PDA

View Full Version : Can valk get nerfed?

TheUnknownD
02-26-2018, 04:23 PM
Seriously, She keeps spamming the sweep attack and she's unstoppable, When she does the combo i get up and she gb and does i again till im dead.

This game is so balanced with some op classes and the spamming. Come on Ubisoft. This isn't fun.

At least fix the parrying. You Light attack, Parry, GB Then that's a free strong attack.

GB Has to be one of the most broken things in this game, Highlander keeps GB you then he does his combo by ramming into you then he does a heavy attack and repeat. The spam in this game is rediculous.

As i mentioned, Valk is one of the things that is really annoying but not just valk, Go look at Highlander, Raider, Berserker, and others with the stupid combos after GB.

Fix GB Or remove it, please. It's stupid how you can do your massive combos afterward to get rid of your hp by half or almost half.

IF You want to Keep GB This annoying so heroes can spam their combos after GB Then, Give warden all of apollyons moves.

Vrbas1
02-26-2018, 04:36 PM
The sweep is annoying yes, but it's relatively easy to dodge due to its speed. She is otherwise quite weak (unsafe dodge attacks, weak heavies, weak lights.)

Vakris_One
02-26-2018, 04:37 PM
You can counter GB now after a parry. Valk's leg sweep is avoidable by just dodging to the side and getting a free GB on her. If she's GBing you after the leg sweep just use counter-GB.

Spend some time learning how to counter what other heroes can do before you assume everything that beats you is OP.

SEISMIS21
02-26-2018, 04:47 PM
Anyone think this guy is a Warden? Lol

Maybe at low level play spamming is a big issue, I am not sure. But at mid to high level there is no way someone can do it (with the one exception maybe being lame Highlander a during gank fests, maybe.) unless you consider well timed full block into flail uppercuts spam as I see conq doing that a ton, though I don't hate because it's a boss move.

The truth is, at all levels of play, some classes rely on certain openers, certain mid-chain attacks, and even certain finishers. I am not sure how this guy qualifies spamming, because for call to leg sweep she has to first perform other attacks and not be blocked.

Also warden will not get all of appolyons moves, but even if he did, I hope you know it's not like it would be the same experience.. Especially in test your metal II or III. They have monster health pools by round 7, they get buffs like auto regen shields, attack and defense buffs, and they have feats that aren't available to their classes in the game.

I am not saying you need to get better, I obviously don't know you. It does seem you would really benefit from block training and counter gb training.

EvoX.
02-26-2018, 05:27 PM
Valkyrie? From For Honor? Nerfed?

You probably don't realize this, but she is easily the weakest, worst character to play in the game. She'll be getting buffs in the near future, hopefully substantial ones, so I'd back up SEISMIS21's suggestion of doing some block and CGB training.

Hormly
02-26-2018, 06:00 PM
valk is one notch above orochi for me :/

The_B0G_
02-26-2018, 06:24 PM
Unless you mean Runa in test your metal, I would have to disagree. The sweep is dodgeable, I would recommend eating the second light and preparing for the sweep if you're having issues with it.

Trenk2009
02-26-2018, 07:21 PM
AHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAH

OK HERE A PRO TIP: Don't post anything on forums when your below rep 5 plz.

Like seriously ? Val nerf ? Just to let you know, she'll soon be reworked to get massively buff, she's easily one of the weakest char of the game right now.

The_B0G_
02-26-2018, 07:41 PM
AHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAH

OK HERE A PRO TIP: Don't post anything on forums when your below rep 5 plz.

Like seriously ? Val nerf ? Just to let you know, she'll soon be reworked to get massively buff, she's easily one of the weakest char of the game right now.

We all went through it when we first started fighting valk lol just give him some advice. I do occasionally run into good valks, but they don't spam the sweep.

Tirik22x
02-26-2018, 07:58 PM
You can counter GB now after a parry. Valk's leg sweep is avoidable by just dodging to the side and getting a free GB on her. If she's GBing you after the leg sweep just use counter-GB.

Spend some time learning how to counter what other heroes can do before you assume everything that beats you is OP.

This.

Have you even done “Advanced Practice”? It sounds to me like you simply just do not know how to play the game. No offense... but I’m being serious. Everything you just talked about is COMPLETELY coubterable with dodges and -GB.

I hate to say it, but L2P dude.

Trenk2009
02-26-2018, 08:03 PM
We all went through it when we first started fighting valk lol just give him some advice. I do occasionally run into good valks, but they don't spam the sweep.

You're right my bad.

Here's my best advice: her second attack will always be a light. So free parry. Also don't over react. Just wait and see waht she does then react accordingly.

I can't say much more to someone complaining about GB. He's clearly bad t the game and needs to train and play more.

UbiInsulin
02-26-2018, 08:43 PM

Thanks B0G. Please pivot this thread to advice rather than L2P posts. I can confirm that we don't see a lot of people calling for a Valk nerf, if anyone's worried about that.

Tirik22x
02-26-2018, 08:45 PM
Thanks BoG. Please pivot this thread to advice rather than L2P posts. I can confirm that we don't see a lot of people calling for a Valk nerf, if anyone's worried about that.

In B0G’s defense... the OP didn’t ask for advice... simply that all characters that are not his are incredibly overpowered, and should be given fluffy pillows for weapons because he’s more than likely, not even attempted the “Advanced Practice”.

But I get your drift.

EvoX.
02-26-2018, 08:56 PM
I agree with Tirik22x. Players who insist on nerfs without even attempting to learn the opposing character's moveset before jumping to conclusions don't really like hearing that the fault may lie in them, instead of these supposedly overpowered characters.

Specialkha
02-26-2018, 09:47 PM
And in that case, it is a L2p issue, no one can denied that.

Helnekromancer
02-26-2018, 11:05 PM
Everything the Valk does is unsafe,

-Dash forward top light if block is a free GB
-Side dash light is a free GB
-2nd light in her combo can be easily parried & blocked no problem
-raw gb leaves her open
-Charged shield bash is easily dodged and soft feint into top light it easy to see coming

And this is all on console I don't even know how bad she is on PC.

CandleInTheDark
02-26-2018, 11:07 PM
Everything the Valk does is unsafe,

-Dash forward top light if block is a free GB
-Side dash light is a free GB
-2nd light in her combo can be easily parried & blocked no problem
-raw gb leaves her open
-Charged shield bash is easily dodged and soft feint into top light it easy to see coming

And this is all on console I don't even know how bad she is on PC.

Might actually get worse for her on servers on console, gladiator's second light,which I rarely have parried on p2p, was next to impossible to pull off without being parried on the open test and I haven't read about him having an easy to parry second light in any other circumstances.

Card1acArrest
02-26-2018, 11:50 PM
In many ways she is a counter attacker, with side lunge attacks & counter attacks.
If she can control the fight with her pressure she can do well.

But I guess in 1v1 she is one of the weaker..