PDA

View Full Version : FOR HONOR!!! uhmmm no FOR SPAM!!!!

Tecknoterrorist
02-22-2018, 08:25 PM
Spam, spam every where you dont need to learn how to play. just pick up any hero and SPAAAAAAAAM!!!!

some classes cant spam! so rework make him spam!!!
kensei dont do nothing, ok rework now kensei do ALL, assassins skills and damage with heavy passive super armor! yeeeeee

Ubisoft, you dont know how to make a good game.

SammyCannon
02-22-2018, 10:13 PM
They can start to implement good servers to avoid lagers.
Seems to have been kind of a fiasco on PC.

bob333e
02-22-2018, 10:17 PM
They can start to implement good servers to avoid lagers.
Seems to have been kind of a fiasco on PC.

Lag and latency, unfortunately, won't be solved with dedicated servers. It's the lag compensation system that will. And that, is still way off.

Dedicated servers are to negate dropping / disconnecting sessions in 4v4s and host resyncs / migrations etc. Basically, to improve 4v4 overall stability. Not deal with laggy players.

In fact, if dedicated servers are going to be extremely regional, we're going to be seeing even more laggers. Because they'll be connecting to servers that are way too far with very high pings.

Charmzzz
02-23-2018, 10:09 AM
Which fighting game does not have "spam" in it? Every fighter "spams" his moves, what else can he do? Sounds like a L2P issue, because if someone throws the same attack at me 2 or more times, I will punish him hard for that.

WastedPunk
02-23-2018, 12:27 PM
Ok explain to me how you are supposed to "punish" a 300ms pk zone.
Explain to me how you can "punish" a conqueror that either shield bashes or dodges forward baiting a dodge.
Explain to me how to "punish" a Shaman that does nothing but forward dodge attacks.
Explain to me how to "punish" an Orochi that does nothing but zone spam
And a few hundred more that I can't be arsed to point out.

Let's keep the whole "git gud" out of the equation considering the game is designed to favor cheesy tactics

Charmzzz
02-23-2018, 01:15 PM
Ok explain to me how you are supposed to "punish" a 300ms pk zone.
Explain to me how you can "punish" a conqueror that either shield bashes or dodges forward baiting a dodge.
Explain to me how to "punish" a Shaman that does nothing but forward dodge attacks.
Explain to me how to "punish" an Orochi that does nothing but zone spam
And a few hundred more that I can't be arsed to point out.

Let's keep the whole "git gud" out of the equation considering the game is designed to favor cheesy tactics

PK "300ms" Zone (supposed to be 400ms, measuring showed it is mostly around 350ms atm, wait for lag compensation...): keep your guard to your right side and react to any other direction - problem solved. Maybe you can also parry it - gives you a free heavy.
Conq SB: Uhm, just light him? Same as Warden going for dodge-SB baits... Or react properly and don't dodge prematurely.
Shaman: Do a Dodge-Attack if you are an Assassin, if you are not then Dodge it and start your counter engagement immediately.
Orochi: Seriously? Same as PK but slower by 100ms. Keep your guard right.

Sorry bro, it is a "git gud" thing. I can deal with these moves, maybe not 100%, but if someone uses them more than 2-3 times on me he will be punished for being readable.

WastedPunk
02-23-2018, 01:51 PM
"Keep your guard right" lmao I'm not even gonna bother reading the rest if that's "punishing" for you

Charmzzz
02-23-2018, 01:55 PM
"Keep your guard right" lmao I'm not even gonna bother reading the rest if that's "punishing" for you

Alright, ignore the advice like you do in every other thread and post more nonsense here. Btw keeping your guard right and parry on reaction is a very good "shutdown" to PK and Orochi. But hey, don't bother getting better.

WastedPunk
02-23-2018, 02:53 PM
Keeping your guard to the right leaves you open for attacks from the other 2 sides especially if the enemy notices that.Guarding the right side will only let you block so it's still not "punishing" anything.
With Shaman,anything other than assassin WILL NOT work because of he recovery time.She recovers while you are mid dodge if you are playing a more slower character.
Yes,"just light" a conq won't work because his shield bash comes out quicker than your light.Doing this more times will just make it easier for conq to parry.

I think you are mistaking blocking or resetting with punishing.Blocking an attack does nothing nor does resetting.
So the main point still remains,certain attacks are just UN-PUNISHABLE especially if you are playing a certain character.

Charmzzz
02-23-2018, 03:03 PM
Keeping your guard to the right leaves you open for attacks from the other 2 sides especially if the enemy notices that.Guarding the right side will only let you block so it's still not "punishing" anything.
With Shaman,anything other than assassin WILL NOT work because of he recovery time.She recovers while you are mid dodge if you are playing a more slower character.
Yes,"just light" a conq won't work because his shield bash comes out quicker than your light.Doing this more times will just make it easier for conq to parry.

I think you are mistaking blocking or resetting with punishing.Blocking an attack does nothing nor does resetting.
So the main point still remains,certain attacks are just UN-PUNISHABLE especially if you are playing a certain character.

Reacting to a 500ms light is easier than to a 400ms Zone, so my advice will help out for people who struggle against PK Zone.
The "punish" in blocking PK Zone is heavy Stamina drain, just on blocking it! If you manage to parry she is instantly OOS and will eat a heavy.

Not sure about the recovery times of Wild Cats Rage, but if she whiffs it with you dodging you can throw out a GB @400ms or a light @500ms (only 4 Characters only have access to a 600ms attack). I am absolutely sure you can do that because I play alot of Warden and have been facing plenty Shamans. Anyway, not every matchup has to be 100% balanced. If there is some rock-paper-scissor balance I am OK with it. E.g. Shaman gets wrecked by other Assassins and Aramusha.

On Conq your argument is nonsense. His Shieldbash is 500ms, if you throw out the light when he dodges towards you - your light will hit him. Btw he cannot parry while dodging to initiate his SB iirc.

I think you are mistaking that you cannot punish certain attacks, but others can. Yes, I admit that there are unfavourable matchups, but that is pretty common in every fighter game.