PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Map Editor Details

UbiSkyBear
02-23-2018, 08:13 PM
To all of our dedicated Far Cry map makers,

We would like to thank you for your continued enthusiasm and support for our upcoming game Far Cry 5. At the beginning of March, we will reveal the full details of the Map Editor in Far Cry 5, which will take it to a whole new level since our last version and open up a world of new possibilities. Far Cry 5ís launch is almost upon us and we look forward to seeing you in Hope County!

- The Far Cry Community Team

Farcryisdead
02-23-2018, 08:21 PM
Awesome news :)

---- xbox club FAR CRY 5 MAP BUILDERS CLUB all are welcome ----

lucasoffs
02-23-2018, 08:27 PM
http://78.media.tumblr.com/9dcb7e7d77ddd0eb02a5e1cf423248f5/tumblr_oaw9nl9c4y1v4zif4o4_250.gif

Farcryisdead
02-23-2018, 09:01 PM
This forum will come alive next week :)

legacyzero
02-23-2018, 09:14 PM
Yaaaaaaaaas!

usmovers_02
02-23-2018, 09:14 PM
Oh damn! This is unexpected. Very late but also very welcome and appreciated. Now just please follow through. I know "beginning" of March is vague but I would seriously love some solid info in the first few days.

GuyWhoDoesJob
02-23-2018, 09:15 PM
Nice. Cant wait. Big variety of objects would be nice. Multiplayer maps on first place ofc. And advanced AI manipulation, because fc 4 map editor was great thanks to AI enemies.

Fallen-Champ
02-23-2018, 09:47 PM
Looking forward to the reveal.

sly6276
02-24-2018, 12:12 AM
Sweet thnx for letting us know can’t wait :)

Viragoxv535
02-24-2018, 12:39 AM
Get ready map makers. I'm really happy for you http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r481/2peasrefugees/Smilies/happy-dance.gif

JRavens
02-24-2018, 01:04 AM
Sweet baby Jesus. Finally. This is it boys!

http://www.konbini.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/9/files/2016/04/amiral2-480x279.jpg

Dammit Admiral... I want to believe...

usmovers_02
02-24-2018, 03:16 AM
Thanks. Fingers crossed. There's no guarantees yet. It's a safe bet that the editor itself will be absolutely amazing as it always has been. It's the way you actually use your maps after that's been abysmal for a while. They may not even mention the lobby system at all and I'm really worried about the game modes. Team Death Match is a requirement for me. It's a real shame that they cut predator mode after FCIP. I also need to know about weapon placement in maps and how the classes or lack thereof work. I would KILL to see a game mode editor that allows me to assign starting loadouts for everybody so I can play Halo 3 style TDM.

Sweet baby Jesus. Finally. This is it boys!

http://www.konbini.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/9/files/2016/04/amiral2-480x279.jpg

Dammit Admiral... I want to believe...

This is what I'm afraid of. They're finally going to show some stuff off and A) it's not going to be the things we need to see like the lobby system and B) what they do show will clearly be something stupid like battle cries that inexplicably make team work in multi-seated vehicles impossible.

legacyzero
02-24-2018, 05:21 AM
Like the posters above, I too am apprehensive but hopeful. The series of unfortunate events that has led us here has me anxious.

Hereís hoping we get something special. I have money to give Ubisoft for two copies if itís just right

Johnny2Fingerz
02-24-2018, 10:00 AM
:confused::confused::confused:You just announced an upcoming announcement? Your approach to the information on the Map Editor is f***ing Machiavellian.

https://forums.crackberry.com/attachments/blackberry-passport-f434/345391d1428102123t-end-chat-permanently-deletes-all-messages-wtf-office_space.jpg

If you don't announce the return of a functioning lobby system, map playlists, and full multiplayer integration for the Editor, you have failed the map making community. This is not hyperbole.

Farcryisdead
02-24-2018, 10:41 AM
Ive got a good feeling about this. i had my doubts about a month ago, but i think something very special is coming our way :)

akilyoung
02-24-2018, 01:22 PM
Glad the IGE info is finally being disclosed here...
Im CONFIDENT it WILL be EPIC. And all the NAYSAYERS will *SHUT IT* lol

GuyWhoDoesJob
02-24-2018, 05:49 PM
New things are great. And @jhonny2fingers made a good statment for announcement of announcement...it has to be something good then?.. But, i just dont want to see things to be removed or downgraded from last Map Editor(FC4).

