PDA

View Full Version : I Miss the revenge Meta...

Zordrage
02-25-2018, 09:39 PM
You know the days where revenge actually protected you not just gived you 5 sec longer life time....

the days where you wasn't spammed by unblockables all day from everyone from all sides...

the days when you could actually stagger someone with Light attacks while he was charging up his unblockable because there wasnt 50 shades of Hyperarmor

at the games current state Revenge does not really worth anything.... hell i would say we even could bring back the old Revenge mode slightly tweeked of course.. with the amount of hyperarmor and unblockables flying around it would not be that OP....

im seriously just thinking on dumping all the revenge stats on all my gear and put everything in all the others.... revenge is a JOKE right now...
Revenge was made as a "Buff" when your getting Ganked... but its so bad right now it barelly even helps you in a 1v1 when ou activate it lol when you ganked its like its not even there...

Titanodragon
02-25-2018, 11:09 PM
I don't want revenge to be god mode again but I want it to be more than this useless ****. People used to respect revenge now it means almost nothing. You eat every CC, revenge doesn't mean anything anymore.

CandleInTheDark
02-26-2018, 01:00 AM
I don't miss the days that people were stronger 1v3-4 than they were 1v1, that was bs, I don't miss the days people could be on it more or less permanently and where one person could wipe an elimination team that has so far outplayed theirs.

If you are 1vx in elimination it is because your team got outplayed, in skirmish, dominion or tribute because you ran into or stayed in a bad situation and in neither case do you deserve a super saiyan I win button which is what it was then. In its current state it let's you 1v2, it knocks over people and gives you the chance to survive 1vx another few seconds until help comes or creates space to get away, in that case revenge is in the best place it has ever been right now. If you want revenge because you want guaranteed 1v1 because the power of it makes anything else suicidal there is a game called duel.

Zordrage
02-26-2018, 01:07 AM
I don't miss the days that people were stronger 1v3-4 than they were 1v1, that was bs, I don't miss the days people could be on it more or less permanently and where one person could wipe an elimination team that has so far outplayed theirs.

If you are 1vx in elimination it is because your team got outplayed, in skirmish, dominion or tribute because you ran into or stayed in a bad situation and in neither case do you deserve a super saiyan I win button which is what it was then. In its current state it let's you 1v2, .

All of that would not be true anymore thx to all the unblockables and CCs and hyper armor that are flying around....

if you can 1v2 with revenge right now you just playing againts players worse then you... any half decent people will gank on you and start spamming unblockables from different sides that takes down the defense you get in revenge under like a few seconds and then your dead.....

revenge was originaly made as a tool to help you when outnumbered... the ONLY thing it does right now is give you a single free AOE knockdown aaaaaaaand thats it that other stuff that are there is like not even there its sooo bad

ChampionRuby50g
02-26-2018, 01:21 AM
Last night I was last alive while breaking, and got ganked by 4 people at once. I was able to get revenge twice, and killed 3 but the last guy who was on one bar of health killed me. It was one of the most intense fights Iíve been in with this game, and damn was it fun. If revenge was at its Season 1 strength, odds are I wouldíve done that multiple times. I donít enjoy that. I agree revenge in its current state needs to be buffed slightly, and actually work properly such as knocking opponents back on activation and stopping CC moves such as pancake flip on LB or demons embrace. It also needs to be activated during those animations, as of now you canít.

Alustar.
02-26-2018, 01:30 AM
I think I still have videos detailing exactly why revenge should stay the same. Please leave revenge as is.

CandleInTheDark
02-26-2018, 01:45 AM
All of that would not be true anymore thx to all the unblockables and CCs and hyper armor that are flying around....

if you can 1v2 with revenge right now you just playing againts players worse then you... any half decent people will gank on you and start spamming unblockables from different sides that takes down the defense you get in revenge under like a few seconds and then your dead.....

revenge was originaly made as a tool to help you when outnumbered... the ONLY thing it does right now is give you a single free AOE knockdown aaaaaaaand thats it that other stuff that are there is like not even there its sooo bad

The only thing better they could do with revenge is get rid of it all together. A mechanic that rewards bad play such as that I listed above, your team being wiped or trying to 1vx in an objective based game, does not belong in a competitive team game.

The_B0G_
02-26-2018, 01:57 AM
The feat that generates revenge from attacking should go. Defend an assassins light spam for 6 or 7 hits then attack and he blocks and gets a parry, boom, revenge.

Revenge by a ledge is pretty much game over for everyone too with revenge now, you can GB through lights, heavies, HA.

Alustar.
02-26-2018, 03:48 AM
Yeah, that's the biggest reason I enjoyed the realistic modes was the lack of revenge. Matches are faster too. I really hope they do realistic tribute soon.

Knight_Raime
02-26-2018, 11:48 AM
I watch a dude on YT called faraam that absolutely mops ganks on him with revenge. and he does it on several different heros. he doesn't just play 1. So I don't buy revenge being useless due to unblockable spam.
Revenge is a bandaid mechanic for ganks because there is nothing that actively discourages ganking. Making revenge god mode again just to handle new heros/new combos isn't the solution and only further doubles down on one of 4v4's biggest issues.

Revenge is fine as is. the devs need to make changes to discourage ganking. maybe something like having point bleeding if you don't have people actively defending your points. idk.
Dominion is incredibly flawed because you don't spend much time holding or defending points. if feats weren't even a thing people would probably just ignore points all together considering how easy it is to swing a losing match in your favor. (I think it's cool and all to turn around a losing match but it's waaaaay too easy and frankly makes people feel like the effort in holding a point is basically meaningless.)

