PDA

View Full Version : Idea for executions (or maybe partner emotes, if they they will make an entry)

S0Mi_xD
02-25-2018, 05:12 AM
Pretty simple ...
Dancing Executions!!

Let's say Berserker takes the finished enemy for a short Waltz and finishes it with a Spin where he let's the enemy go to just fall. (spin to win :P )

jordan-tanton
02-25-2018, 02:24 PM
Sorry but I just cant agree to this just way to silly for my liking and many others. Me and many others want to see more serious and savage executions and more serious emotes put into the game now tbh.

Dont get me wrong I dont mind memes and the odd silly emote/execution but its getting a bit out of hand now.

S0Mi_xD
02-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Sorry but I just cant agree to this just way to silly for my liking and many others. Me and many others want to see more serious and savage executions and more serious emotes put into the game now tbh.

Dont get me wrong I dont mind memes and the odd silly emote/execution but its getting a bit out of hand now.

If you think so it is fine, but thinking this way, just because others complain about some meme emotes won't lead you far.

Did you ever looked into all executions and emotes?
There aren't many memes or silly ones - the only thing that is getting out of hand is the reaction of those "many others" you mention.

One "meme" execution is warden and that's was even a real thing in some medieval duells etc.
2 or 3 funny executions like orochis bowing and every other thing is pretty savage and brutal.

Emotes are some more funny ones but not that much, seriously those "many others" are overreacting because of everything, a salt emote, a warden meme execution - it's already ridiculous how childish this behaviour is - it's not like you need to buy it.

It's like people go savage because they dislike 1 of 100 dishes in a restaurant, and call this restaurant ****ty ....

Also there are enough people who like some interessting executions etc.

jordan-tanton
02-25-2018, 04:29 PM
I dont complain or rage about it at all, yeah there are many many childish people on this forum ranging and moaning and not being constructive at all with their criticism. But its opinions at the end of the day so yeah they differ.

As examples of silly executions or ones not worth the steel price, LawBringers new one is pretty lackluster and not worth its 7000 price tag imo.

Warlords two wrestling ones are bit silly for my liking

Well that is only a few examples as I cba to list more so I dont make this post tedious. I like most of the executions btw.

There needs to be a ratio of more normal emotes and executions compared to silly ones in the long run is what im personally saying. Currently its fine but I dont want this game that I have enjoyed since the betas turning into some childish drivel like cod and many other games have because too much silly/stupid stuff was added taking away from the original game.

EvoX.
02-25-2018, 04:41 PM
No.

bob333e
02-25-2018, 04:46 PM
Taste is subjective. And while meme culture is certainly welcome to make one (minor) presence inside a (supposedly) gritty medieval combat game, one is already too many. And where have we gotten now? For Humor.

- Salt emote? check.
- Gay rainbow effects? check.
- Sports olympics emotes? check.
- Ace Ventura execution? check.
- Goofy and amateurish emotes that suggest you're not even a battle-hardened fighter out there on a battlefield bloodying your swords with the blood of the enemy? check.
- Unlethal and very illogical "executions" with bamboo-like dismemberments? check.
- End Them Rightly? check.
- The Hulk cameo appearance? check.
- Game of Thrones cameo appearance? check. I could go on.

Enough is enough.

S0Mi_xD
02-25-2018, 04:59 PM
I dont complain or rage about it at all, yeah there are many many childish people on this forum ranging and moaning and not being constructive at all with their criticism. But its opinions at the end of the day so yeah they differ.

As examples of silly executions or ones not worth the steel price, LawBringers new one is pretty lackluster and not worth its 7000 price tag imo.

Warlords two wrestling ones are bit silly for my liking

Well that is only a few examples as I cba to list more so I dont make this post tedious. I like most of the executions btw.

There needs to be a ratio of more normal emotes and executions compared to silly ones in the long run is what im personally saying. Currently its fine but I dont want this game that I have enjoyed since the betas turning into some childish drivel like cod and many other games have because too much silly/stupid stuff was added taking away from the original game.