Imaganos
02-24-2018, 07:39 PM
Let's hope for the best, but expect the worst. I'd love to see a return to the upgraded map editor from FC2...

akilyoung
02-25-2018, 02:54 PM
.....;)

akilyoung
02-25-2018, 02:55 PM
And WHOS johnny 2 fingers?

Steve64b
02-25-2018, 06:30 PM
Let's hope for the best, but expect the worst. I'd love to see a return to the upgraded map editor from FC2...

Aside from the maps being multiplayer-oriented, can you state any FC2 map editor features that aren't in Far Cry 4's editor already? What made FC2's Map Editor so special?

ImGonaG3tUsucka
02-25-2018, 07:07 PM
Aside from the maps being multiplayer-oriented, can you state any FC2 map editor features that aren't in Far Cry 4's editor already? What made FC2's Map Editor so special?

It sure wasn't the color palette. Joking aside.

It was the lobby system. You can set up any list of maps regardless of a rating system. Even though there is a rating in FC 2. Player would pick the lobbies they want to play in. It was a real social thing too. Editors making new maps all the time and trying them out with the players. See in FC 4 players have to lean on the rating system to find decent maps and when you look at the rating system on consoles, you would not want to make a decent map. It really turns off the editor.

PC rating system works better but players still miss a lot of creative, well made maps So it was not the editor itself. It's the features.

There are some neat aspects to FC 2`s editor. With asset that can be destroyed to release fire, explosives and water. For it's time it was pretty Advanced for a mainstream game to have an editor like this. The fire would spread and damaged trees and the terrain. The FC 2 editor was definitely an upgrade compared to the older FCs , though the game play did suffer some. Slower moment speed and clunky control in the game. Vehicles were a mess too. Slow and did not handle well. Very easily damaged. Compared to the vehicles in FCIP. But at least there was an option to use them or not.

Farcryisdead
02-25-2018, 07:07 PM

The far cry 4 map editor is much better than the far cry 2 map editor. what made fc2 stand out was multiplayer maps and custom mp lobby system.

usmovers_02
02-25-2018, 09:25 PM
The FC2 editor had breakable objects and propane tanks that would fly all over. Not present in any other fc

S0GGY.
02-26-2018, 02:35 AM
The FC2 editor had breakable objects and propane tanks that would fly all over. Not present in any other fc

The FC4 map editor actually contains both of these features.

Fallen-Champ
02-26-2018, 01:43 PM
The FC4 map editor actually contains both of these features.
The propane tanks in FC4 were very poor compared to those in FC2, They look the same wut the ones in FC4 are out of control - the FC2 ones you could create a housing and dictate where the tank would go even judging roughly where it would explode so they could be used as pretty accurate launchers.

Also the almost circular type tank would roll downwards setting fire to things and then eventually exploded where the ones in FC4 instantly blow up when shot at.
One thing also worth noting is that explosives and destructible items in FC2 such as windows and pallets etc these all respawn.

akilyoung
02-26-2018, 03:28 PM
Ive seen lots of destructible and explosive assets in the campaign videos, there no reason those would lose their physics in the IGE. All those physical attributes are programmed directly into each asset, and when they get imported into the IGE they retain those attributes.

So I wouldnt WORRY about that!

usmovers_02
02-26-2018, 03:56 PM
Well it's not quite that simple. Physics objects or any object you can alter in any way require bandwidth. Ubisoft has already shown they're going skimpy in that area with only 6v6 PvP. I've forgotten the specifics of the FC3 and 4 editors because I didn't use them beyond 1 map each but I definitely recall physics objects and interactive objects being scaled back big time.

Viragoxv535
02-26-2018, 04:16 PM
Ive seen lots of destructible and explosive assets in the campaign videos

Other than barriers, windows and silos i haven't seen any other destructible item. Have i missed something ?

jsweaty009
02-26-2018, 07:17 PM
I haven't been this excited for a Far Cry map editor since playing Far Cry. Ever since they announced the upcoming dlc and I noticed Heart of Darkness, I went ahead and purchased gold edition. All of my previous made maps on older FC games believe it or not was Vietnam mission based. If they incorporate items from the upcoming dlc, this will be the best map editor ever, imo.

blevinsac
02-27-2018, 04:06 AM
Its the main reason I buy your games! Looking forward to what secrets you guys have been hiding for the map editor. I would be surprised if battle royale modes are going to be a thing. High doubt it though. O man I cant wait to here whats in store!

