PDA

View Full Version : I don't appreciate Unblockable feints

DoodTheMan
02-25-2018, 09:08 PM
How do I defend against an unblockable that can be feinted? If I try to parry it they feint it and punish me for it, if I try to block the feint they just continue with the unblockable move, if I try to side dodge the unblockable the feint move tracks me, but if I try to wait to dodge the feint move I'm too late to dodge the unblockable if they go through with it, and backdodging is the least reliable thing ever because 99% of the time when I backdodge, the attacker just slides forward 10 feet during the animation like the ground is made out of ice. The only reliable move I've been able to find is to interrupt the unblockable with a light, but a lot of characters I play have slow lights.

What is a console player to do?

bob333e
02-25-2018, 09:27 PM
This rings "Gladiator"... his skewer unblockable. Correct? :p

Zordrage
02-25-2018, 09:31 PM
This rings "Gladiator"... his skewer unblockable. Correct? :p

And Kensei

and Raider

and some others...

bob333e
02-25-2018, 09:35 PM
And Kensei

and Raider

and some others...

No, it's the description in the text; it's exactly what Gladiator does. Kensei and Raider have far larger reaction windows and have less tracking.

Archeun
02-25-2018, 11:47 PM
I've quit For Honor for the most part. I used to play 30+ hours a week but after Season 5 came; I quit except for playing maybe a couple of hours a week. The game to me has lost most of its fun. Ubisoft has decided to even the characters out; by making them like pre-nerf Centurions or adding massive cancer to their builds. The new servers don't seem to make any difference despite me having a 1k Gb Internet line which holds at 800-900Mb Down and 500-600Mb Up. Feints and Spam are the new meta. I've been enjoying other titles such as Kingdom Come, Vermintide 2 (which is in Beta) Might and Magic, and Divinity 2 Original Sin. It's getting easier to not play every day and each game I get into, just reinforces my decision to mostly leave the game.

The idea behind For Honor was and is; one of my favorite concepts. Unfortunately, the ganking, lack of exp/steel in 1v1 or 2v2 modes, never ending feint/unblocks and unbalanced chars have ruined it for me. I hope Ubi eventually fixes the title but honestly, I don't see that occurring. You have 2 types of people. Those who are fed up but still play and the "Git Gud" crowd. For Honor is not for casual players and it's the reason the game will never have a massive player base. I hope a similar game is created but which is designed for casuals. At this point the developer seems more concerned with milking real money for Steel, so you can buy emotes/costumes; than actually working towards a balanced system. Their answer to fixing the imbalances are to make things even more unbalanced.

Vakris_One
02-26-2018, 12:10 AM
How do I defend against an unblockable that can be feinted? If I try to parry it they feint it and punish me for it, if I try to block the feint they just continue with the unblockable move, if I try to side dodge the unblockable the feint move tracks me, but if I try to wait to dodge the feint move I'm too late to dodge the unblockable if they go through with it, and backdodging is the least reliable thing ever because 99% of the time when I backdodge, the attacker just slides forward 10 feet during the animation like the ground is made out of ice. The only reliable move I've been able to find is to interrupt the unblockable with a light, but a lot of characters I play have slow lights.

What is a console player to do?
Interrupt them with a light if you're not sure whether they're going to feint it or not. The more thorough method will involve having to learn at what point that particular character can no longer cancel out of the unblockable so that you know when it is safe to parry it. That is going to take some time as you need to get used to the timing of each character with a feintable unblockable.

My personal method for parrying super slow or feintable attacks is not to focus just the enemy but instead I keep my gaze on the space where my character's guard is, as soon as the enemy's weapon is within inches of my hero's guard I hit parry. This way I know for sure that it's too late for him to cancel out of it. It's a bit of a seat of your pants kind of method but I find it works as long as I don't panic and have the whole zen thing going on. It certainly helps me when I've forgotten the timing on the opponent's move or when facing a brand new move I've never seen before. Always be ready to feint your parry attempt of course just in case.

No, it's the description in the text; it's exactly what Gladiator does. Kensei and Raider have far larger reaction windows and have less tracking.
True, the Gladiator is the only character that starts with a super quick unblockable bash and follows up with a guarranteed hit if the bash landed. With him you have to dodge the bash as soon as you see it. With Kensei, Raider, Aramusha, Highlander, Shaman, etc it is the reverse, you have to wait a bit to see if they commit to the move or not.

Kelson27
02-26-2018, 12:18 AM
Yup I go with the latter. Straight up lights. If you see it coming you can also GB it.

Backdodging never works... so many assassins eat axe from my raider this way... I guess it's reflex. Big axe slowly coming, first thought is get out the way! NOPE OMM NOMM NOMM AXE. But a tickle will stop the swing happening straight away.

JadeBosson.
02-26-2018, 12:24 AM
I don't like feints at all lol but yahno your gonna have to get used to it XD

Alustar.
02-26-2018, 12:26 AM
Its been mentioned already, the best way to deal with feint heavy players is to just light attack then out of it. Playing shaman and highlander, that's the one thing that gets me off balance.