PDA

View Full Version : About that Shaman guide..

Knight_Raime
02-23-2018, 11:42 AM
So for those of you who don't know I was kind of sort of suggested to make a Shaman guide pre season 5 since I was so adamant about how easy she was to counter and all that fun stuff. Well I had finally decided I was going to sit down and attempt to make the guide. But in order to do that I needed to go get familiar with her again. I held off on doing so since the game was going to change drastically with season 5 and I was glad I held off...

Because it's so damned rough to play her now. Since parries in general are a let punishing now people are attacking more and making bigger risks. This is good! This is what I wanted. However it makes things really bad for Shaman. Since all of shamans mix ups require a setup animation i'm just being attacked out of my mix ups. Granted this was possible pre season 5 but people were a lot less bold. as if their timing was off and I could respond they'ed eat a bite. Her unblockable heavy mix up is too slow and is eaten by dodge attacks wether I try to let it rip or soft feint it into GB. All I can do is cancel immediately and hope I can block the incoming attack.

My best matches where I actually managed to get anywhere with her involved repeated feints in a row and then either a soft feint or a random thrown attack. And since the parry nerfs happened she doesn't get an easy bite. So even if I do manage to parry I don't get much from it. (i'm aware her OOS punishes are still beefy. but that's nothing to rely on.)
Basically what i'm getting at is i'm not sure I can make the guide anymore.

I already didn't much care for playing her. But now she just feels frustrating to play. And please don't take this as a "pls buff me post" I think she's fine where she's at. I just don't enjoy how things are for her. Or playing as her. i'm going to attempt to power through the muck over the next couple of days to see if I can get something out of this mess and still do the guide. But as of right now I wouldn't expect it. I'd much rather play someone I enjoy playing and make a guide for them. My time as is is pretty limited these days along with some personal life struggles making things in general just bleh.

Sorry if it feels like I let anyone down. /:

SammyCannon
02-24-2018, 08:43 PM
I want to know who is actualy responsible for the craetion of this character?
FU!

Alustar.
02-24-2018, 09:53 PM
Honestly I'm not surprised, I've noticed the exact same things you have. I agree, the parry changes, especially on in 4s have drastically changed combat.

I think there are rough posts that highlight this type that anyone needing hero should just search it. Or ask for help, but I don't see anyone doing either.

Knight_Raime
02-25-2018, 11:09 AM
Honestly I'm not surprised, I've noticed the exact same things you have. I agree, the parry changes, especially on in 4s have drastically changed combat.

I think there are rough posts that highlight this type that anyone needing hero should just search it. Or ask for help, but I don't see anyone doing either.

Yeah i'm not doing the guide. She's just too frustrating to play against overly aggressive people. Only time I win games with her now is if people actually stop and try to react to something i'm mixing up. She's deff not bad. She's just too difficult for me to play with now. And I didn't even enjoy playing as her to begin with. sigh.

I still want to do a hero guide though. Stuck between, kensei, berzerker, maaaaaybe highlander, and aramusha.