Jaavaa
02-27-2018, 11:28 AM
I hope some surprises. But I may be quite optimistic.

emrdesign
02-27-2018, 01:25 PM
Great news!! Look forward to hear and see what you have in store for us. :)

Farcryisdead
02-27-2018, 01:50 PM
The hype is building :) cant wait.

legacyzero
02-27-2018, 06:13 PM
Iíve been saying it guys. Itís different this time. Remain cautiously optimistic, sure. You absolutely should. But Iíve felt pretty good about Ubisoftís behaviors in the last few years (Since Primal). Iíve seen and been part of some activities with Ubisoft since then that have shown promise, at least contrasted with their prior way a doing things.

Remember, nobody pissed and moaned louder on this board than me, when Far Cry 4 launched. It was the culmination of all of my frustrations and disappointments in Ubi, not just with Far Cry even.

Ubisoft has been probing the community for feedback and suggestions well before any of us knew Far Cry 5 existed, and I think weíre seeing the fruits of that. At least I hope.

Itís also my hope that Ubisoft has been able to look at the great success of RB6 Siege and can apply the same level of attention to our Editor, community, and Multiplayer.

GuyWhoDoesJob
02-27-2018, 08:43 PM
Where can i post map that i recently made(one and only) in far cry 4? I have youtube link and i would like to see if im gooing in right direction. I made it in 5 days and was very happy while building it. The feeling was very uniqe when i finish it.

Farcryisdead
02-27-2018, 09:12 PM
Where can i post map that i recently made(one and only) in far cry 4? I have youtube link and i would like to see if im gooing in right direction. I made it in 5 days and was very happy while building it. The feeling was very uniqe when i finish it.

Hi :) you can post pictures and video of your far cry 4 map in the far cry 4 map making section.

DrShakez
02-27-2018, 11:15 PM
Fingers crossed Ubi. I'll know if I'm pre-ordering as soon as I'm done watching the video.

ducain23
02-28-2018, 10:44 AM
Sweet baby Jesus I can't wait!!!

Farcryisdead
02-28-2018, 11:04 AM
I think we are only days away from finding out if fc5 can make this community great again :) ive got a good feeling about it.

usmovers_02
02-28-2018, 05:46 PM
Well tomorrow is officially "early March". Hoping for info before the 10th or so.

WID992007
03-01-2018, 01:33 AM
Wait and see game like usual. They need public hosting and playlists. It still a deal breaker if its private with a playlist. Playlists is awesome. But private means if room dies out your busy spamming friends or recent played players to join in. UBISOFT needs both back in the fold for me to buy day 1. Other wise i'm looking elsewhere yet again. Game isn't worth $90 on release day if they drop the ball again. Then catch the game on sale 75% off in a year like usual. But then again in a year Red Dead Redemption 2 and Bad Company 3 will be out. Then all the UBISOFT games will be dead in the water.

then skip the game no one cares .. me i already bought the gold version ..and yep it should have released today ..but they held it back for a month to polish it .. i can wait 30 days

why do people always complain on the forums but never go work for ubisoft ? you got idea's and passion on making games ? do it go get schooled ..get a job in the game industry if your so good with making maps out of code some one else made and gave you for free

,maybe even learn how to code and make your own games ..with your own engine ..that you on you own create ..see how many team members you need to create it do visual work plus cash to develop your engine add in marketing ..dude all you do is make maps with what your given for free .. don't complain till ya see whats offered ..heck most of the new stuff may be over your head ..and doing things as far as mapping you never considered in an open world game with this new engine that your already gonna get to use for free .. too many complainers on these forums

this game took years ..yes yrs of dev time for the fine folks that worked on it .. do not pee on their dreams till ya at least play it ..and see whats coming

WID992007
03-01-2018, 01:35 AM
Wait and see game like usual. They need public hosting and playlists. It still a deal breaker if its private with a playlist. Playlists is awesome. But private means if room dies out your busy spamming friends or recent played players to join in. UBISOFT needs both back in the fold for me to buy day 1. Other wise i'm looking elsewhere yet again. Game isn't worth $90 on release day if they drop the ball again. Then catch the game on sale 75% off in a year like usual. But then again in a year Red Dead Redemption 2 and Bad Company 3 will be out. Then all the UBISOFT games will be dead in the water.