WarGods1
02-28-2018, 10:35 AM
I hope they buff revenge because this ganking has completely taken the fun out of the game for me. With the og heroes it would not be a problem but all these new heroes with their unblockables make it nearly impossible to fight multiple enemies no matter how good my skills are. I play on pc and all the modes are on low activity except dominion and tribute (except tribute can never find a match, makes me question if it's really on high activity). The only 1 mode i can play are filled with cowards that travel in groups and gank to death making skills useless, so yeah hopefully revenge gets buffed as hell so their can be less ganking.

CandleInTheDark
02-28-2018, 03:32 PM
I hope they buff revenge because this ganking has completely taken the fun out of the game for me. With the og heroes it would not be a problem but all these new heroes with their unblockables make it nearly impossible to fight multiple enemies no matter how good my skills are. I play on pc and all the modes are on low activity except dominion and tribute (except tribute can never find a match, makes me question if it's really on high activity). The only 1 mode i can play are filled with cowards that travel in groups and gank to death making skills useless, so yeah hopefully revenge gets buffed as hell so their can be less ganking.

If you want guaranteed 1v1fights there is duel, otherwise you need to accept, the same as everyone else, that not everyone wants to play it in the same way you play it and 1v1 fights are not guaranteed.

WarGods1
02-28-2018, 06:17 PM
I'm not asking for a guaranteed 1v1, I'm just asking for buff in revenge for people like me that hates getting ganked without having
even having the slightest chance to fight back. As revenge currently stands it's close to useless. And yes their is duel, but if you have ever played on pc you would realize that half of those players on their use hacks that will parry any attack you throw at them 99% of the time. For that reason barely anyone plays duel on pc anymore.

Jiblet2017
02-28-2018, 06:23 PM
I'm not asking for a guaranteed 1v1, I'm just asking for buff in revenge for people like me that hates getting ganked without having
even having the slightest chance to fight back. As revenge currently stands it's close to useless. And yes their is duel, but if you have ever played on pc you would realize that half of those players on their use hacks that will parry any attack you throw at them 99% of the time. For that reason barely anyone plays duel on pc anymore.

I love duels on PC. The reactions of some players are pretty incredible and forces you to get creative with your offense.

Unfortunately to find a duel on PC right now I need to wait for 15-30 mins (living in NY). I wish the duel population was higher.

WarGods1
02-28-2018, 07:13 PM
I love duels on PC. The reactions of some players are pretty incredible and forces you to get creative with your offense.

Unfortunately to find a duel on PC right now I need to wait for 15-30 mins (living in NY). I wish the duel population was higher.
Yeah it sucks that duel is pretty much dead. It takes me around 20 minutes to find a match in duel. It use to take me seconds to find a match but then hacks came along around s3 and now duel is pretty much dead. I found some of the hacks that people use for auto parrying, I'm not gonna name them lol but you'd be surprised how many their are.

Devils-_-legacy
02-28-2018, 07:50 PM
Ill admit it needs a tweak but I don't want God mode back we have finally got to a stage where there is no instant win yes ganks are irritating as hell specialy the ones that only go round the map as a 4 but revenge is not the solution better matchmaking Imo would be a better fix for this by pairing the gank squad against each other rather then make revenge an instant win button again

CandleInTheDark
02-28-2018, 07:56 PM

You can word it differently but that pretty much is what most people who harp on about 'when people used to respect revenge' are looking for, and there are plenty of reasons it was broken in its former state, gear mismatches were all the more evident and people could trigger revenge at times if a second person threw one shot at them. It was in a state where people were stronger against three people than they were against one and that should never be the case in a team game where both teams start with the same resources. The example I give is Evolve, yeah that one is 1v4 but that is the way it was designed and that is why the one is so much more powerful, in a game where everything else is even, for a super powered boost to make the difference is a poor mechanic.

Ill admit it needs a tweak but I don't want God mode back we have finally got to a stage where there is no instant win yes ganks are irritating as hell specialy the ones that only go round the map as a 4 but revenge is not the solution better matchmaking Imo would be a better fix for this by pairing the gank squad against each other rather then make revenge an instant win button again

That's why in skirmish the devs were looking at universal respawn timers so that cannot snowball, but in elimination, dominion and tribute a stronger revenge only rewards bad play. Unless a team decides to get into a 4 at the start of elimination (and if two of the other team decide to go for boosts rather than keep up with the fight, that is on them), 1vx is the outcome of the other team outplaying yours, in the objective based games, in theory a 4 man squad roaming together should always lose, you can argue what if they have two tributes in tribute but they have earned the right to defend those, the rest of the time, a player only stays in 1v4 if they choose to do so.

Honestly I don't think revenge should be a thing at all (nor feats, boosts and gear but those are other debates) since anything that rewards bad play in a team game is out of place.

Devils-_-legacy
02-28-2018, 08:09 PM
I don't mind revenge much at least at a dominon perspective if I'm parrying a gank ik I can over come them with revenge I don't understand why you get rewarded with revenge for getting hit tho I think that's a bit stupid design Imo lol.
I don't agree with this tho (1vx is the outcome of the other team outplaying yours and a player only stays in 1v4 if they choose to do so.) maybe if it's equal teams but I'm a random I never team with people. I can't disagree more on this purely for the fact fh matchmaking is one of the worst I've seen but we've always had bigger issues but as dedicated server are dropping soon something should be improved I'm joining 1v4s and I honestly havnt had a 4 v 4 in two weeks lol