PDA

View Full Version : New idea that came into my head right now

DoodTheMan
02-24-2018, 08:50 PM
If you GB somebody successfully and you continue to hold the GB button your character will Clinch the opponent for several seconds. Stamina recovers for both players during a Clinch and at the end both players will push away from each other putting each other just outside of striking distance. In addition, the initiating player can turn both players during the breakaway. The pushing off and stepping back cannot ledge someone, they stop at the edge. There are no damaging options during a Clinch, as both characters are wrestling with each other's weapons, and characters in a Clinch have a large damage reduction but gain revenge at a normal rate, and using revenge during a clinch will knock the other player onto their back.

But yeah, I dunno, just an idea I had on the fly. Whaddya think?

The_B0G_
02-24-2018, 09:24 PM
If you GB somebody successfully and you continue to hold the GB button your character will Clinch the opponent for several seconds. Stamina recovers for both players during a Clinch and at the end both players will push away from each other putting each other just outside of striking distance. In addition, the initiating player can turn both players during the breakaway. The pushing off and stepping back cannot ledge someone, they stop at the edge. There are no damaging options during a Clinch, as both characters are wrestling with each other's weapons, and characters in a Clinch have a large damage reduction but gain revenge at a normal rate, and using revenge during a clinch will knock the other player onto their back.

But yeah, I dunno, just an idea I had on the fly. Whaddya think?

In duel I can't see a problem, any team mode this would be pretty cancerous though, every time you get clinched you would be gettingvsome brutal damage on you from other players close by.

DoodTheMan
02-24-2018, 09:49 PM
Yeah that's why I thought it would grant a major damage reduction and revenge could be activated at any time during. That way it might actually be better for the player getting ganked if they're bad at fighting groups. Clinch one of them, get revenge if they hit you during using the damage reduction, and then either disengage using the breakaway and escape or use revenge before the breakaway to put the person you're clinching, and anyone trying to hit you, on their *** for some free damage.

Alustar.
02-24-2018, 10:05 PM
Maybe give the initiator the ability to reposition, that way you can use their teammate as a shield to increase damage reduction?
It's definitely an interesting idea.

Cliff_001
02-25-2018, 04:00 AM
I don't see the point of it.