PDA

View Full Version : Balance softer

FatFreeIce
02-26-2018, 04:48 AM
Devs really need to calm down when they buff a character. Conquerer is kind of crazy right now if there person knows what they are doing. Nothing he does is punishable. His lights are too fast. He can bash after everything now.. why?

Kensei was done pretty good except again the lights are too fast with the soft feint. Otherwise not bad.

Berserker, wtf? Why give him the insanely fast light after a feint? It's impossible to react to. Impossible.

Maybe this stuff ain't do bad on PC but where probably 80% of the player base is on console it's wtf. Like calm down. It's much better to make a character a little too weak and then buff than to make them so annoying that I want to throw my controller through the window.

SpaceJim12
02-26-2018, 02:16 PM
On PC we have same problems.
And Kensei top light no goes throught block 3 time from 5.

EvoX.
02-26-2018, 02:47 PM
And Kensei top light no goes throught block 3 time from 5.

Because you try to parry it and fail. Attacks don't just go through block.

Tirik22x
02-26-2018, 03:12 PM

What he said.

As for the OP... I only play Zerker, and Iíll agree, the light after a feint is pretty hard to counter. BUT, it is telegraphed by a feint... you know itís coming, so itís not about reacting to the fast light, itís about knowing your opponent and reacting to the feint.

The berserker is a close range harasser, so naturally being in close range SHOULD be dangerous.

SpaceJim12
02-26-2018, 06:02 PM
I know the difference bitween block and parry. I don't try parry. And I heard that metal sound, that means I blocked, but took damage anyway.
And when play on Kensei I can spam top light and noone blocked it. So...it's an issue.

Protos_88
02-26-2018, 06:09 PM
+stupit higlander trackin grab...
This team who meaking this game shut be f change. Its to much and take to long

SphericalChip53
02-26-2018, 06:23 PM

Attacks going through blocks, a kind of "reversion," has historically been a BIG problem with For Honor, and it happens more often than you'd like to believe. Heck, I even have a video of one reversion where I had my sword in the guy with the "Execution X or Y" prompt, and then all of a sudden he guardbreaks me out of it and throws me off a ledge. I get my parries and blocks reverted at least once a game.

The_B0G_
02-26-2018, 06:29 PM
Attacks going through blocks, a kind of "reversion," has historically been a BIG problem with For Honor, and it happens more often than you'd like to believe. Heck, I even have a video of one reversion where I had my sword in the guy with the "Execution X or Y" prompt, and then all of a sudden he guardbreaks me out of it and throws me off a ledge. I get my parries and blocks reverted at least once a game.

I believe those situations with executions happening and then reverting is a case of lag, its when the parry and hit was so close in timing that on your screen it hit, and on his screen he parried. Its annoying but its due to lag, I see it pretty often.

The_B0G_
02-26-2018, 06:42 PM
I have to disagree with the way the balances are going as well, I love the parry changes, but the reworks seems to be trying to beat the defence meta by making attacks so fast you can't react to.

I love this game and haven't stuck to a single game for this long ever, I usually get bored of games pretty fast but not with this one but since the new balances I've been losing interest pretty quickly, it seems every rework characters lights are so fast you can't react to, and the other characters that are being used the most have super fast attacks and feints as well.

I used to be pretty good at defending but I always used attacking as a way of keeping aggressive spammy fighters at bay, now with hyper armor being on more and more moves I can't even do that. Since season 5 I just get constantly picked apart with lights and feints I can't react to because of the speed.

I feel like they need separate balancing for consoles if this game is going to survive for me.

Tyrjo
02-26-2018, 07:15 PM
I know the difference bitween block and parry. I don't try parry. And I heard that metal sound, that means I blocked, but took damage anyway.
And when play on Kensei I can spam top light and noone blocked it. So...it's an issue.

Chip damage?

EvoX.
02-26-2018, 07:45 PM

What you described is simply lag.

Vakris_One
02-26-2018, 07:50 PM
Test it out with a friend in a private match. If it doesn't happen there then it's a connection/lag problem.

I have several videos of my executions being reverted back by a second. It's not super frequent for me but it does happen from time to time. Haven't seen it happen even once since we got dedicated servers though so that seems to be the cure.

Protos_88
02-26-2018, 08:34 PM
for devs balance mean burst character... ok but what with the rest...they meak berserker olmoust the same op as shaman... so many faints for 0 cost