The worlord wrestling execution look pretty brutal to me and not silly at all in my opinon but you see, opinions differ.
You mean the one where lawbringer grabs him and smacks the enemy against his weapon?
I agree, it isn't that spectacular but that's all - it's not like it is childish or silly - just simple.

Somethimes i think that people want fatality executions like in mortal combat, ripping out guts and everything.

In the end i am sharing your opinion - it has a good ration between serious ones and not so serious.
But the problem isn't the emotes or executions but those people who instantly cry about something if they don't like it.

Just like an example my suggestion.
If they release dance executions and after those will be 2 brutal ones - people wouldn't care about what follows, they need something to sh.it-talk about (and i do not talk about you, but in general)
In the end it isn't the stuff that makes a game childish and silly but the people playing it.

EvoX.
02-25-2018, 05:04 PM
In the end it isn't the stuff that makes a game childish and silly but the people playing it.

That is objectively wrong. Complaints =/= being childish, otherwise I guess every second consumer of anything ever is a silly child.

I think you need to stick to 9gag or whatever you kids use for your meme fix. Most players prefer if this theme stayed away from For Honor.

S0Mi_xD
02-25-2018, 05:09 PM
Taste is subjective. And while meme culture is certainly welcome to make one (minor) presence inside a (supposedly) gritty medieval combat game, one is already too many. And where have we gotten now? For Humor.

- Salt emote? check.
- Gay rainbow effects? check.
- Sports olympics emotes? check.
- Ace Ventura execution? check.
- Goofy and amateurish emotes that suggest you're not even a battle-hardened fighter out there on a battlefield bloodying your swords with the blood of the enemy? check.
- Unlethal and very illogical "executions" with bamboo-like dismemberments? check.
- End Them Rightly? check.
- The Hulk cameo appearance? check.
- Game of Thrones cameo appearance? check. I could go on.

Enough is enough.

To be honest - you could complain about everything and find something.
Berserkers kick in the balls and beheading.

But i think it has a good balance.

Ace ventura execution? You mean peacekeeper? Seriously thats already nitpicking ^^
Also some mocking silly emotes are not that unrealistic.

Also if there would be only serious things, where would be the fun?
It would be gone really fast - those small chuckles if a Lawbringer rides his polearm and a gay rainbow comes in a random situation are things that make me go on because being serious isn't all the times isn't fun on a long run.

There will come serious ones and not so serious ones - as long as it is balanced i am personally fine with it - i don't need to buy them so i don't really care.

S0Mi_xD
02-25-2018, 05:15 PM
That is objectively wrong. Complaints =/= being childish, otherwise I guess every second consumer of anything ever is a silly child.

I think you need to stick to 9gag or whatever you kids use for your meme fix. Most players prefer if this theme stayed away from For Honor.

Complaints can be childish or not that depends on what kind of complaint it is - pls don't put words in my mouth i never used in this way, just because you are offended by redundant things.

Let me answer on your level.
And i think you need to do something else then just playing For Honor.

bob333e
02-25-2018, 05:51 PM
To be honest - you could complain about everything and find something.
Berserkers kick in the balls and beheading.

But i think it has a good balance.

Ace ventura execution? You mean peacekeeper? Seriously thats already nitpicking ^^
Also some mocking silly emotes are not that unrealistic.

Also if there would be only serious things, where would be the fun?
It would be gone really fast - those small chuckles if a Lawbringer rides his polearm and a gay rainbow comes in a random situation are things that make me go on because being serious isn't all the times isn't fun on a long run.

There will come serious ones and not so serious ones - as long as it is balanced i am personally fine with it - i don't need to buy them so i don't really care.

Blood Rage is Zerk's only good execution, on several levels, sadly. There's even an original one for Warden (Guts & chop) which I didn't get simply because the decapitation is not logical and just takes away from immersion.

That's the thing; anything that takes away from immersion into a gritty, medieval-feeling, brutal fighting game, has no place in For Honor, honestly. And the recent influx since December isn't helping at all.

Granted, you have stuff there for the keks, they're only good if they don't start to outnumber the non-kek ones. Otherwise this is pretty much turning into a 14-yo oriented game, which wasn't the game I, and many others, initially bought.

It's not nitpicking at all; it's all the little things piling up. Eventually they form a mountain.

