PDA

View Full Version : What the Aramusha should have been (kinda).

bob333e
02-23-2018, 08:39 PM
Found something, had to share.

He doesn't need two swords; but he needs to be moving like this. Be actually "flow-y". And no rice hats. Would have been better off with having a Samurai top-knot, imo. And, should have been named "Ronin".

What do you guys think? and oh yeah the ending sequence is Aramusha vs Kensei in a way.

Also new neat execution at 2:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPXzIDARHBw

As for the head/hair: (and could be also undone/unkempt depending on looted head gear, like Highlander's beard and hair changes)

https://i.imgur.com/SBOA5yZ.jpg

RenegadeTX2000
02-23-2018, 09:09 PM
https://pm1.narvii.com/6261/9c0374cc52929ba8231a93de4b6b66b236c9ee71_hq.jpg

I like my hat though.

bob333e
02-23-2018, 09:19 PM
https://pm1.narvii.com/6261/9c0374cc52929ba8231a93de4b6b66b236c9ee71_hq.jpg

I like my hat though.

execute ric3w33b.exe

Nah seriously tho, rice hats for me kind of devaluate from his "seriousness", gives him a better cloak among the populace alright but for himself, is less of a taunting/intimidating factor. And since For Honor isn't open-world when you blend with townsfolk, oh well...

I still like the iron hats at legendary tier anyway

EvoX.
02-23-2018, 10:28 PM
Hats don't take away from his seriousness at all, imo. He looks like death when on the battle field, since he's tall, has a very straight posture when idle and you can't see his face. Makes him look super dangerous.

bob333e
02-23-2018, 10:34 PM
Hats don't take away from his seriousness at all, imo. He looks like death when on the battle field, since he's tall, has a very straight posture when idle and you can't see his face. Makes him look super dangerous.

Fair point on the hidden face and his snirky smile, but come on, a half-torn, basic-looking rice hat... if this was Nioh or Tenchu, hell yeah, but the setting in For Honor just fails to integrate a... rice hat.

EvoX.
02-23-2018, 10:41 PM
Fair point on the hidden face and his snirky smile, but come on, a half-torn, basic-looking rice hat... if this was Nioh or Tenchu, hell yeah, but the setting in For Honor just fails to integrate a... rice hat.

Yes, the most basic rice hats are kinda... funky. But something like this:

https://image.ibb.co/g4ifxc/For_Honor_Screenshot_2018_02_23_23_37_57_71.png

... is better than the metal ones for me. Wish his beard wasn't tied to the hats.

The_B0G_
02-23-2018, 11:07 PM
Aramusha's hat and lack of armor is the main reason I haven't tried him. I would like to light spam the crap out of people though, but that isn't worth 15k steel.

Also that video does look like Aramusha cutting through the soldiers at B lol

I just got an idea from this video, how sweet would an endless wave mode be, bosses every 5 waves, gets harder per round, more enemies, more captains and bots per round, no heals besides with executions. Get your best 3 friends and have a go at it. Higher you get the more rewards.

UbiInsulin
02-24-2018, 02:20 AM
Thanks guys for the discussion on the Aramusha's aesthetic. We can let the team know you'd like some different options, particularly upstairs.

bannex19
02-24-2018, 02:28 AM
Please don't make the aramumsha Chinese or Korean. Leave crouching tiger hidden dragon dancing out of this game for the love of god!

I like the aramusha aesthetic, maybe smaller hats option? Why does he carry 4 swords lol??? It's laughably too many

bob333e
02-24-2018, 03:49 AM
Yes, the most basic rice hats are kinda... funky. But something like this:

https://image.ibb.co/g4ifxc/For_Honor_Screenshot_2018_02_23_23_37_57_71.png

... is better than the metal ones for me. Wish his beard wasn't tied to the hats.

Oh yeah, this one's good. And his iron hats at legendary tier also are nice. Anything strawhat / rice-made / half-torn isn't good at all and really just breaks his aesthetic. :(

Aramusha's hat and lack of armor is the main reason I haven't tried him. I would like to light spam the crap out of people though, but that isn't worth 15k steel.

Also that video does look like Aramusha cutting through the soldiers at B lol

Ahahh, good observation! And those archers at the start, they were the intro of the Dominion cutscene in Gauntlet.

I just got an idea from this video, how sweet would an endless wave mode be, bosses every 5 waves, gets harder per round, more enemies, more captains and bots per round, no heals besides with executions. Get your best 3 friends and have a go at it. Higher you get the more rewards.

Oh my yes. I'd love this. Something like the Viking mission when you invade the Samurai port. You meet several Orochis and maybe two Shugos before meeting the Kensei boss. I'm not sure about the captain units, they're boring as hell, let's have them all as heroes but at the same level of the enemy heroes in the Story Mode (they were relatively easy). I'd actually love this.

Thanks guys for the discussion on the Aramusha's aesthetic. We can let the team know you'd like some different options, particularly upstairs.

Thanks for hopping on here! yeah some serious hats to replace those half-torn straw hats, or even, hatless variants (though unsure about collective community opinion, a lot of people probably appreciate the straw hats so I dunno, it's just a personal preference of mine). But I believe a hatless Aramusha would be neat and fresh-looking.

Please don't make the aramumsha Chinese or Korean. Leave crouching tiger hidden dragon dancing out of this game for the love of god!

I like the aramusha aesthetic, maybe smaller hats option? Why does he carry 4 swords lol??? It's laughably too many

Lol don't worry, they're unlikely to modify his moveset. Hat size is fine, it's just the starting hat's failed aesthetic, and add that he's chewing a piece of wheat or some kind of herb (not sure if many people noticed this, but there's something sticking out of his mouth). Feels like he's in For Honor to just, you know, innocently pick rice...

And yeah he carries two sheaths on his side, not sure what those are. I'd have said Tanto swords but I could swear Tanto swords are still larger than what he's carrying.

The_B0G_
02-24-2018, 05:38 AM
Oh yeah, this one's good. And his iron hats at legendary tier also are nice. Anything strawhat / rice-made / half-torn isn't good at all and really just breaks his aesthetic. :(

Ahahh, good observation! And those archers at the start, they were the intro of the Dominion cutscene in Gauntlet.

Oh my yes. I'd love this. Something like the Viking mission when you invade the Samurai port. You meet several Orochis and maybe two Shugos before meeting the Kensei boss. I'm not sure about the captain units, they're boring as hell, let's have them all as heroes but at the same level of the enemy heroes in the Story Mode (they were relatively easy). I'd actually love this.

Thanks for hopping on here! yeah some serious hats to replace those half-torn straw hats, or even, hatless variants (though unsure about collective community opinion, a lot of people probably appreciate the straw hats so I dunno, it's just a personal preference of mine). But I believe a hatless Aramusha would be neat and fresh-looking.

Lol don't worry, they're unlikely to modify his moveset. Hat size is fine, it's just the starting hat's failed aesthetic, and add that he's chewing a piece of wheat or some kind of herb (not sure if many people noticed this, but there's something sticking out of his mouth). Feels like he's in For Honor to just, you know, innocently pick rice...

And yeah he carries two sheaths on his side, not sure what those are. I'd have said Tanto swords but I could swear Tanto swords are still larger than what he's carrying.

I just think of captains as fillers that you can slice through at ease, like minions but a little stronger, something fun to fill the gap.

Defenistration
05-29-2018, 06:22 PM
Actual samurai usually carried two swords, one short (Wakizashi) and one long (Katana). Perhaps the Aramusha just carries two sets? Yeah, doesn't make much sense.