PDA

View Full Version : Kensei is Complete and Utter Garbage

Recklessroyal29
02-23-2018, 06:29 PM
The Kensei is a headache and irritating to fight and people are abusing that fact.

He is entirely too fast, he's about as fast as an Orochi and he's supposed to be a VANGUARD, not an ASSASSIN. Why does he automatically get a hit after landing the first one? How is that remotely fair? And then on top of that you gave him "soft feints" feints that are automatically built into his style, why? He was already broken with that annoying side step that people love to spam and that can't be stopped no matter what you do. Then his zone attack is entirely too fast, he's a VANGUARD, NOT AN ASSASSIN. Then on top of all of that he has hyper armor, again, why? He's not a heavy, none of the other Vanguards have hyper armor like he does. Then he has ability to feint multiple unblockables heavies, and an unblockable bash, for what????

You all need to take deep consideration about how you balance/re-vamp your characters, because you don't. You make them broken, and thus making the game ****ty to play because everyone decides they would rather play like *****es and spam all the broken aspects of the character, than having a decent and enjoyable fight.

x_Senduko_x
02-23-2018, 06:31 PM
multiple unblockable heavys ? i wish i would play on ur version of for honor

Dane520123
02-23-2018, 06:39 PM
multiple unblockable heavys ? i wish i would play on ur version of for honor
Lol I was thinking the same thing.

Recklessroyal29
02-23-2018, 06:41 PM
Meant the ability to feint them, repeatedly. With seemingly no cost to your stamina.

Doesn't distract from the fact the rest of the stuff is true.

x_Senduko_x
02-23-2018, 06:46 PM
if u wanna blame something with hard to react feints go to the zerker forum

GoodOldSalty
02-23-2018, 07:46 PM
Kensei doesn't automatically get a hit after landing the first and you need to git gud.

AkenoKobayashi
02-23-2018, 10:13 PM
lol This guy has jokes. Second hit after chain starter can be blocked. Unblockable is only on top heavy, but it's very slow. Pommel strike is the only new unblockable that does no damage, but is used for opening up turtles. Maybe try not standing still? Feinting was always part of Kensei's play style before the change, but now there are more options than before. A lot of Kensei mains, except myself, used feints. Swift strike wasn't broken. Learn to block or parry. Only change to Swift Strike is now it is a heavy instead of light. His zone was never used before because it was garbage. Side heavy finishers always had hyperarmor.

This change is only one of a few that have been made. I like it. When they change PK and Valk, it's going to be a ****ing nightmare. Save your crying for then.

EvoX.
02-23-2018, 10:25 PM
When they change PK and Valk, it's going to be a ****ing nightmare. Save your crying for then.

Not necessarily, I very much doubt PK will be buffed, just given new stuff we'll get used to.

And Valk is so weak right now that I don't see how she could be worse than the current 3 reworks.

CandleInTheDark
02-24-2018, 05:35 PM
This thread amuses me, this is the same kind of vitriol peacekeeper got in season 1.Most of the stuff being complained about kensei has had for the last year.

Not necessarily, I very much doubt PK will be buffed, just given new stuff we'll get used to.

And Valk is so weak right now that I don't see how she could be worse than the current 3 reworks.

Yeah while I don't call any my main now,I have said from the beginning the peacekeeper needs something other than light spam and that is the only thing that didn't get seriously nerfed (the chain interrupt recovery did not a lot), if you're not spamming lights,most of your damage is coming from dodge heavy whiff punishes, anything that takes away from light spam, yeah people are going to have to relearn it but it will improve things all around.