The fun, to me, is brutal, realistic-feeling combat, while feeling like a badass cutting the throats of my enemies, in a realistic-looking setting. Not saying [I]everything needs to be super-serious; no game ever is, mind you. But the silly stuff should be much more limited. Not start to take over. That's why the bunch of us are worried.

S0Mi_xD
02-25-2018, 06:12 PM
Blood Rage is Zerk's only good execution, on several levels, sadly. There's even an original one for Warden (Guts & chop) which I didn't get simply because the decapitation is not logical and just takes away from immersion.

That's the thing; anything that takes away from immersion into a gritty, medieval-feeling, brutal fighting game, has no place in For Honor, honestly. And the recent influx since December isn't helping at all.

Granted, you have stuff there for the keks, they're only good if they don't start to outnumber the non-kek ones. Otherwise this is pretty much turning into a 14-yo oriented game, which wasn't the game I, and many others, initially bought.

It's not nitpicking at all; it's all the little things piling up. Eventually they form a mountain.

The fun, to me, is brutal, realistic-feeling combat, while feeling like a badass cutting the throats of my enemies, in a realistic-looking setting. Not saying [I]everything needs to be super-serious; no game ever is, mind you. But the silly stuff should be much more limited. Not start to take over. That's why the bunch of us are worried.

And i basically one your side - i too, don't want For Honor become an emote and spam fest.
But also i like to taunt and mock my enemy if he deserves it.

As long as it stays balanced it is fine, also about my suggestion to make dance executions - thats more a neutral idea, not to serious but still kind of mocking you know.
And as long as there are coming more "serious" emotes and executions then "silly" ones there will be always more serious ones.
In my opinion a 2/3 serious 1/3 funny stuff is a good balance.

About those sport emotes - i was never a fan of them, but hey there are people having fun with it and it doesn't bother me.
It's fine to be worried and submit those worries but i can't take those serious who are overreacting like the other thread "Did Ubisoft decide that the game is a joke"
he says whats wrong with all those meme executions... it's only one, which is a real meme.
The salt emote, not the best idea but it's not a gamebreaker, also its limited to the event, isn't it?( sorry - it's only cheaper on the event ^^)
Exaggerations and nitpicking.

The thing is humans tend to ignore the good things and only complain about the bad stuff, as if it is the only thing that exists.

bob333e
02-25-2018, 06:25 PM
The thing is humans tend to ignore the good things and only complain about the bad stuff, as if it is the only thing that exists.

Those who do a knee-jerk reaction, yes. As for me, the good things that I personally find good and enjoyable in For Honor, are pretty low-numbered.

- Overall aesthetic and graphics
- Overall character design and moveset design
- The combat system
- The duelling aspect of the combat
- The gritty-looking aspect of the combat
- Some really good executions
- Very few emotes
- Some outfits
- Some weapons and some armors
- Three or four effects at best per hero
- Three or four ornaments per hero

This list is why I'm still playing For Honor. As you can see, it's pretty lackluster, compared to what's included in For Honor as a whole today. While I understand memes and jokes are not part of the overall aesthetic (graphics, textures etc) and the combat system, they're a huge part of the immersion factor. Which was already seriously tainted by the lackey Story Mode and the bland, repetitive PvP aspect, and the broken reward, player progression, matchmaking, and inventory management systems.

Now add in a flood of memes... you're bound to completely crush the immersion factor beyond repair. What it becomes? throw an unblockable with a "hahaha" and a "whoops I farted". With an overhead rainbow.

Redkey.
02-25-2018, 06:37 PM
When you hear about a dancing viking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf1v1AP2K7E

JadeBosson.
02-26-2018, 12:38 AM
That would be cool - I don't user zerker much myself but it would be rather neat to see lol

Alustar.
02-26-2018, 03:54 AM

I'd love to see some interesting and twisted tag team executions, I don't know how they'd even work it in, but if you are running with someone who might maybe have the same execution and you engage it, they can opt to join in?

Alustar.
02-26-2018, 04:05 AM
When you hear about a dancing viking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf1v1AP2K7E

I geeked way harder than I should have...