PDA

View Full Version : Did ubisoft decide that this game is a joke?

swiss_soldier_1
02-24-2018, 11:47 PM
What is it with all the meme-executions and not serious emotes? And now they are adding that "salty" thing and more?

Is this even serious? Oh for sure then I'm totally gettting involved in the EPIC faction war that you are proposing us... or maybe even not

change the nome from "For honor" to "For Memes" or whatever the hell suits it best

this is ridicolous

Devils-_-legacy
02-25-2018, 12:02 AM
I'll admit I'm getting a tad passed off with meme culture leaking into the game

EvoX.
02-25-2018, 12:05 AM
I don't like them either.

swiss_soldier_1
02-25-2018, 12:08 AM
it's like they are targeting an audience of 13 years old, i mean, what the hell??

Devils-_-legacy
02-25-2018, 12:29 AM
Tell me about the fact Valk execution got a rework still makes me lol

Alustar.
02-25-2018, 01:49 AM
First dab emote I see I'm leaving.

The_B0G_
02-25-2018, 02:02 AM
Pretty soon it'll turn into destiny, everyone dancing every time they get a chance.

AkenoKobayashi
02-25-2018, 02:59 AM
If someone ever dabs, I'm never playing with matchmaking turned on again.

RenegadeRasta
02-25-2018, 04:39 AM
They are definitely targeting the memesters and edgelords. Most of Lawbringer's executions are annoying and silly. Shugoki's executions are silly as well but like they kinda fit his character.

I hardly ever see Valkyrie's executions cuz all she does is poke.

Gladiator has the most THE most boring emotes.

These salt emotes are super dumb. Whole team wipes in Test your Metal then bosses rubs salt in our wounds in synchronization. Really? Really?

No more mememotes and memecutions pls k thx.

S0Mi_xD
02-25-2018, 05:05 AM
First dab emote I see I'm leaving.

There is already kind of a dab emote :'D
Shaman has one if she interrupts it xD

Not so long ago one shaman dabed on me ....

Personally - i don't think it is a bad thing, it's not like every emote is a from a meme.
It's kind of a small overreaction - while i understand those feelings of you guys ^^.

If they would continue to only make meme emotes etc. .... then this would be a different topic.

Hammelsneid
02-25-2018, 05:35 AM
No problem with the recently added emotes but definitely a problem with the oh so funny stuff especially the "newer" heroes get. Shaman and Highlander specifically, because they have more goofy emotes than "normal" ones for the ppl, who want some badassness in the game and not foolin around like a 14 y/o 9gagger.

If there are enough "serious" ones, I don't care about those funny ones, BUT if the trend is going to be "For Humorous" ... this would just be a shame. The guitar one of the Highlander is way to much.. not to mention all those "sporty" ones with freakin motorboat sound.. it somehow tears away the "seriousness" and badassnes from For Honor and I dont like to see that spreading, pls.

Edit: And I couldnt believe my eyes as I saw an exact copy of the "spear scene" from Ace Ventura used as an execution by Peacekeeper.. the first time of all executions I felt something like "Oh my god, this is just embarassing.."

Edit 2: Things like the Pony ride is maximum of humor I cant take personally. And if so, then please in a decent ratio. 3 normal ones + 1 funny.. not the other way around. Im not designing my hero like the biggest badass around with armor, ornaments and weapons, just to do some skate tricks or windsurfing with him, after I beheaded my opponent.

rastassin
02-25-2018, 05:36 AM
What a big problems here..

Hormly
02-25-2018, 07:25 AM
In very minor defense of the salt emote, it makes sense for shugoki, since hes a rikishi

My only gripe is how your weapons dissappear, ive wanted to be able to drink from my mead horn since launch.

ChampionRuby50g
02-25-2018, 09:21 AM
I too dislike the meme culture seeping into the game, donít get me wrong I donít mind a good one here and there but thatís not the reason I bought For Honor. LBs most recent execution in particular left a poor taste in my mouth, and even Wardens execution throwing the sword pommel.

On top of it Iím also not a fan of the War emote, the spam off it has already gotten on my nerves. But, I love the drinking emote. Salt emote Iím on the fence. I dislike the meme side of it in the game setting, but like the emote. Comes in handy when someoneís Wow spamming after you beat them perfectly.

The_B0G_
02-25-2018, 09:41 AM
I'm a fan of the Drinking ones, they're pretty good. I think we're due for some brutal ones though, time to make us some savage executions, multiple dismemberment ones.

