Tirik22x
02-28-2018, 03:06 AM
Really looking forward to arena mode updates.

Protos_88
02-28-2018, 06:14 PM
if you are new spend 5min in train class mode and go 1vs1 train with red nat players. Bot is not the sams as red nat spam players...

Devils-_-legacy
02-28-2018, 07:42 PM
I'd say play a few games you learn the importantce of positioning and a good feel for the game I will say to any new player assume I see this alot don't stand next to/behind your team and attack your most likely going to cause your teammates to lose there guard well they eat a hit or don't feed the gank regroup at different objective