PDA

View Full Version : Please keep Test Your Metal as a permanent mode post-event

bob333e
02-24-2018, 04:26 AM
This mode is hella fun. It fosters a great learning curve and is an excellent way to refine one's parrying game. It's an amazing different spice to the PvP and we need a mode like this. It encourages actual co-op, and tactics to beat hard and tough opponents. And it's a breath of fresh air outside duels and Dominion.

Test Your Metal would probably fit under the "Battle" front, and please keep it separate from the 'Deathmatch' category because a lot of people avoid Deathmatch since Elimination and Skirmish were mixed together. So in essence, "Battle" becomes Tribute, Dominion, Deathmatch, and Test Your Metal.

Test Your Metal would automatically cycle in difficulty levels every week, and reset to first difficulty every 3 weeks. And it could also potentially implement some rewards along the way, for each difficulty level and such.

And of course, this mode retains the ledgeless variants of all the 4v4 maps.

I sincerely hope this mode won't die post-event and that enough people will convince Ubisoft to keep it.

Arekonator
02-24-2018, 04:28 AM
Seconded.

JadeBosson.
02-24-2018, 05:37 AM
I mean it's neat and all but if it was kept in game after the event I prob wouldn't touch it

EvoX.
02-24-2018, 05:49 AM
+1, but Ubi have been reluctant to make event modes permanent so far. Hoping this is the first exception.

Sauronbaine
02-24-2018, 06:33 AM
+1.

This is a wonderful game mode. Even maybe making a test your metal 4-5 would be fun.

Kayless69
02-24-2018, 10:42 AM
Well they will be introducing the new training mode at some point this season, Arena is it?

So I doubt they'll keep both, however I guess they may use the same character assets for it...

NinjaRonin85
02-24-2018, 02:00 PM
I hope they keep it, I hate the thought of playing dominion again on ps4 it's got old now, we need new modes stop adding new modes that everyone likes then taking them away, get rid of skirmish and elimination no one is playing them anyway.

Okita_Soji..
02-24-2018, 02:22 PM
Keep it! As for me dominion and tribute have gotten stale and no other new modes talked about coming in the near future, Test Your Metal has been a breath of fresh air. It has been great facing the bosses again and playing with others has never been so fun. Teaming up to take one out without the competition of getting the kill. Just get a win whatever it takes. There is real teamwork in this mode, even with randoms, we are all on the same page. I like the new difficulty this week as I finally lost matches and the sadness I felt to my teammates when I died. I type "sorry" when I get defeated feeling I let the team down. I really like this mode and hope it stays.

bob333e
02-24-2018, 08:07 PM
It's wonderful to see there's already good demand and this thread hasn't even aged 24 hours yet. I'm happy.

@NinjaRonin85 yeah Elimination and Skirmish stand at a crossroads now. Both modes are being more or less avoided. I think they should just give these two modes something special (along with more end-match rewards of course) if they want to revitalize them. I had suggested a while back to make Skirmish a Salvage-farming mode (you get Salvage end-match along with Steel and XP). Things like that.

@Okita_Soji Agreed. I also feel bad when I die too quickly, and I equally feel bad for anyone who died too quickly and is sending "sorry!" in the quickchat, thinking the others are mad at him/her. I've gotten ganked a number of times because I was last man standing but it's to be expected ^^ and I actually like that in the next rounds, most of the people pay more attention and tend to fight better because they don't want to have you getting ganked again because of them dying too quickly. I like how there's an unseen dynamic between the players silently cooperating against the bosses. I just love this mode.

@Sauronbaine I've been wanting "level 4 bots" for a while... these bosses, in a way, are level 4 bots when they're fully upgraded (last round before victory, after consecutive wins). And in Test Your Metal III they might just as well become level 5 bots. Hell yeah.

AkenoKobayashi
02-25-2018, 03:32 AM
If they don't keep it, then they need to readjust the spawn chance for level 3 bots again. There needs to be at LEAST 1 Level 3 bot. The rest MUST be level 2 bots. NO MORE LEVEL 1 BOTS. I'm rep 96, and I'm facing all level 1 bots. Most of my team mates are over Rep 20. No reason to have so many level 1s.

Hammelsneid
02-25-2018, 12:27 PM
+1

I really like that game mode, too. At first the second week seemed already way too hard. But I kept trying and after many painful defeats it got better and better.. best training ever and the need to really coop-play.

bob333e
02-25-2018, 03:21 PM
The actual hard part about week 2, is the not-so-good players attempting to defeat the bosses and quickly dying to them, leaving the higher-skilled players in a gank. And proceed to spam "revive!" in the quickchat, while also sometimes being dead at the edge of the map, requires you to commit to the revive, and rely on the revived player to not mess it up either, because it'll be a 2v3.

