PDA

View Full Version : Why Orochi dont't have any unblockable move?

FinnOfTheHorde
02-25-2018, 09:55 AM
I know he have deflect unblockables...
But he dont have any opener.
Everyone have it.
Warden - Shoulder Bash
Conqueror - full guard counter, dash, attack cancel for dash.
Peacekeeper - Only deflect but she have big zone spam combo kit.
Lawbringer - shove, long arm, judge combo.
Centurion - fist, kick, charged heavy.
Gladiator - bash, toe stab, heavy charged.
Raider - zone attack, charge.
Warlord - head attack.
Berserk - top heavy attack.
Valk - shield dash, spear sweep
Highlander - heavy attack, kick, throw
Shaman - heavy attack, charge when someone is bleeding
Kensei - heavy attack
Shokugi - Run, heavy charged, head attack
Orochi - here is nothing.
Nobushi - kick.
Shinobi - kick.
Aramusha - zone, counter move + kick or fist.
General Tozens kick would be good thing to add for Orochi moveset.

The_B0G_
02-25-2018, 10:12 AM
A lot of the ones you listed aren't openers and a lot of the others that can be used from neutral without working your way through a combo, are very telegraphed.

Not saying Orochi couldn't use a move or two more, but I still come up against really good Orochi's, he's not that weak, fast top lights, insanely fast zone, and top heavy off a GB, he also has really good whiff punishes for when people get too aggressive and start throwing out wreckless attacks. You can go down fast against Orochi if you aren't careful.

Alustar.
02-25-2018, 10:14 AM
Even my shaman gets eaten by a calm Orochi player that focuses on counter attacking.

Knight_Raime
02-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Nope. If orochi gets an unblockable bash from neutral I will literally be done with the game.
That's not how you fix characters. None of the reworks gave this either.

Orochi doesn't need this. His counter attack options need to be buffed. that's it.

Oupyz
02-25-2018, 11:44 AM
many characters don't have an opener

while i agree that orochi is in a bad place , still not sure what could fix him , i hope Nobushi and orocchi and shugoki are the next rework

BarbeQMichael
02-25-2018, 12:52 PM
Orochi could sure use some tweaks, he is now in the middle grounds. But ub for him is a no go. Look at pk, no unblockables or melee yet she is still the best (or most op how you would call it) character in the game.

jordan-tanton
02-25-2018, 02:05 PM
I agree with raime tbh Orochi needs the highlander treatment a buff at most maybe something else but not alot.

Baturai
02-25-2018, 03:55 PM
My last ranked duel match v.s Lawbringer with My rep 25 Orochi lasted 8 minutes. he didnt attack the whole game not even parry attempts !! full turtle.

ahaha he just waited for me to attack.. the only option i had was dodge deflect combo or stay and cancel gb. Guess who won the End Round ? :)))
Eventho LAwbringer has more advantages, it is managable.
BUT What about the New COnq NOW ?? xD spamm the **** out of your guts.

it is disgusting. 50/50's shouldnt be too safe.

bob333e
02-25-2018, 04:27 PM
Nope. If orochi gets an unblockable bash from neutral I will literally be done with the game.
That's not how you fix characters. None of the reworks gave this either.

Orochi doesn't need this. His counter attack options need to be buffed. that's it.

^

Also @OP several of the things you listed aren't openers from neutral. Turning this game into a bashfest isn't the solution. Just because other heroes have a bash from neutral, doesn't mean every hero should have a bash from neutral. If I may put it in the most simple manner: unblockable bashes from neutral are the true cancer of this game. Not lightspam. Not Shaman.

I'm a Warden main, and while I appreciate that I have a shoulderbash that I can chain in and out of, I absolutely hate the fact that
1) it is spammable (vortex)
2) Warden is heavily dependent on it if he wants to be actually threatening
3) It doesn't involve using his fcuking sword, he's using his shoulder
4) Taints the Warden's reputation down the sewers because of all the vortex spammers.

At the same time, I can't take Ubisoft seriously concerning Warden's rework. I don't really like the new Zerk and the new Conq (only the new Kensei), and all the recent wave of memes and silly gay things in the game are making me less and less immersed. Warden's rework is going to be the last straw. He's who I use 90% of my time on For Honor.

And yeah. I don't really want his shoulderbash. If they absolutely can't get rid of it, for lack of creativity / invested effort into reworks, then at least they should make it less spammy. Anything to help him get a good image, really. Poor guy has been the prospect of "bash spam" since the game's launch.

I hate unblockable bashes from neutral. They mean you can't land a hit unless you stun/stagger your opponent first. Combat-wise, this is poor logic. This is a lazy way to circumvent defense. We don't need more unblockable bashes from neutral in this game. We need less, actually.