PDA

View Full Version : State of the Game February 22nd, 2018

Ubi-Johan
02-22-2018, 06:40 PM
Agents, incoming State of the Game transmission:

During the last State of the Game (https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-318779-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32), Community Developers Petter Mårtensson and Yannick Banchereau showcased community content (including a rogue kitten!) and briefly addressed classified gear drop rates.

This week, Petter was joined by Game Designer James Norris from Ubisoft Leamington to discuss the upcoming changes to end-game loot availability, sources of Division tech & improvements to the season pass supply drops.

If you missed the stream, you check out the VoD (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/231650138) below or if you’re on the move you can tune in to the Podcast Recap (https://soundcloud.com/thedivisiongame/state-of-the-game-90-22022018).

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/tomclancy-thedivision/game/today_249540.jpg

One of the recent hot topics within the community have been drop rates, so we decided that today’s stream would focus on providing more insight into what we’re planning for the future. We will be making a number of changes in these areas based on community feedback, including changes to the availability of both end-game gear, division tech and improvements to the Season Pass supply drop rewards.

New Classified Caches

During Global Events – Targeted classified gear set caches will be available. Each event will have 4 caches available for purchase containing the event’s corresponding sets.
Off season – A classified cache will be available for purchase, containing a guaranteed classified drop. It will be priced at 2500 phoenix credits and will not be limited to Global Events.

Classified drop rates will be increased across the board to 6% (from 3%).
Legendary missions will have a 20% chance of classified drops.
Season Pass supply drops will have a 10% chance to drop a classified gear piece and will in addition contain 100 Division tech.
Weekly assignments rewards will include 100 Division tech.
Daily assignments rewards will include 25 Division tech.
All vendor exotics will be removed from the loot pool.
All non-vendor exotics will be added to the open world boss loot pool.
Resistance bosses will reward 100 Global Event tokens each.
Keep in mind that these changes are not in the live game just yet, as they will be released in a future client patch.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/tomclancy-thedivision/game/lookingforward_249535.jpg

Stay tuned to future State of the Game streams for more news on the upcoming patch and the next Global Event. Until then, we will see you on the streets of New York!

As a reminder, we feature community content monthly in our Agent Highlights articles! If you have content you would like to share, please tweet your creations with the hashtag #AgentHighlights. A huge thanks to everyone who submits!

As always, be sure to join us over on the Official Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/498) or on the community Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/) if you’re looking for a place to discuss all things related to The Division.

Until next time!

The Division Dev Team

illformed
02-22-2018, 07:58 PM
Some amazing and much needed changes on the list.

Really looking forward to the next update!

Thank you for listening!

Cheers :)

Sharpandpointy
02-22-2018, 07:59 PM
As stated elsewhere...good news, good news.

Solkard
02-22-2018, 08:08 PM
The changes are good, as they make it easier to get the stuff that's worth using. My concern is that once you reach endgame classified gear, the worth of any other grade of gear drop instantly falls to that of credits or crafting material, yet they will continue to fill up your screen as 95% of what falls off an enemy's corpse.

Also, could they add some more blueprints that people could use their crafting materials on? There's a lot of weapons we can't craft yet, not to mention all the armor materials that are now useless because crafting armor is pointless in endgame. We have material conversion from Div Tech to materials. It would help streamline things a lot to put in blueprints to let people convert materials into Div Tech. It can be a 1:50 or 1:100 rate, it doesn't really matter. Players would just appreciate not having to individually craft 20 pieces of armor and then disassembling them to use up some crafting materials.

Also, build variety has tanked dramatically since classifieds came on the scene. Everyone in the DZ is aiming for full Striker, Predator, or Nomad. There's no more mix 'n match of different sets, exotics, or high end talents. That lack of competitive variety is kind of killing replayability, as once you get a full classified set, there's no real significant tinkering or tweaking of your build for it. Maybe consider introducing classified high end and exotic armor with 1401/205 stats so that swapping a classified piece for them doesn't objectively cripple you.

revan_starkk
02-22-2018, 08:16 PM
Legendary missions will have a 20% chance of classified drops.

Does this include Incursions? Or just the three Legendary missions?

Solkard
02-22-2018, 08:26 PM
Does this include Incursions? Or just the three Legendary missions?

After all the videos showing speedrun clears of CS heroic in 2~3 mins? I hope not.

SharpSHOTTY66
02-22-2018, 10:23 PM
Love the direction this game is going. One thing I was thinking would make the Weekly Caches even better is also getting rid of Exotic armor and just increasing the drop rates of those items on the bosses that have them. I can't tell you how many times I worked my *** off for a weekly and got my 8th set of Col Bliss Knee pads.