Hammelsneid
02-25-2018, 11:58 AM
@rastassin

Interesting, in another post of yours you wrote "[...] yeah it matters for me in what shiny armor or ornament i am doing that, what emotes, executions i can use.. Is it a problem for u? [...]" So what's the point of your "What a big problems here.."? Emotes and executions are no more important to you? Well, fine then, but please don't act like the problems others have with the game are not to take as serious as the ones you got with For Honor. Thanks, jeez.

Veerdin-Wraith
02-25-2018, 12:12 PM
Wow, didn't expect to see this much hate in one thread.

I'm going to be honest, I don't really mind any of the "meme" stuff. Some of them are a bit silly, sure. But please all try to remember, we're literally playing a game about vikings, knights and samurai all getting into a big punch-up. This is the kind of concept that gets thought up in schoolyards by preteen kids. The whole concept behind the game is, without a doubt, silly.

Even the game's story mode is dumb, when you really look at it: A bunch of people started fighting over resources, but kept fighting even after the resources came back "just because". And the whole plot is about some warmongering crazy lady ensuring that the war keeps going based on some weird idea of natural selection and, presumably, a fetish for violence.

For Honor is not a serious game, trying to treat it like one is a recipe for disappointment.

The_B0G_
02-25-2018, 12:28 PM

I'm going to be honest, I don't really mind any of the "meme" stuff. Some of them are a bit silly, sure. But please all try to remember, we're literally playing a game about vikings, knights and samurai all getting into a big punch-up. This is the kind of concept that gets thought up in schoolyards by preteen kids. The whole concept behind the game is, without a doubt, silly.

Even the game's story mode is dumb, when you really look at it: A bunch of people started fighting over resources, but kept fighting even after the resources came back "just because". And the whole plot is about some warmongering crazy lady ensuring that the war keeps going based on some weird idea of natural selection and, presumably, a fetish for violence.

For Honor is not a serious game, trying to treat it like one is a recipe for disappointment.

Yeah people fighting over resources never happens in real life...

Veerdin-Wraith
02-25-2018, 12:49 PM
Yeah people fighting over resources never happens in real life...

Resource wars are sensible and logical. Fighting eachother after there's plenty to go around? Not so much. Fighting because one crazy lady decided everybody should? Even less sensible.

But sure, take my posts out of context some more.

Hammelsneid
02-25-2018, 12:54 PM

Ok, then let's break down some other not so serious game's background story, which are completely free of such goofy, or what everyone calls them, meme visuals.. uhm, 90% of all games maybe? I understand, what you mean, but this scenario is a fantasy scenario (like almost every other game, too) and just because it lacks exact realism and historical correctness... that's not a free ticket to add every single stupid thing, which comes to their minds or what the think (!) is "in".

Every fantasy-world got it's lore, the trailer of for honor doesn't show a shaman windsurfing or a highlander playing guitar with his sword. These emotes are not, what the game's advertising and spirit at the beginning promised.

Examples: World of Warcraft: Let's add some red blood and executions, dismemberments and beheading. Some would appreciate that, but I'm pretty sure most of the players (or their parents) would complain. Super Mario World: How about some hyper realistic soldiers to fight? I guess the playerbase won't accept that.

I know, thats a bit exaggerated, but I hope you get my point. That's no hate at all, thats just the opinion of players, who love this game and it's lore and try to keep it on the right track.

As I said: Even if it's all fantasy, you still have borders you should not cross if you want to keep spirit of a game. I was fine with the backgound stoy, it's not more unrealistic than the plot of most of the movies out there. And since the story is not a core element of the gameplay, that's ok. But I didn't see Apollyon using her sword as a guitar in the cutscenes, I did not see windsurf the vikings to their destination in the campaign.. etc. These meme-emotes, I think, are just a attempt of the devs to attract more people to the game, who really like this. But as you see, there are many ppl, who don't like it. That's why we are here.

jordan-tanton
02-25-2018, 01:58 PM
I dont buy the silly emotes or executions tbh 1 of my mains is highlander and I have all his executions because well there all good, but warlord.. them two wrestling ones are meh but his new ones cool though.

Would like to see a cleave in half for highlander but ott but rather that than a gimmick one and a decapitate for Warlord but you hit his head off with the shield after the swords gone through his neck.

