PDA

View Full Version : Next issue after parry fix

Specialkha
02-23-2018, 01:33 PM
Now that parry has been mostly "fixed", the other issues are starting to appear. Because no one was using them because parry was too easy and rewarding. Iam speaking about dodge attack, most characters can't handle them, they can be spam, as soon as you start to do something, your opponent can just do one, and it will it you. The most problematic are the one from Shaman (what a surprise from an op character!) and Kensei.

What do you think?

Charmzzz
02-23-2018, 01:41 PM
Now that parry has been mostly "fixed", the other issues are starting to appear. Because no one was using them because parry was too easy and rewarding. Iam speaking about dodge attack, most characters can't handle them, they can be spam, as soon as you start to do something, your opponent can just do one, and it will it you. The most problematic are the one from Shaman (what a surprise from an op character!) and Kensei.

What do you think?

I think you could feint a heavy and parry the dodge-attack from your opponent.

Specialkha
02-23-2018, 01:44 PM
You can, but at a certain level of skill, your opponent won't be feinted by the feint :p You have to commit too early to feint.

Charmzzz
02-23-2018, 01:51 PM
You can, but at a certain level of skill, your opponent won't be feinted by the feint :p You have to commit too early to feint.

Ok, then use wide arc light attacks (left or right). The dodge invulnerability time is pretty small, just a few frames, mostly you catch people dodging with your side light or Zone.

Really, are you getting beaten by players using only dodge-attacks? I wreck those people...

Specialkha
02-23-2018, 02:28 PM
I do not get wrecked, I just find it annoying because it is far too easy to perform for the result it gives.

Charmzzz
02-23-2018, 02:47 PM
I do not get wrecked, I just find it annoying because it is far too easy to perform for the result it gives.

1. It can be baited for an easy parry. I do this regularly on my Warden with a feinted Shoulderbash attempt.
2. Dodge-Attacks only deal little damage with PK and Shinobi having the highest (30), most heroes have 20 or 25.
3, Dodge-Attacks can be GBed on startup. That's the counterplay. Hard or Soft-Feint heavy into GB versus those players, they will fall for it.