PDA

View Full Version : Conq very unbalanced.

The_B0G_
02-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Am I the only one who thinks conq is extremely OP now? I got hit with a feinted heavy into a shield bash today for 60 damage! The shield bash did 60 f****** damage... With no revenge mode.

Even when I dodge the shield bash there is almost no recovery time he hits me with a light attack before I can do anything to punish him. I thought the rework was supposed to make him take more risks, sure he can't hard feint but he can soft feint in and out of shield bashes like its going out of style, leaving no openings to punish besides parrying light attacks.

Tyrjo
02-22-2018, 05:17 PM
Yes, I can't really fathom how his shield bash has no recovery on a miss. Do you guys remember the moaning on the Warlord headbutt 6 months ago? A move that does less damage and is punishable with a guard break on a miss.

The_B0G_
02-22-2018, 05:24 PM
I first noticed his insanely high shield bash damage when fighting Stone in test your metal, I thought it was because he was a boss. Little did I know it wasn't even as high as a geared up players conq. This guy needs a rebalance ASAP.

Devils-_-legacy
02-22-2018, 05:25 PM
Reminds me of s1 at least it doesn't have knockdown on oss

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-22-2018, 05:31 PM
Is it National Joke day?

The_B0G_
02-22-2018, 05:34 PM
Reminds me of s1 at least it doesn't have knockdown on oss

I'd rather have s1 conq that what we have now. Try to parry a heavy, you get 60 damage from shield bash, dodge shield bash, get hit with a light attack right away if you don't have a dodge attack.

I never noticed since season 5 started because most conqs are garbage, but more and more are becoming aware of his new capabilities and are ridiculous.

Devils-_-legacy
02-22-2018, 05:38 PM
I only play assassin so I can normally dodge out of it before he lands the shield bash I just hate that it's still pretty boring to fight a conq they always try the spam tactic its irritating but i normally block the second light

The_B0G_
02-22-2018, 05:39 PM
Is it National Joke day?

Nice contribution, very insightful.

KotoKuraken
02-22-2018, 05:39 PM
uhhh, I don't know what you're talking about mate. I've been playing Conq nonstop with extra attack stats, and even I don't do that much damage. Shield bashes don't do that much damage, ever

The_B0G_
02-22-2018, 05:46 PM
uhhh, I don't know what you're talking about mate. I've been playing Conq nonstop with extra attack stats, and even I don't do that much damage. Shield bashes do that much damage, ever

I have no idea how he did it, but it was 60 damage without a doubt, even without that damage, without a parry he is such a safe attacker. I'm not sure how to punish without a light parry, whiff recovery is nearly instant.

David_gorda
02-22-2018, 05:51 PM
Shieldbash and shield uppercut doesnt do any damage at all. If he use the shieldbash damage feat then he does good damage with it but there are alot feats that are overpowered in this Game.

KotoKuraken
02-22-2018, 05:54 PM
I have no idea how he did it, but it was 60 damage without a doubt, even without that damage, without a parry he is such a safe attacker. I'm not sure how to punish without a light parry, whiff recovery is nearly instant.

Conq is actually weaker than he used to be. He flows better, that's for sure, but he doesn't have the tools he used to. He can't guardbreak you by blocking anymore, he has to actually deflect. His recovery on shield bash is the same as Warden's Shoulder Bash, except he can't cancel into guardbreak. You can dodge these shield bashes, and since he doesn't have hyperarmor you can do almost anything to push him out of shield bash.

If the Conq is bashy mashy, you can be more aggressive with lights and quick attacks, or dodge out of it. If the Conq is a parry god, feint and you'll be able to guardbreak them easily since they have to charge up a heavy (which they can no longer counter gb out of)

Diresins_PSN
02-22-2018, 06:07 PM
I believe everything done to the conqueror needed to be done. We just have to relearn how to fight them.

The_B0G_
02-22-2018, 06:09 PM
Conq is actually weaker than he used to be. He flows better, that's for sure, but he doesn't have the tools he used to. He can't guardbreak you by blocking anymore, his to actually deflect. His recovery on shield bash is the same as Warden's Shoulder Bash, except he can't cancel into guardbreak. You can dodge these shield bashes, and since he doesn't have hyperarmor you can do almost anything to push him out of shield bash.

If the Conq is bashy mashy, you can be more aggressive with lights and quick attacks, or dodge out of it. If the Conq is a parry god, feint and you'll be able to guardbreak them easily since they have to charge up a heavy (which they can no longer counter gb out of)

I assumed his damage was from his feat, but its a passive feat that is very strong.

He can't cancel into GB but his light after shield bash whiff is nearly instant.