SharpSHOTTY66
02-22-2018, 10:24 PM
Correction... Holster

Solkard
02-23-2018, 12:19 AM
Correction... Holster

I typically hoard my exotic caches so as not to cap out on target intel, and then open several at a time.... 5 holsters in a row.

BNDT-
02-23-2018, 12:27 AM
Hi guys, just want to know whats next for the division?
Since I maxed out my gears & character theres nothing really much to do.
I hope you can take a time a hear me out...

-Me and my friends need to re run the old global events.. to get the old masks (or make a new one)
-when will it be summer in manhattan? im so sick of snow... hope you guys can have a weather update soon...

aside from that, we really need direction where you guys are going..
somthing to hold on too i guess

more power

dfcDELTA
02-23-2018, 06:53 PM
Great changes thank you!

Baija86
02-23-2018, 07:18 PM
Off season – A classified cache will be available for purchase, containing a guaranteed classified drop. It will be priced at 2500 phoenix credits and will not be limited to Global Events.

so if I'm missing Alpa gloves and since the game has 14 gear set each set is 6 pieces that would be 14 x 6 = 84 piece so it's 1 in 84 chances to get the glove for 2500 PC that's so much RNG. so i suggest to make use of underground vendor and let him have 14 classified boxes for each set and buy the one you missing for 2500 PC still 1 in 6 chances better than 1 in 84 :D not to mention the stats RNG

SpawnTarget
02-23-2018, 08:55 PM
Thank You.

B4BYR4C3R
02-24-2018, 07:23 AM
-when will it be summer in manhattan? im so sick of snow... hope you guys can have a weather update soon...

Survival isn't dead yet, why are you digging a grave for it?

BTigger38
02-24-2018, 08:25 PM
Hi ,hope you are having a good day, this is a request from me and other old players in the division that play this everyday, could you the developers put the hunters in the dark zone as well as the open world , we feel this would bring a bigger challenge to the game and would make the game more impressive as we have all the classified builds out now as well as bring in some new exotic weapons, these 2 things would make division a number 1 # most play game and it would help to make it more challenging.

God bless
Keep up the good work

skubyjeff
02-24-2018, 11:10 PM
Love the changes just hope they come soon so I can feel the need to play again.

Jbaby215
02-25-2018, 01:54 AM
Help please, lost my full predator and Nomad classified while switching characters from stash and now I have no clue how to get my sets back! Lost my Alejandro (not sure if I spelled that right) and a few other guns and thought I might have deleted it by accident until I lost my sets and now I dont know what to do, please help! (PSN Jbaby215)

Raven2682000
02-25-2018, 03:02 AM
When does this go live?

SwissyBaroo
02-25-2018, 07:37 AM
When does this go live?

Not soon enough?

BNDT-
02-27-2018, 01:15 AM
ill give it 2 months time. eventually everybody will get their gear... will reach 291. doing the same missions over and over.
veterans are going out cz theres really nothing to do man.
dnt get me wrong i really love this game... but i hope theres a quarterly event or something to grind for.
even just new vanity sets.

CHICKNBUTTWHAT
02-27-2018, 01:41 PM
All these updates and fixes, and yet we still lose ammo when fast traveling everywhere 😕

Boris-Badanov
03-01-2018, 02:33 PM
New content would be a great way to energize the entire community. How about a Central Park expansion that features roaming Hunters, 4 new classy sets, with new story missions and Legendary difficulty?

Wilywonkascha
03-06-2018, 03:07 AM
Please make a mission with 20 players with dark zone rules that have a long hard objective to complete. No respawns, one life, agents get one shot to win agents start together but can take different routes during mission. Maybe start in dz and fight up to dz 9 spawn hunters to track down agents maybe even have some JTF actually do something.

Call the mission “taking back the dark zone” with multiple endings.

darknightd
03-06-2018, 08:10 PM
So no mention of the input lag on consoles, frame rate spiking or support stations not dropping even though the animation shows you dropping it?

And what of the Darkzone? An area of the game that punishes you for going rogue but punishes you even harder if you don't? There needs to be more punitive measures for rogue agents. Its far too easy for them to come along and smash multiple agents and then run off to a manhunt area to nullify the manhunt status. At least have separate DZ's where those who want PvP can have that but those of us who prefer PvE can have that as well.

Zika--virus
03-17-2018, 08:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd7VypyUr1w&feature=youtu.be

Hack Hack Hack Hack Hack:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: