PDA

View Full Version : Interplanetary taxiride

K1ngthepug
02-24-2018, 12:47 AM
So letís imagine we need to travel between planets before we have our space ships.
We could do this with an interplanetary taxi or bus system.
I even thought all the taxi drivers could be a specific race. Perhaps sloth?
What do you guys think?

KIERROK
02-24-2018, 02:07 AM
Well, Michel said that you would be delivering pizzas or small day-to-day jobs, before you become a pirate. So a taxi would likely be apart of this.

Ganet2
02-24-2018, 09:56 AM
Interplanetary I'd have thought there'd be both passanger and cargo ships. Perhaps those who dabble in both since I'm guessing most spaceships don't have the same weight issue just capacity. Taxi's on planet though I think would be cool. Or ones that can take you up to a station if you're early game and haven't got a spaceship yet?

On another not I wonder if you'd have the possibility of getting an event early game where you find a wrecked fighter ship and can take it to a workshop to be repaired over time.

atubaboun
02-24-2018, 11:52 AM
cargo and ferry ships seem to be more probable ways of traveling from a planet to another. But maybe they'll be faster, coltier, smaller ships that would take you to any place in the system for a price.
Like buses and taxis, one just take you along on a specific route, the other takes you where you ask to be taken.

K1ngthepug
02-24-2018, 12:09 PM
cargo and ferry ships seem to be more probable ways of traveling from a planet to another. But maybe they'll be faster, coltier, smaller ships that would take you to any place in the system for a price.
Like buses and taxis, one just take you along on a specific route, the other takes you where you ask to be taken.

Yea man. Thatís exactly what I was trying to get at. The ďbussesĒ that go along specific routes also have specific times (fitting with the planetary rotation and how there will be a true passage of time)

You guys all have great ideas too.

Ready to be shot into space!!!!!