Veerdin-Wraith
02-25-2018, 02:06 PM
Well, I can see I'm clearly in a minority here. So, I'll ask this:

What do you all propose the devs do about this apparent problem? Remove content from the game? Change existing things to be more "serious"? And supposing they do that, what would they replace them with? Any suggestions? Any ideas? Any actual constructive feedback? Or is this just a thread for people to complain about "silly" things?

Like, I get it. I get that people want this game to be more "serious", and yeah, some of the stuff in it is pretty dumb. The sports emotes in particular are pretty lame. But where does that leave us, exactly?

You can complain all you want, but without offering some kind of solution, what's the point?

The_B0G_
02-25-2018, 02:18 PM
Resource wars are sensible and logical. Fighting eachother after there's plenty to go around? Not so much. Fighting because one crazy lady decided everybody should? Even less sensible.

You speak about people like we're a logical species, but we're not. Throughout history there has been countless power hungry leaders that goto war just to expand empires, or even just for glory, the only difference in this game's story is that for once its a woman who is the maniac and not a man.

Ghengis Khan could have stopped after conquering Asia, but he didn't, Alexander the great is another who went to war for glory and power, Rome was the same no matter whether it was the senate making the calls or when they had Caesars, the famous war of Troy was fought over someone stealing a wife and that destroyed an entire people.

I could go on forever, we're not Vulcans, we aren't a logical people, even my own heritage which is Scottish, the clan MacInnes chief and his entire family was killed because a jealous woman who was divorced from the family for another woman told a member of another strong Scottish clan, the MacLeans I think it was, that the MacInnes clan members said their quarters smelled like a dog kennel when they visited the MacLeans. The MacLeans attacked the MacInnes castle at night and murdered all of them for it.

What's sensible and logical about anything I've just said? Nothing, but it all happened.

Tirik22x
02-25-2018, 03:17 PM
Yup, memes and childish bot names. Totally makes me immersed...

Hammelsneid
02-25-2018, 04:05 PM

What do you all propose the devs do about this apparent problem? Remove content from the game? Change existing things to be more "serious"? And supposing they do that, what would they replace them with? Any suggestions? Any ideas? Any actual constructive feedback? Or is this just a thread for people to complain about "silly" things?

Like, I get it. I get that people want this game to be more "serious", and yeah, some of the stuff in it is pretty dumb. The sports emotes in particular are pretty lame. But where does that leave us, exactly?

You can complain all you want, but without offering some kind of solution, what's the point?

My first thought would be: Leave it all as it is right now and in the future less "silly" stuff, more "serious" stuff.. please no cherry picking regarding the terms silly and serious. I think everyone knows, what we mean by saying that.

swiss_soldier_1
02-25-2018, 04:22 PM

What did i just read? There are plenty of threads that suggest stuff that is not dumb, like the one that suggested honorable executions with even the drawings. It's enough to take a look around the forum.

Besides that, there is people paid to do exactly that. Here we are giving a feedback about what they put into the game, stating that we dont like it.

Moreover it"s not that complicated.. just look at conqueror, he doesnt have a SINGLE serious emote. Not one. Not in free mode or whatever its called.Just add one where he makes circles with his flail in front of him,that's be cool enough to begin with, even if its basic.

S0Mi_xD
02-25-2018, 04:39 PM
Seriously your are overreacting really hard.
Would you count all those meme and dumb executions and emotes, which are taking the game over?

Conqueror has only serious executions, all of his fight emotes are serious.
Only his passive emotes are more "dumb".
But everyone has those where he drops something.

Take a look at his fighting emote chained dance, thats basically what you are asking for.

This thread is pure exaggeration.
I am not against serious emotes but currently it is not like there are only shi-tty ones.

The_B0G_
02-25-2018, 04:43 PM
Would you count all those meme and dumb executions and emotes, which are taking the game over?

Take a look at his fighting emote chained dance, thats basically what you are asking for.

I am not against serious emotes but currently it is not like there are only shi-tty ones.

I think people are just seeing a trend with the last few executions released and them being silly/comical rather than badass brutal executions.

bob333e
02-25-2018, 04:53 PM
In terms of emotes and executions, last thing I bought for Warden was Blackstone Bash. I absolutely despise this new memey direction.

And don't get me started on the new outfits they've been adding post-season 4. Cubist, Impressionist, Van Gogh-ist outfits like, really. Wow man. I didn't know I was a painter headed to battle with a giant brush for a sword.

And those rep41-rep50 outfits? don't ask. The rep50 outfit is named "Grinding Warrior" and its color palette is named "Go Outside". Jesus fcuking christ. This is getting tiring.

Hammelsneid
02-25-2018, 04:53 PM

I think, you just think we are exaggerating.. most of us don't. I'm completely fine with funny emotes, as long as they won't flood the game. In a scenario like for honor it is just very hard to bring this badass violence and slapsticklike comedy together without triggering some buttons. And for my personal taste there were added too much of the comedy like emotes recently. Thats all I have to say.. Shaman does not even have one straight, classic raise some hands cheering emote. That's what is making me sad.

I just don't want to see the road going to prioritize these kind of emotes/executions over the "normal" ones.. I'm more the normal guy. And as long there are enough emotes, that satisfy my taste, heck, go on making funny emotes to satisfy the other ones. I just did not expect this game to go very further that the partially funny fast spam of normal emotes, making them look funny. Never expected to see executions, which are copies of a scene in Ace Ventura. That's all.

Edit: If anybody didn't know:

https://media.giphy.com/media/dyd1muE4QqZS8/giphy.gif

S0Mi_xD
02-25-2018, 05:32 PM
I think, you just think we are exaggerating.. most of us don't. I'm completely fine with funny emotes, as long as they won't flood the game. In a scenario like for honor it is just very hard to bring this badass violence and slapsticklike comedy together without triggering some buttons. And for my personal taste there were added too much of the comedy like emotes recently. Thats all I have to say.. Shaman does not even have one straight, classic raise some hands cheering emote. That's what is making me sad.

I just don't want to see the road going to prioritize these kind of emotes/executions over the "normal" ones.. I'm more the normal guy. And as long there are enough emotes, that satisfy my taste, heck, go on making funny emotes to satisfy the other ones. I just did not expect this game to go very further that the partially funny fast spam of normal emotes, making them look funny. Never expected to see executions, which are copies of a scene in Ace Ventura. That's all.

Edit: If anybody didn't know:

https://media.giphy.com/media/dyd1muE4QqZS8/giphy.gif

Yeah i think, that some people really exaggerating about this topic.
The problem is, many people start to cry about single small things.
You say it - the mentality of those people is like this. " Recently some more funny emotes came out then "normal" ones - oooOOOOoOH FUU-CKK this game this is BS DEVs are only idiots now and they will never bring normal emotes again!!!!! "
Thats the same with everything - the game is dead, parry changes ruined the game ....

Also about the ace ventura execution - what's the problem if it is inspired out of a film?
If they would have make the enemy react so silly like in Ace did it, then i would agree, that it is silly and overdone.
But it's a far more logical reaction he goes to his knees while PK is mocking him and gets mercyless beheaded.

I don't say "stop complaining about it" but many people overdo it, and that's far more annoying than any polearme riding LB with gay rainbows.

Alustar.
02-25-2018, 05:36 PM

I'd love to hear your synopsis of the cold was era, then.

Alustar.
02-25-2018, 05:54 PM

What we want is simple. We don't want this to be call of duty: BC. It's bad enough there are emotes that can be spammed that allow you to t-bag/air hump/taunt your opponent.
The problem from my seat is it seems like the consent is specifically targeting a younger(18 and below) and if that's the case, I can honestly understand why the community is the way it is. I don't feel it's too much to ask to keep this game a mature experience.

Hammelsneid
02-25-2018, 06:12 PM
Yeah i think, that some people really exaggerating about this topic.
The problem is, many people start to cry about single small things.
You say it - the mentality of those people is like this. " Recently some more funny emotes came out then "normal" ones - oooOOOOoOH FUU-CKK this game this is BS DEVs are only idiots now and they will never bring normal emotes again!!!!! "
Thats the same with everything - the game is dead, parry changes ruined the game ....

Also about the ace ventura execution - what's the problem if it is inspired out of a film?
If they would have make the enemy react so silly like in Ace did it, then i would agree, that it is silly and overdone.
But it's a far more logical reaction he goes to his knees while PK is mocking him and gets mercyless beheaded.

I don't say "stop complaining about it" but many people overdo it, and that's far more annoying than any polearme riding LB with gay rainbows.

You know, every person "feels" about the atmosphere in For Honor different. In my case, I am a very visual guy, who needs to feel kinda "at home" in a game. There are things easy to influence and things not so easy to influence. The game itself, the core mechanics, the balancing and the mechanics aren't that easy to adjust and this process is something, which we cannot influence THAT easy by constructively or non constructively critizing here on the forums (from MY point of view). This takes a lot of time and thinking by the devs.

On the other hand things like visuals and future work on things like emotes, armor, weapons, flair etc.. thats something easier to influence by the players just by writing opinions in forums etc. (in my opinion)

What I want to say is, that I enjoy the game with its technical- and mechanical-wise status the most I can, knowing, that my single opinion about something won't change much (unless it's a thing several thousand players complain about, too). But the thing, that keeps me playing at liking the game, is my personal love for customization and caring about my heroes, that I love to play.

If you see the topic now from my point of view, maybe you understand a little bit more, why it is important to me, that the game should not drift away into a meme emote execution party, destroying one of my top reasons, responsible for being able to really enjoy the game, although(!) it got some flaws gameplay- and technicalwise. But as I said, I'm fine with funny emotes etc. What I won't be fine with is, if the devs decide to completely switch over to these kind of stuff.

Sorry for the long post, english is not my native language, sometimes it's a little bit hard to express myself in English like I would do in my native language :)

S0Mi_xD
02-25-2018, 06:20 PM
You know, every person "feels" about the atmosphere in For Honor different. In my case, I am a very visual guy, who needs to feel kinda "at home" in a game. There are things easy to influence and things not so easy to influence. The game itself, the core mechanics, the balancing and the mechanics aren't that easy to adjust and this process is something, which we cannot influence THAT easy by constructively or non constructively critizing here on the forums (from MY point of view). This takes a lot of time and thinking by the devs.

On the other hand things like visuals and future work on things like emotes, armor, weapons, flair etc.. thats something easier to influence by the players just by writing opinions in forums etc. (in my opinion)

What I want to say is, that I enjoy the game with its technical- and mechanical-wise status the most I can, knowing, that my single opinion about something won't change much (unless it's a thing several thousand players complain about, too). But the thing, that keeps me playing at liking the game, is my personal love for customization and caring about my heroes, that I love to play.

If you see the topic now from my point of view, maybe you understand a little bit more, why it is important to me, that the game should not drift away into a meme emote execution party, destroying one of my top reasons, responsible for being able to really enjoy the game, although(!) it got some flaws gameplay- and technicalwise. But as I said, I'm fine with funny emotes etc. What I won't be fine with is, if the devs decide to completely switch over to these kind of stuff.

Sorry for the long post, english is not my native language, sometimes it's a little bit hard to express myself in English like I would do in my native language :)

And i am on your side with most of it ^^

English isn't my native language as well, but i think it is understandable :P

Arekonator
02-25-2018, 07:18 PM
And those rep41-rep50 outfits? don't ask. The rep50 outfit is named "Grinding Warrior" and its color palette is named "Go Outside". Jesus fcuking christ. This is getting tiring.Really shows what they think about players, eh?

Tirik22x
02-25-2018, 07:29 PM

You nailed it, man.

Tirik22x
02-25-2018, 07:30 PM
Really shows what they think about players, eh?

Yea dude... it really does. I swear when I see **** like that it seems like the dev team is comprised of 15-16 year olds with a cool-kid complex.

Devils-_-legacy
02-25-2018, 07:39 PM
For me personally even I don't mind the meme culture just stop putting in the games the fourms I can live with but they seem to be edging it more towards kids then adults the salt emote is a perfect example you can see it's slowly gone from bowing to sword/axe twirling to salt

bob333e
02-25-2018, 07:50 PM
For me personally even I don't mind the meme culture just stop putting in the games the fourms I can live with but they seem to be edging it more towards kids then adults the salt emote is a perfect example you can see it's slowly gone from bowing to sword/axe twirling to salt

Next thing you know, they're gonna add a cat petting emote, with an actual cat spawning and meowing around between your legs. And the cat can have a rainbow effect too.

And when you do the salt emote, the cat will also throw salt.

UbiInsulin
02-25-2018, 08:34 PM
This honestly just seems like a topic where your mileage may vary. There were a lot of players who stated their interest in the salt emote before we announced it would be available.

I don't think any of these emotes/executions mean we consider For Honor a joke; they exist to allow players to joke if they wish to. Ultimately, we want our players to have fun. And there are a lot of different ways of doing that.

That being said, I'll let the team know that there are concerns that it's getting too silly.

