PDA

View Full Version : Are servers an epic fail?

Toran80
02-24-2018, 12:00 PM
I played some tourney matches now with and without servers and for me the server system takes away all the fun I had before.

Before servers: Lag was caused by a player with bad connection.

With Servers: Lag is caused by games that match you to a server to far away from you = different reason, same result = not helpfull.

I was matched to 3 servers to far away from me for the last 3 tourneys. This caused a heavy advantage for my enemies. My side steps/ dodges went into the wrong direction, I was not able to parry like it is meant to be so I lost 8 out of nine matches and went down from platin II to gold I.

Such things take all the fun away from me because it seems if you have a server far away in one game you have it for the rest of the tourney (not sure about that).

Ubisoft please let us see the server pings (would have conceided the toruneys if my ping to server would be 40ms or higher).

Foosch
02-24-2018, 03:44 PM
Getting lost connection today too. This game is a bust.

CandleInTheDark
02-24-2018, 05:30 PM
I played some tourney matches now with and without servers and for me the server system takes away all the fun I had before.

Before servers: Lag was caused by a player with bad connection.

With Servers: Lag is caused by games that match you to a server to far away from you = different reason, same result = not helpfull.

I was matched to 3 servers to far away from me for the last 3 tourneys. This caused a heavy advantage for my enemies. My side steps/ dodges went into the wrong direction, I was not able to parry like it is meant to be so I lost 8 out of nine matches and went down from platin II to gold I.

Such things take all the fun away from me because it seems if you have a server far away in one game you have it for the rest of the tourney (not sure about that).

Ubisoft please let us see the server pings (would have conceided the toruneys if my ping to server would be 40ms or higher).

You need to bear in mind that they don't have lag compensation in yet, once that comes that will likely iron out some of the kinks in that regard, though yeah ping is also something people have asked for.

EvoX.
02-24-2018, 06:49 PM
They are, or at least today especially. 4/5 games are disconnects.

Bring back P2P? This is definitely not what dedicated servers are.

UbiInsulin
02-24-2018, 08:40 PM
You need to bear in mind that they don't have lag compensation in yet, once that comes that will likely iron out some of the kinks in that regard, though yeah ping is also something people have asked for.

We've definitely let the team know that players would like to see ping displayed. @Toran80, was this issue mainly happening in tournaments?

Specialkha
02-24-2018, 08:56 PM
We've definitely let the team know that players would like to see ping displayed. @Toran80, was this issue mainly happening in tournaments?

You do realize we are not here to beta test your products? This game have been release as a ful fledge game, has it not?

Jiblet2017
02-25-2018, 12:40 AM
I have noticed that I have been getting disconnected from matches pretty frequently and have been playing dominion with more bots than usual.

Also, the game seems to be using a massive amount of resources (essentially double of what it did before server launch). I have a new alienware aurora r6 (which can run nearly game on max settings with no problem) and for honor is now using over half of my ram at medium settings. . .

Toran80
02-25-2018, 09:43 PM

Thank you for replying to the post, thumbs up :) Great to hear you are forwarding the ping topic to the team.

The lag issue was happening mainly in tournaments. I had this issue again today.

Before playing tourney I played regular dominion and test your metal (I think between11:00 - 14:00 CET). The game was running OK back than.

I did a break and restarted the game before playing tourney (20:30 CET). I tested a match of dominion after it and it was also laggy. I have to do more testings to figure out when exactly it happens. Maybe server load is also a topic.

Arekonator
02-25-2018, 10:07 PM
There have been increasing number of this:
ALL players getting kicked from lobby EXCEPT ONE.
Doesnt seem very server-like.

Haemmerst0rm
02-25-2018, 10:44 PM

Can you do something about NA players using VPN to EU aswell? Theyre laggy as hell and unfair to fight against....

UbiInsulin
02-25-2018, 10:53 PM
There have been increasing number of this:
ALL players getting kicked from lobby EXCEPT ONE.
Doesnt seem very server-like.

Some aspects (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7ywn5t/current_state_of_season_5_and_dedicated_servers/dujud20/) of the game are still not on dedicated servers, including consoles and non PvP modes on PC. This is only for the time being.

Also, the game seems to be using a massive amount of resources (essentially double of what it did before server launch). I have a new alienware aurora r6 (which can run nearly game on max settings with no problem) and for honor is now using over half of my ram at medium settings. . .

This may be related to the memory leak issue (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1841160-Current-List-of-S5-Community-Issues) that the team is investigating right now.

Can you do something about NA players using VPN to EU aswell? Theyre laggy as hell and unfair to fight against....

I'm not sure what's technically possible on our end, but I can definitely tell the team that this is something that's happening. Appreciate the report.

Arekonator
02-25-2018, 10:54 PM
Some aspects (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7ywn5t/current_state_of_season_5_and_dedicated_servers/dujud20/) of the game are still not on dedicated servers, including consoles and non PvP modes on PC. This is only for the time being.

Except its happening in PVP dominion.

Haemmerst0rm
02-26-2018, 12:10 AM

This may be related to the memory leak issue (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1841160-Current-List-of-S5-Community-Issues) that the team is investigating right now.

I'm not sure what's technically possible on our end, but I can definitely tell the team that this is something that's happening. Appreciate the report.

Can you pass the next to the team too?:

If the dev team isn't sure if lag compensation can fix the issue of NA players playing on EU with VPN or being in a team with 2/3 other EU people, what is the point of fighting NA players then? Most games have dedicated servers that are separated. For example Guild Wars 2. NA has his own dedicated servers and are never able to face EU players. EU has dedicated servers and are never able to face NA players. Can you please consider in separating the servers for each continent because it is frustrating to fight NA players over and over, and they know theyre lagging because they are getting easy wins... Is this fair in terms of fair gameplay?

Tyrjo
02-26-2018, 08:46 AM
I can't believe you don't see your own ping. It's a standard feature. Show packet loss as well.

Players with packet loss and bad ping are the ones that should be punished for their connection, not the opponent with a good connection.

SpaceJim12
02-26-2018, 09:53 AM
For now I could see dedicated servers bring more problems, than every add-on before.
For now you could play 2 player and 2 bot team vs. 4 player team whole game long. Now you disconnect from 50% matches. Ubi completly broken defence when you are 1v2/3/4. Now everyone, who hit you from back or side feels unblockable, so gunkers now REAL problem, especialy on assassins.
And of course that rework, that made chars stupidier than ever. We have problems with spamers? Ok, let's give Kensei more moves he can spam without any troubles. Berserkers now just spam zone. And that works, exept you are turtle from start and to the end.
Well, now I could say, everything were fine, when game realize. Every character have his own weaknesses and strong sides. No For Honor feels compleatly broken. And after year of faith I think it's time to move forward.

NinjaRonin85
02-26-2018, 11:01 AM
Yeah they f****d the game up, lots of players think season 1 was better than what we have now, you could hold your own in a gank. On ps4 getting lots of errors then kicked from game in tym2 1 guy leaves someone joins next round starts then error, game is worse than ever.