The higher-skilled players actually enjoy the harder 1v1s. Me, I love them. I absolutely love how battle-hardened you become after besting these superbuffed monstrosities. And you refine your parrying game like nowhere else.

Very much looking forward to week 3. And I certainly hope this thread won't be overlooked by the representatives, and acknowledge that many people want this mode to stay. I hope it stays.

Plutonium Bug
02-26-2018, 10:57 AM
The actual hard part about week 2, is the not-so-good players attempting to defeat the bosses and quickly dying to them, leaving the higher-skilled players in a gank. And proceed to spam "revive!" in the quickchat, while also sometimes being dead at the edge of the map, requires you to commit to the revive, and rely on the revived player to not mess it up either, because it'll be a 2v3.

The higher-skilled players actually enjoy the harder 1v1s. Me, I love them. I absolutely love how battle-hardened you become after besting these superbuffed monstrosities. And you refine your parrying game like nowhere else.

I love this mode can pretty much play it all day.
But like you said the people dying to quick and then getting ganked is a problem but ganking is not even my main problem.
The problem is they unlock their feats! The F*ing javelin of the valk killed me or damaged me heavily so often. The bow of the orochi's the arrow storm of Shugoki that tracks (have video proof of this) the fire bomb of the WL. And don't say you can dodge this cause it happens to often that I am fighting one and concentrating and it's just Javelin or throwing axe or bow out of nowhere from the side. It is annoying.
And the thing is they need to kill people to get these feats, so terrible players make it so much harder because they feed them and help them unlock their feats.
I played 4 matches with the same team in a row and we had one dude that had 0 kills in 4 matches he only got score because I revived him and he helped finishing the last one/two off.
The other 2 players were pretty solid so they mostly won their first 3 fights. but this dude kept dying every single match up and giving them their feats.

And I want to know how they make the match up as 90% of the games I start with Appolyon, Warlord or the bald Orochi and rotation is always the same. So how do they decide who you fight first? Aanyone know?

You_Stink99
02-26-2018, 04:44 PM
Love the game mode! Only negative experience I had, was ledging the valk in the market place, jumping down with an overhead axe smash (Raider main here) and she popped revenge, then having more health than I had after jumping down and hitting her... Like... C'mon

Other than that, love the co-op, love the difficulty

wolfman25br
02-26-2018, 05:42 PM
I would definitely like this mod to become permanent.

I do not know much about programming, but if keeping the mode isnt an option, maybe the devs, could include them (the boss bots with their moves) in the bot pool, so we could see them in action in other modes, such as domain, tribute etc. . Maybe like another tool to balance matchmaking.

Hammelsneid
02-26-2018, 11:09 PM
Any mod, pleasy confirm that idea as redirected to the devs please xD - would be a true shame if that mode is going to be a "three week wonder".
Fady, did you message this to an moderator of your trust? :-D

Regards,
Hammelsneid

bob333e
02-26-2018, 11:52 PM
Any mod, pleasy confirm that idea as redirected to the devs please xD - would be a true shame if that mode is going to be a "three week wonder".
Fady, did you message this to an moderator of your trust? :-D

Regards,
Hammelsneid

I'll probably bug both UbiJurassic and UbiInsulin about it this thursday...

bob333e
02-27-2018, 12:11 AM
And I want to know how they make the match up as 90% of the games I start with Appolyon, Warlord or the bald Orochi and rotation is always the same. So how do they decide who you fight first? Aanyone know?

I think it sort of prioritizes the last boss you fought and beat in the same group on the first round (the last Samurai boss, the last Knight boss, or the last Viking boss). So on match 1 round 1, you got Gudmundr and you defeated him, on match 2 round 1 if it's Vikings group again you'll likely get Gudmundr again, otherwise there's a smaller chance you'll get someone else. I think this is how it calculates it, so that the players who managed to defeat the bosses on the first round of the previous match, get their next first round sorted out in the rematch just as well.

I also think this only applies if you selected "Ready" and not "find other players" or quitting then re-queuing into MM. And only if the same boss group comes again in the rematch.

I'm not 100% sure though and I'd love if someone could accurately answer that, actually.

swiss_soldier_1
02-27-2018, 01:25 AM
Agreed that we need new game modes. Loved the coop part of test your metal.

Opened a thread to have dance of death back again as well.