The_B0G_
02-25-2018, 08:55 PM
This honestly just seems like a topic where your mileage may vary. There were a lot of players who stated their interest in the salt emote before we announced it would be available.

I don't think any of these emotes/executions mean we consider For Honor a joke; they exist to allow players to joke if they wish to. Ultimately, we want our players to have fun. And there are a lot of different ways of doing that.

That being said, I'll let the team know that there are concerns that it's getting too silly.

I just think we're due for some savage executions, Mortal Kombat fatality style.

Zordrage
02-25-2018, 10:49 PM
I just think we're due for some savage executions, Mortal Kombat fatality style.

i Support this....

Hammelsneid
02-25-2018, 11:10 PM

Thanks for your reply, Ubinsulin. I really appreciate, that you redirect this topic to the team. For me personally the salt emote is absolutely fine. Thats some kind of humor I totally support, because the animation itself fits and doesn't break the "flair".

What I was talking about are those sound driven things like windsurfing, skateboarding or guitar playing.. I just can't believe, that it was Jason Vandenberghe's dream, that his epic heroes in For Honor once will do skate tricks on their shields, when I remember his enthusiastic, epic introduction to an ultimately epic game at the E3 more than a year ago. You know what I mean?

Thanks again, kind regards,
Hammelsneid

ChampionRuby50g
02-25-2018, 11:20 PM

But this really isnít an issue where we as a community need to come up with a solution. Itís nothing major like the parry changes or hero balancing when Ubisoft would 100% need to hear our all solutions and thoughts. Ubisoft doesnít need our holding hand to help them through this. It should be pretty self explanatory to anyone reading this thread.
ďCommunity is disliking the meme culture and silliness seeping into the game, and are starting to think itís more of a joke catered for a younger audience...now letís wait and see what they want while the issue gets worse and anger builds.Ē

Itís the real world, a developer team should be able to identify solutions and implement them without been told what to do, especially in this case when itís pretty obvious what needs to be done. They are never going to remove these memes, or change them now theyíve been out in game for some time (Valks emote change is a different story) but what they can do is in the future stop going down this path and go back to what we know was well received by the majority of the community. Gritty, brutal executions. Emotes of Victory and celebration, not throwing broken sword pommels at someoneís head or LB catching someone running away and hitting the side of their head like their a bad child.

Even take a look at the bot names. Itís something small, I know, but when I see ďNeed2EatfoodĒ and other ridiculous names running around, itís disheartening to know the team writer (I believe) had to spend their time coming up with names that are trying to hard to be funny and clearly cater for a younger people, and thus ruining the immersion for others. Iíve seen plenty of threads in the past with similar enough titles and themes showing concern about the direction the game is heading. All those threads had constructive comments on them as to what should be done, but like I said we canít hold Ubisoftís hand through everything. They are the content creators at the end of the day, and need to decide what to make next. If they see enough people complaining, logic shows they should listen to what the people are complaining about and make a change to what they are pushing out as content. Itís really not that hard to realise.

You made the point that itís Vikings vs Knights vs Samurai is something that would be thought up by preteen kids, and thus the whole game concept is silly. I disagree with this completely. You could say the same thing about the God Of War series. It easily sounds like something a teenager thinks up with mates, where a man turned God singehandedly brings down Olympus. It sounds silly in concept, doesnít it? With that logic we may as well make Kratos have a Mohawk and every time he kills something in game they explode into salt. But instead GoW is brutal and bloody, with a great story and isnít over the top silly, which is the direction FH is travelling in. For Honors concept may sound silly, that doesnít mean it is and itís the path it should follow down. I didnít buy this game to be pandered upon with memes, and if I knew beforehand that this was more a silly game than one you can take seriously, I wouldnít of bought it. I bought the game to be a Viking raider, and because the battle system was so brutal and fun. Not because the games ďsillyĒ.

Alustar.
02-25-2018, 11:27 PM
From my seat it seems there is a disconnect with what is seen as proper use of humor. I personally funny have an issue with humorous emotes/executions. Neither do others from what I can gather.
The line seemed to be drawn when the content seems to be more of a fan service to cater to an obviously younger (and objectively more immature) crowd.
Furthermore, some of the newer content make us question who you(the developers) think you are targeting with some of these new additions. And as someone already mentioned, this is one of the few areas of the game we as players can have noticeable impact on, direction wise.

bob333e
02-25-2018, 11:31 PM
Even take a look at the bot names. It’s something small, I know, but when I see “Need2Eatfood” and other ridiculous names running around, it’s disheartening to know the team writer (I believe) had to spend their time coming up with names that are trying to hard to be funny and clearly cater for a younger people, and thus ruining the immersion for others.