then skip the game no one cares .. me i already bought the gold version ..and yep it should have released today ..but they held it back for a month to polish it .. i can wait 30 days

why do people always complain on the forums but never go work for ubisoft ? you got idea's and passion on making games ? do it go get schooled ..get a job in the game industry if your so good with making maps out of code some one else made and gave you for free

,maybe even learn how to code and make your own games ..with your own engine ..that you on you own create ..see how many team members you need to create it do visual work plus cash to develop your engine add in marketing ..dude all you do is make maps with what your given for free .. don't complain till ya see whats offered ..heck most of the new stuff may be over your head ..and doing things as far as mapping you never considered in an open world game with this new engine that your already gonna get to use for free .. too many complainers on these forums

this game took years ..yes yrs of dev time for the fine folks that worked on it .. do not pee on their dreams till ya at least play it ..and see whats coming

oh and yes something' is coming

ask the father

zeeEVIL1
03-01-2018, 03:38 AM
Great to hear. And its only 3 weeks from release.

zeeEVIL1
03-01-2018, 03:39 AM
1000 likes to you my friend.

SABRETOOTH1971
03-01-2018, 02:40 PM
You better allow me to lock my maps ubisoft. :mad::)

unsorted-guy
03-01-2018, 10:41 PM
So excited! I truly wonder what's new in this version 0.o hopefully scripting and simple objects ^^

Steve64b
03-02-2018, 01:04 AM
Hopefully scripting and simple objects ^^

I wouldn't count on scripting just yet. It was barely used in FC4, which tells me it doesn't really have Ubi's focus. What are simple objects though, primitives like a (textureless) cube and a sphere? Something like this:
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/H9XfPc6.png

Those would be awesome, imagine if we could even texture them ourselves! Like I suggested (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1724335-Non-theme-objects-in-editor?p=12908722&viewfull=1#post12908722). :D

usmovers_02
03-02-2018, 01:07 AM
I would KILL for simple objects that you could apply basic textures to (wood, metal, rock, dirt, solid colors, ect). Any kind of triggers would be amazing too. Number one thing I've wanted since the first game though? Resizable objects.

Steve64b
03-02-2018, 01:27 AM
I would KILL for simple objects that you could apply basic textures to (wood, metal, rock, dirt, solid colors, ect). Any kind of triggers would be amazing too. Number one thing I've wanted since the first game though? Resizable objects.

I'll partly go that route with my FC4 editormod, by retexturing some objects (250x250 tile mostly). There are too many textures in the game, so it's quite a chore to walk through them... Luckily I got some help! :)
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/H9XkL9b.png
In Far Cry 4, it's a rather complex feat to pull off though, manipulating multiple values on many objects. Additionally the engine needs to keep track of all object & texture combinations, so each distinct configuration has to share their own unique identifier. For my mod I'm generating new identifiers, and hoping they'll not crash the game. I used some retextured tiles in my Wolfenstein map, and applied a "Wood" material to the walls so people can use the harpoon gun & pin enemies to the walls. I really LOVE that gun! :D

As for triggers, the only ones I managed so far in FC4 were modified active landmines and alarm boxes playing a sound or particle. I used those in the Evil Dead Boomstick (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXnCykWHy7U) map, as well as for the "treasure" in my Wolfenstein 3D (https://youtu.be/ySvzF1vRuIQ?t=263) map. The landmines are a pain to work with, because they can crash the editor whenever something gets too close. And it's a challenge figuring out the sounds to use. So all in all it's rather hacky tacky, and I'd rather be able to for example open a door with a switch, neatly in the editor! Or at least have a "yellow key" inventory item to open a "yellow door" :P

I experimented with resizing objects (some are also found in my editormod), some work better than others. Basically the engine still thinks the object is yay high, and will stop drawing it when you come too close. I don't think they'll want to sort that for FC5, but man that would be awesome to have too! Honey, I shrunk the kids! :D

Anyway, that's all undocumented ugly-yucky-modding-stuff I'm doing for Far Cry 4. I just hope some of those feats will make it into the Far Cry 5 editor, then EVERYBODY can try and get more creative! Can't wait for the editor features to get announced officially! :)

x_maxpower204
03-02-2018, 02:56 AM
https://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/icons/psn_id_small.pngSABRETOOTH1971
You better allow me to lock my maps ubisoft. https://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/mad.pnghttps://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/smile.png

No way, I'll just download yours and re-publish it with a cool new name!

