PDA

View Full Version : Test Your Metal II - Clutch, Carry & Parry

bob333e
02-25-2018, 03:36 PM
This is the 4th round on the third consecutive win, so this is their current highest difficulty.

And yeah, that Cent got two-shotted. Poor guy. :(

To anyone struggling with Gudmundr: improve your parrying game! be a bit more patient. Don't rush him down, enjoy the duel with him. You can't deal too much damage to him, he's very tanky. On stage 3 anyway.

Very much looking forward to week 3 and sharing some good matches. Can't wait for the ultimate challenge! BRING IT

@UbiJurassic this is how you fight Gudmundr. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI2CK8vEKeg

JadeBosson.
02-26-2018, 12:55 AM
so I gotta learn to parry?

bob333e
02-26-2018, 01:00 AM
so I gotta learn to parry?

You better, if you wanna survive week 3...

Wait. You don't parry?! or was that sarcasm.

Hammelsneid
02-26-2018, 01:09 AM
xD I really love that game mode.. it's so darn hard, when Gudmundr gets his max hp buff. But he is beatable, even alone. As Fady said, pe patient, parry him, punish him, throw out some well-placed lights and his hp go down like nothing, but may the gods be with you if you make one or two mistakes ^^ always a pleasure squeezing my controller, sweating like a pig when fighting him :D

Redkey.
02-26-2018, 01:19 AM
Probably, they should cut out movesets for the others characters just to leave him alone with a parry and a GB.

bob333e
02-26-2018, 01:27 AM
xD I really love that game mode.. it's so darn hard, when Gudmundr gets his max hp buff. But he is beatable, even alone. As Fady said, pe patient, parry him, punish him, throw out some well-placed lights and his hp go down like nothing, but may the gods be with you if you make one or two mistakes ^^ always a pleasure squeezing my controller, sweating like a pig when fighting him :D

Made several mistakes in this footage, but thankfully quickly regained footing. I almost ate two heavies from Gudmundr and almost wasted my entire Second Wind regen on Runa. I wasn't expecting her to jump on my tail, she came a bit too early, glad I used the shortest execution. I readjusted just in time. Also I should have top-heavied Siv when I parried her dodge attack at the end. I ran the risk of eating dangerous attacks (the Cent teammate got two-shotted). Thankfully, it went smooth enough :p

JadeBosson.
02-26-2018, 02:10 AM
You better, if you wanna survive week 3...

Wait. You don't parry?! or was that sarcasm.

a bit of both tbh lmfao like sometimes I do out of instinct then other times I just dodge / get hit lol / block

Kamen42
02-26-2018, 11:45 AM
I can never be patient against Gudmundr. It takes ages to get his shield down and damage his health directly. As soon as I give him a little break he gets the shield back up and I can start from scratch.