PDA

View Full Version : Tym 2

bannex19
02-24-2018, 02:12 AM
Wow. The game physics defying bots just eclipsed all semblance of fun. If you're one of those a holes that claims this cluckery is still easy you're full of it.

At least give us 50% more health to compete with these monstrosities.

XJadeDragoonX
02-24-2018, 04:05 AM
To be fair, it's supposed to be ridiculously difficult. Not everyone is supposed to be able to beat it. It's an obstacle. But yeah it is easy once you learn the patterns of each boss. Except for a few characters like gudmundr

CandleInTheDark
02-24-2018, 04:09 AM
Easy? Not as much as week one and it isn't meant to be, but still very doable once you learn their patterns. I have good games and bad games but after a few hours you get into the groove more often than not.

bob333e
02-24-2018, 04:14 AM
While it's called in a rather vague manner (Test Your Metal), it's actually a paraphrasing of "Test Your Mettle". It means test your own limits, test how much unfair BS you can take.

Granted, it's super-annoying when a teammate or friendly AI dies too quickly and you get ganked. Otherwise, this mode is hella fun. It's my absolute favourite. Hardcore duels, and unfair conditions that you have to fight through.

You lose nothing upon losing a match, and you only win an emblem symbol (just for your emblem) if you win at least once. There's not much tradeoff in either winning or losing in Test Your Metal, and you still get a lot of good XP in this mode. Just avoid to play with friendly AI (matchmaking off), you need human allies to beat the bosses now.

It's meant to be difficult, unfair and unforgiving. And I love it. They even blocked 99% of ledges so that you don't kill them too easily with luck. And we need those ledgeless maps outside Test Your Metal as well.

Test Your Metal is also a great way to work on your parrying game. The best way to deal with these bosses, is parry punishes.

Kryltic
02-24-2018, 12:00 PM
So much salt haha I don't recommend playing it next week if this is how you're reacting this week.

Like others have said, it's not supposed to be fair, thats the whole point of it. Avoid bot allies where possible and pray your teammates aren't terrible players. If the bot starts to take you out, run for a power up.

bannex19
02-24-2018, 01:37 PM
I feel stupid, after posting this I went on a 4 game tear. It's really an awesome mode but Tozen is truly ridiculous if you're not a god at feigning.

Okita_Soji..
02-24-2018, 02:38 PM
I never had or have an issue with Tozen. I think he is the easiest of the Samurai. Maybe since I'm an Orochi main I know what he will do, besides the few new moves. I really like his half hidden face look. I have the most trouble with the Viking squad. A poisoning Valk, a homerun hitting Raider, the new Berserk, just a tank of a Warlord. Wow. But so much fun. Great way to work on parries and deflects. The nice thing is they don't spam moves over and over like humans tend to do. No GB 4x in a row to try to see if you mess up. No SB over and over. The Raider doesn't try to pick up and toss you off a ledge constantly, because here the thing there are almost no ledges! Great maps and fun opponents. They are like the superstars of the original cast. Can't wait to see what week 3 brings....

Kelson27
02-24-2018, 03:57 PM
I never had or have an issue with Tozen. I think he is the easiest of the Samurai. Maybe since I'm an Orochi main I know what he will do, besides the few new moves. I really like his half hidden face look. I have the most trouble with the Viking squad. A poisoning Valk, a homerun hitting Raider, the new Berserk, just a tank of a Warlord. Wow. But so much fun. Great way to work on parries and deflects. The nice thing is they don't spam moves over and over like humans tend to do. No GB 4x in a row to try to see if you mess up. No SB over and over. The Raider doesn't try to pick up and toss you off a ledge constantly, because here the thing there are almost no ledges! Great maps and fun opponents. They are like the superstars of the original cast. Can't wait to see what week 3 brings....

Interesting... I main orochi too but find stone the most difficult - with his revenge from turtling, auto-overshield and ultra fast unavoidable lights. Tozen usually isnít a problem unless I get caught by his non stop light/heavy bombardment. Seems to be just enough stagger from his hits that I cant block anything else incoming.

In complete contrast I find the Vikings a sigh of relief, only problem being gitgudmundr because he takes so long to kill... I end up taking on him and whichever of his happy friends rolls up too. He also gets an auto shield... nothing like watching that final heavy go straight through him only for him to get an entire bar of health for no reason, eat the heavy and then pop revenge at you when you were outnumbered in the first place!

Dry.Fish
02-24-2018, 04:16 PM
Can't wait to see what week 3 brings....
Instead of throwing salt the AI will T-bag you for losing the 9th round.

UbiJurassic
02-24-2018, 07:44 PM
I feel stupid, after posting this I went on a 4 game tear. It's really an awesome mode but Tozen is truly ridiculous if you're not a god at feigning.

The gamemode is definitely difficult, so don't worry too much about raging just a tad. Being salted by the bots for 9 rounds doesn't exactly feel uplifting. Just don't make it a habit. ;)