Good to see you back Sabes ;)

DrShakez
03-02-2018, 06:53 AM
hopefully scripting

I honestly think it's time for this. If Halo 5's forge can manage it, then Ubi has no excuse.

SABRETOOTH1971
03-02-2018, 04:49 PM
No way, I'll just download yours and re-publish it with a cool new name!

Good to see you back Sabes ;)

Hey max. It's been a while. :)

MIGHTY393434622
03-02-2018, 09:02 PM
I hope the DLC and Map Editor be handled similarly like trials Fusion but even better like Far cry 2. If they don't include it in the vanilla version I guess we could band together and ask them to add it via update. I just don't want a repeat of far cry 4's editor. For once I have faith in a game which is Ironic due to 5's religious symbolism:D

I would just love to add in blood dragon themed Npc,objects,structures someday and have those multiplayer maps and like Manhattan and Venice including those experiences with players. I remember 3 had that small free incentive along side blood dragons release but other than a small Gray buildings. It would've been so much more.
It seems halo and farcy miss bits the other game needs. Farcry needs more objects with path finding and better terrain variation alongside coop editing with options to add colour and details with effects and Forge misses Ai or bots to create custom firefight maps with you ability to use forge without Xbox gold subscription. I haven't played Halo 5 since 2016 so forgive me if my info is off.

Fingers crossed destructible objects will make a come back. I guess the trailers do hint at this.

Lastly we all want malaria. Just kidding!

Is anyone else relying on the map editor announcement to purchase the game via preorder?

Thank you for reading this babble btw
just on the fence about getting this one.

dreamaurua
03-03-2018, 02:10 AM
Is it early march yet?

I may actually for the first time, purchase a game day of release :)

Im a source engine mapper, and im still grinding bruch based editing. So this whole plop a model thing is new to me.
I have been waiting for like, 10 years to find a new mapping community. I didn't even know farcry had an editor until a few months ago... DOH

But i got a chance to try the farcry 4 editor, and the landscape editing is super fun!
got my fingers crossed, because I pretty much only play games with editors!

hope to see more of you all! :)

akilyoung
03-03-2018, 02:37 PM
As Steve64b said, basic shapes that we can texture, like his FC4 mod, would be a GREAT addition. Something we have asked for for YEARS. :)

MIGHTY393434622
03-04-2018, 12:13 AM
I used to be apart of unreal tournament 2004 map community. Then a small indie game called gunscape sadly the devs stop talking about similar dlc farcry is doing and focused on ports. Know I'm here I guess ubisoft has a good track record of keeping games updated alongside the community.

We can open doors on fc5 and melee weapons so planning on doing hotline miami style levels.
If we can make terrain float or objects my guess is the mass majority of maps will be bioshock at first.

So what's everyone else looking for terms of new features?

usmovers_02
03-04-2018, 01:15 AM
Why do you think most maps will be Bioshock style (Yes, it's absolutely possible to create floating land masses)? I actually don't think I've seen a single map that reminded me of Bioshock.

Steve64b
03-04-2018, 01:33 AM
We can open doors on fc5 and melee weapons so planning on doing hotline miami style levels.

The Interactive Doors were part of FC4 too, but never got added to the editor (unless you count PC mods). Are openable doors confirmed for the Far Cry 5 editor?

akilyoung
03-04-2018, 04:01 PM
Soon.

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
03-04-2018, 08:09 PM
Days are flying by. Has to be early this week, otherwise this post was too little too late. Real shame they underestimate the map editor. They'd make so much more sales if they advertised it rather then JUST campaign- cause lets be honest, no one really cares that much about the story.

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
03-04-2018, 08:13 PM
And let me clarify- not bashing what will probably be a great campaign- but once you've played it you've played it. Reputability doesn't come from a campaign, it comes from multiplayer, and the map editor essentially offers UNLIMITED community content. It's a shame they've mishandled the marketing of the map editor once again, as it hurts both the community, and potential sales they'd make if a larger number of people knew about the editor. Look at Halo 5's forge. There were actual news articles surrounding some of the content coming from Forge when it released. Stop underestimating map editors!

