PDA

View Full Version : Is it still worthy to play/return to For Honor

Yukitane
02-23-2018, 10:57 AM
Hi,I've played the beta after it's release,a couple of months after that and then I've stopped play the game,
due to the classes imbalances and the connection errors.
How is the situation atm?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Charmzzz
02-23-2018, 11:02 AM
On which platform do you play? On PC they recently released dedicated servers, and the 4v4 modes have become really stable due to that. There are some errors left and lag compensation will come back soon to smoothen out gameplay. I would say come back now or after lag compensation is active. Gameplay experience is much better now than it was at release. Character balance is always an issue, but I feel like no Character is that much better than any other. The DLC and reworked Characters have more options and fancy things, but you can still beat them with the "old" Characters. More reworks and major tweaks coming....

If you play on Console: wait until dedicated Servers are released if you go for 4v4 modes. If you play Duel: join in now and test it.

Yukitane
02-23-2018, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the infos,yes I'm on Pc.

guor6800
02-23-2018, 11:08 AM
Currently opinions may diversify but the truth is that progress is being made.

Dedicated servers on pc launched this week. For consoles it's a matter of weeks.

Also they reworked and tweaked a bunch of characters like kensei,conq and berseker.

Still there is a disparity between champion tier, I mean you can't even compare some dlc kits to some of the og kits like orochis or valkyries but the devs have stated more reworks/fixes are one the way.

All in all imho its a good period to jump back in and check for yourself.

WastedPunk
02-23-2018, 12:20 PM
Most of the classes are still OP.
Since you are relatively new you will constantly get placed with people that are 50-100 reps ahead of you due to the terrible matchmaking

Charmzzz
02-23-2018, 01:17 PM
Most of the classes are still OP.
Since you are relatively new you will constantly get placed with people that are 50-100 reps ahead of you due to the terrible matchmaking

They are OP for WastedPunk. Alot of people on the forums will tell otherwise...

Matchmaking got alot better, it will take around 5-10 Matches to place you in your bracket. If Matchmaking lasts too long to find a match you should restart the Matchmaking process as it will widen the search criteria.

BTTrinity
02-23-2018, 01:46 PM
The only class I feel is still OP is Shaman, and thats only in 4v4's because of how safe her moves are in a group fight.

WastedPunk
02-23-2018, 01:50 PM
LMAO sure man keep defending the game.
I am a rep 31 and I always get placed with people that are above rep 100

Charmzzz
02-23-2018, 01:56 PM
LMAO sure man keep defending the game.
I am a rep 31 and I always get placed with people that are above rep 100

Probably because Rep is not the priority in Matchmaking? Like they said?

Priorities iirc:
1. Skill-Rating
2. Ping
3. Rep
4. Gear-Score

And who the fck cares about Rep? I beat Rep 250's and I am only around Rep 80 on all Heroes combined. And sometimes I get wrecked by people having lower Rep than me. You seriously think that Rep means anything above a certain number (like 50 or something)?

M4RKSG4MES
02-23-2018, 03:45 PM
IF on console i.e Ps4 FORGET IT until new servers are available ,connection issues still there, along with glitching/freezing DONT get me started on the laughable matchmaking and NO they haven't powered down the feats for bomb wimps either , so i'd DEF wait if i was you , on PC maybe ok , long long waits still for matches other than dominion too.

M4RKSG4MES
02-23-2018, 03:59 PM
IF skill rating,ping,rep, etc way it works ALLEGEDLY then HOW is it that NEW players are being thrown amonst the lions so to speak, i KNOW for got couple friends to grt game ,have since took it back for the ludricous matchmaking , a level 20odd and 40 odd etc WOULD obviously be more experienced higher gear etc than someone playing for 1st time so you dont know what your talking about, maybe on pc its better i dont know ,plus no such thing as 250's as singular goes up to 50now maybe overall it does ,but you maybe high overall rep but only used few players so it SHOULD be based on hero your using WHY should you be penalized on one if you ranked up another .

Charmzzz
02-23-2018, 04:09 PM
IF skill rating,ping,rep, etc way it works ALLEGEDLY then HOW is it that NEW players are being thrown amonst the lions so to speak, i KNOW for got couple friends to grt game ,have since took it back for the ludricous matchmaking , a level 20odd and 40 odd etc WOULD obviously be more experienced higher gear etc than someone playing for 1st time so you dont know what your talking about, maybe on pc its better i dont know ,plus no such thing as 250's as singular goes up to 50now maybe overall it does ,but you maybe high overall rep but only used few players so it SHOULD be based on hero your using WHY should you be penalized on one if you ranked up another .

Show evidence please. I have never faced a completely new player in Duel or Dominion for ages now. I am sometimes, after 3-4 minutes of searching, placed in teams where my skill is double-arrow higher than my mates and enemies. I mostly carry these games alone, yet all the guys have similar or even higher Rep than me.

Matchmaking will ALWAYS have flaws, no Company "got it right" because you CANT get it right for everybody in every match and region and time and and and... But most of the time the skill-rating is pretty even in my matches. Sometimes I hate it because I have to face professional players like Clutchmeister, Setmyx and Playfiends. Those games are so exhausting...

M4RKSG4MES
02-23-2018, 06:25 PM
Matchmaking will ALWAYS be flawed whilst you have the backwards set up of matchmaking 1st , you SHOULD be able to choose hero FIRST then be matched accordingly , you dont get lightweight boxer jumping into ring not knowing if get middle or heavyweight ,it should be based on your hero chosen NOT your overall stats ,simple , and you'll find it harder and harder to find NEW players in game for tge matchmaking system deters them from playing ,same as no point starting using new hero, apart from the disconnect and error codes issues LOT new or newer players have left because of it,,the system deters and discourages new players to start .