*Cough* it's "Need2EatLunch", a level 3 Shaman bot. I've memorized like most of these names by now.

And yeah, it was mainly Ari who was responsible for these names, and more in-house jokes like the RAAIIIIIDDEERRR thing by Siv (can't say I dislike that one though). Ari has an amazing sense of humor, I don't hate her or anything, I just.... hate these bot names. Also there are four instances of her own Twitter account name/username, as bot names.

And, yeah, +1 on the rest of your post. I agree.

Meanwhile, we're getting block-shoved by Unsubscribe, toestabbed by AnyoneReadingThese...

ChampionRuby50g
02-26-2018, 12:10 AM
*Cough* it's "Need2EatLunch", a level 3 Shaman bot. I've memorized like most of these names by now.

And yeah, it was mainly Ari who was responsible for these names, and more in-house jokes like the RAAIIIIIDDEERRR thing by Siv (can't say I dislike that one though). Ari has an amazing sense of humor, I don't hate her or anything, I just.... hate these bot names. Also there are four instances of her own Twitter account name/username, as bot names.

And, yeah, +1 on the rest of your post. I agree.

Meanwhile, we're getting block-shoved by Unsubscribe, toestabbed by AnyoneReadingThese...

I stand corrected then aha, damn it I was so sure of it. As you said, I certainly donít hate Ari, but these names are just not welcome IMO. Especially now with the twitter names, thatís just lazy and unprofessional in my eyes. But, nothing we can really do about it at this stage I think. Just hope the next DLC heroes have better names aha.

bob333e
02-26-2018, 12:27 AM
I stand corrected then aha, damn it I was so sure of it. As you said, I certainly don’t hate Ari, but these names are just not welcome IMO. Especially now with the twitter names, that’s just lazy and unprofessional in my eyes. But, nothing we can really do about it at this stage I think. Just hope the next DLC heroes have better names aha.

Or, you know, they can sell bot name bundles at 45,000 Steel. Why not. And of course they'll be RNG-generated so no telling what may come in there, but rest assured, instead of Unsubscribe, it's going to be something more chivalrous like RemoveYourPresenceGoodSir. It's more medieval-sounding.

;)

ChampionRuby50g
02-26-2018, 01:06 AM
Or, you know, they can sell bot name bundles at 45,000 Steel. Why not. And of course they'll be RNG-generated so no telling what may come in there, but rest assured, instead of Unsubscribe, it's going to be something more chivalrous like RemoveYourPresenceGoodSir. It's more medieval-sounding.

;)

The one Iím really looking forward to is the teaser one leaked... ďItísTimeToD-D-D-Duel!Ē

Zordrage
02-26-2018, 01:10 AM
NEW shield skin is coming i can feel it....

https://i.imgur.com/IodjT79.jpg

Sauronbaine
02-26-2018, 01:33 AM
I actually like the meme stuff. Im also not a child... well at heart I am.

Theres plenty of serious emotes and executions that very few memesa re unaccepable.

Even Warden when he was released had a "Meme" emote. The BLADE movie reference is a meme technically, but I took it because its badass. Just because its taken from something doesn't mean its unwanted.

I think people are taking this a bit too seriously to complain about the memesing. I'd love to get a salt emote while I play my Centurion. lol.

I dunno. I just dont take this game as seriously as others I suppose.

I enjoy the drinking, I enjoy the pony raid... the sports ones are boring to me. I really like the Conq one where he hits his foot with his flail.

Aidames
02-26-2018, 05:33 AM
I play with Conq and nothing else, and from that point of view the amount of funny emotes is just too much. Just from the top of my head: coin toss, walking the dog, jump roping, skateboarding, and then the regular funny ones like the ball dropped on feet, ball hits back, etc. I mean I guess I should be happy because I don't have to spend a single steel coin to buy any of that garbage. It's just kind of disheartening to not see anything serious/badass coming down the pipes for a long time now.

This mead drinking/salt rubbing thing wouldn't be half bad if the weapon/shield wouldn't just disappear/reappear. Just my .02.

rastassin
02-26-2018, 08:08 AM
@Hammelsneid
ah u did some research cool :D ofc it is still matter just i dont have any problem if it is funny or not thats all. Cheers