John_Zonbi
03-04-2018, 11:21 PM
I just hope the editor will be stable since Far Cry 3's was awful. At least on PC anyways. Far Cry 4 map editor was better but still crashed if you edited the terrain too quickly let alone when you have stuff in the map you're making like trees, npcs, etc.

usmovers_02
03-05-2018, 03:45 AM
The leaks beat you too it Ubisoft. Not surprising considering there are only just over three weeks to go and you haven't given us a lick of info on PvP or the ME.

bent_toe
03-05-2018, 08:24 AM
Sooo...its beginning of march..should i go to reddit or some other none-official ubisoft site to look for info?

The map editor must be for PVP and for anyone. Not just private lobbies.

Viragoxv535
03-05-2018, 08:42 AM
Expect youtube videos later today.

Henriksmy81
03-05-2018, 10:59 AM
How powerful and what options do you think one can do with this mapmaker?
Let's say I just wanna do a "backpacking" map.
Gorgeous landscape,some npc vendor where me and possible friends can sell fur,fish etc too with some housings and vehicles.
Would I be able too do that or it's just MP full action and you have to place out hotile npc etc or just player only maps?

Farcryisdead
03-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Gorgeous landscape,some npc vendor where me and possible friends can sell fur,fish etc too with some housings and vehicles.
Would I be able too do that or it's just MP full action and you have to place out hotile npc etc or just player only maps?

If we get all these options (leaked on reddit) you can build almost anything you want within reason:) which platform are you on xbox,ps4 or pc? if you are on xbox checkout my club FAR CRY 5 MAP BUILDERS CLUB.

Steve64b
03-05-2018, 01:24 PM
Would I be able too do that?

If Far Cry 4 is any gauge, you would be able to do that except for the vendor (putting in a vendor was only possible through mods). Basically having a vendor would require players to earn some money/sellable assets first before they could buy something. It would be too much of a hassle in a custom map, but with mods you could.

I wonder if Far Cry 5 changes this. But in any case you'll be able to make a gorgeous landscape with some wildlife and vehicles in it and just chill. And then to end the map, seek out 1 enemy AI you placed in there to satisfy the map ending conditions. :)

usmovers_02
03-05-2018, 03:55 PM
If the new info really is supposed to drop today I'll be anything it drops just minutes before I have to leave for work :(

Farcryisdead
03-05-2018, 04:02 PM
Go to far cry 5 arcade mode post in this forum LEAK.

usmovers_02
03-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Yeah, there's no way they're giving us that info till launch.

usmovers_02
03-05-2018, 05:23 PM
More than likely Ubisoft just didn't give them anything to show or else at least one youtuber would have dropped a video.

Negrumir
03-06-2018, 03:52 AM
More than likely Ubisoft just didn't give them anything to show or else at least one youtuber would have dropped a video.
So they did learn*something* from last time...

akilyoung
03-06-2018, 03:25 PM
Hey Neg! Dang, been a few years huh?

DEATHWEAPONxx
03-06-2018, 04:53 PM
Hey guys came across a tidbit of info on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VAHWHatlak

ooRAZOR2018oo
03-06-2018, 05:17 PM
Hey guys came across a tidbit of info on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VAHWHatlak

Thnx James!

I know u love to edit so can you help a brother out and clip the highlights frame by frame? I know you want to.

Holy ****, object from watchdogs and AC. that is interesting.

DEATHWEAPONxx
03-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Strange my post is not showing up now I hope I didnít upset Ubisoft?

GuyWhoDoesJob
03-07-2018, 02:04 AM
How many assets was FC4 have had? Because i sow that FC5 will have 9.000.

Were_Zombie2014
03-07-2018, 05:53 PM
This Arcade mode looks awesome, just curious I play one Xbox, will there be a PC software that will allow us to create maps/modes on our PC's and have them transfer to console?

Imaganos
03-10-2018, 01:40 AM
big jump, the call of duty maps like crash, saving private ryan to name a few...

Imaganos
03-10-2018, 01:41 AM
the star wars maps too.

SPYmaps
03-30-2018, 02:59 PM
For the last 3 days i have been playing around with the editor and it is GREAT FUN!

Have years of experience with game editors, although i never worked with the FC ones.
But that has changed, already i know for sure that i will be very busy daily with mapping
with this awesome game and editor!

THANKS UBISOFT!

Leon

sniperkiller09
03-30-2018, 03:40 PM
Golden eye 007 Cradle level https://far-cry-arcade.ubi.com/en-us/ps4/map/5abe39542a1feb3364aff14e

gamez_RmO
04-01-2018, 09:37 AM
This will be my first message on this forum and I thought it would be appropiate to first say this: thank you for making this fantastic Map editor !

In all honesty, I have not played the main game for more then an hour since the map editor has gotten me completely hooked. The streamlined UI works great and the ammount of
Assets is greatly diverse. There are some much desired improvements wanted but I also understand that simple things usually aren't that "simple" to implement.
Many thanks again and best of luck with the game.

StaggeringWind
04-10-2018, 04:07 AM
This is an excellent Map Editor, which unfortunately wont allow us to publish our maps.

Firebane73
04-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Still unable to publish any maps

SPYmaps
04-12-2018, 01:21 PM
The Redhorn 80000 error seems to take place when there are models placed at the edge of the grid (map)
or when there are mountains made out of the floor of the map that touches the edges of the map.
Quit a few mappers did take these things down and were then able to upload there levels.
So, maybe that will fix issues. I map of PC and have never had this issue though.

My biggest concern about the editor is the missing of coding. We are not able to trigger any event, and
not even able to make a save point/trigger. Which is a big issue with large sp maps because now the player
has to start from scratch each time he gets killed.

Other then that, LOVE FC5, and its editor!
Have so much fun with both, much thanks for that.
(but please, please considder adding some more futures to the editor, would be o so much apriciated!)

Leon

FlyingSpiritus
04-12-2018, 02:31 PM
My biggest concern about the editor is the missing of coding. We are not able to trigger any event, and
not even able to make a save point/trigger. Which is a big issue with large sp maps because now the player
has to start from scratch each time he gets killed.

Other then that, LOVE FC5, and its editor!
Have so much fun with both, much thanks for that.
(but please, please considder adding some more futures to the editor, would be o so much apriciated!)

Leon

I pretty much agree with your above statements. :)

VnR-Popey
04-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately too complicated, the selection of cards bridles the diversity offer.
All too often we are reduced to playing on Ubisoft maps, only it is very rare to play on random maps

here is my proposition

1 - At the end of a match add the possibility to put in favorites
http://www.image-heberg.fr/files/1523557580804144387.jpg

2 - Then divide the type of map selection into several times
http://www.image-heberg.fr/files/1523557713859420207.jpg

3 - Finally after having selected the type of catalog wanted, add the name of this one
http://www.image-heberg.fr/files/1523557905811710296.jpg

I really think that it could bring more to create diversity because currently the arcade multiplayer is very monotonous. Concerning the Hero part it is poorly indicated and for me incomplete.

Thank you for your attention, cordially

DawnyDeer
04-14-2018, 02:57 AM
THIS SHOULD BE TOP PRIORITY.... I'm really mad about this. I spend days working on a map... making sure it's detailed and ready to be published... and you guys ducked me in the ducking butt....

EDGE_EL1TE
04-14-2018, 04:06 PM
I'm eagerly waiting to hear some news about the future of the editor, but I'd also like to share a community list that I've put together that targets changes, ideas and feature requests (not elaborate or ridiculous) that I think could be beneficial to the future of the Far Cry Arcade/Editor.

You can see the post in the link below:

Link to the Community Ideas and Wishlist... (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1868336-Far-Cry-Editor-Arcade-Feature-Wishlist?p=13439941#post13439941)

I'd love to hear any feedback or additions that anyone has, please let me know!

GuyWhoDoesJob
04-15-2018, 10:44 PM
THIS SHOULD BE TOP PRIORITY.... I'm really mad about this. I spend days working on a map... making sure it's detailed and ready to be published... and you guys ducked me in the ducking butt....

Im so close to the point where i dont have interests in this game anymore.

Dejmien25
04-16-2018, 05:57 PM
Please give us more space to make bigger maps in the editor 🙂 ..I try to create maps but not enough space 😞

NowMad187
04-17-2018, 12:58 AM
Spent hours making a map i can't upload.. Please fix it... thank you.. ERROR REDHORN-80000B