KotoKuraken
02-22-2018, 06:23 PM
I assumed his damage was from his feat, but its a passive feat that is very strong.

He can't cancel into GB but his light after shield bash whiff is nearly instant.

The light is supposed to be nearly instant, you get a light after a bash, just like with Warden, Lawbro, Warlord, Nobushi, and now Kensei. The feat does add more damage, but only in 4v4s and never in that amount. You might be seeing them come from the event, where the enemies are now even more powerful than their ingame PvP equivalents

The_B0G_
02-22-2018, 06:26 PM
The light is supposed to be nearly instant, you get a light after a bash, just like with Warden, Lawbro, Warlord, Nobushi, and now Kensei. The feat does add more damage, but only in 4v4s and never in that amount. You might be seeing them come from the event, where the enemies are now even more powerful than their ingame PvP equivalents

No it was regular game, 60 damage dominion, he didn't have revenge, maybe I got a debuff right before I was hit, not sure.

I'm fine with fast light after a shield bash hit, but a fast light after a shield bash whiff is kinda bs.

Baturai
02-22-2018, 06:48 PM
MAke shieldcharge punishable. ****in anoying **** skill

Sauronbaine
02-22-2018, 09:13 PM
Uh shield bash is punishable. You dodge at the right time, you get a free guard break. Its especially so with Raider who can get a GB on a dodge. I counter the Conq all the time. o.o Just dodge backwards at the right moment, you get a GB.

The_B0G_
02-22-2018, 09:47 PM
Uh shield bash is punishable. You dodge at the right time, you get a free guard break. Its especially so with Raider who can get a GB on a dodge. I counter the Conq all the time. o.o Just dodge backwards at the right moment, you get a GB.

I've tried it numerous times, mostly on cent, always get hit with a light when I try to GB.

Heavy feint into shield bash, I dodge the bash, and get hit with a light if I try to GB or heavy.

bob333e
02-22-2018, 09:54 PM
I've been avoiding PvP lately (only playing vs AI for orders and playing Test Your Metal to enjoy some time in the game), because of Conq's exploit. I think they fixed it, not sure.

The exploit is (or was) infinite shield bash which you cannot get out of and it'll push you across the entire map till Conq is out of stamina.

The only Conqueror I've been fighting regularly is Stone, and cannot compare him to human players because the bosses don't play by our rules.

Still, I spectate Conq players when I die, and they do seem to have the shield bash rather too fast. And recovery is insane.

Coupled with the heavy softfeint thing and his insane dodge tracking / distance, yeah he's.... he's the new cancer.

The_B0G_
02-22-2018, 11:17 PM
I've been avoiding PvP lately (only playing vs AI for orders and playing Test Your Metal to enjoy some time in the game), because of Conq's exploit. I think they fixed it, not sure.

The exploit is (or was) infinite shield bash which you cannot get out of and it'll push you across the entire map till Conq is out of stamina.

The only Conqueror I've been fighting regularly is Stone, and cannot compare him to human players because the bosses don't play by our rules.

Still, I spectate Conq players when I die, and they do seem to have the shield bash rather too fast. And recovery is insane.

Coupled with the heavy softfeint thing and his insane dodge tracking / distance, yeah he's.... he's the new cancer.

Yeah usually when I run into conqs it felt pretty even since season 5 started after his rework, but the last few days I've found time and time again that I cannot figure out how to get a punish in on these guys, besides a light parry, the only time they throw heavies is in a gank or after a wall splat, any other heavy turns into a bash that is immediately followed by a light attack even when you wait them out and dodge the bash.

KotoKuraken
02-22-2018, 11:24 PM
The regular bash is easy enough to get out of, it's a matter of dodging or attacking him with a light. Same thing as dealing with Warden, except you don't have to worry about him cancelling that bash into a guardbreak, and Conq is not able to infinite bash hit bash hit anymore (he used to have a mechanic abuse with heavy, but that was removed). Because his heavy abuse was removed, it's no longer safe so Conqs can only resort to lights (now that they're actually decently fast like everyone else's).

The heavy soft feint into bash does have pretty good tracking on it, but that allows him to get the jump on people trying to dodge away from a heavy hit. If you are attacking while dodging, you should be fine most of the time. If you don't have a dodge attack, I would recommend dodging backwards, as it doesn't track over distance, it seems only to track anywhere in his immediate vicinity (otherwise assassins would walk all over him)

The_B0G_
02-22-2018, 11:30 PM
The regular bash is easy enough to get out of, it's a matter of dodging or attacking him with a light. Same thing as dealing with Warden, except you don't have to worry about him cancelling that bash into a guardbreak, and Conq is not able to infinite bash hit bash hit anymore (he used to have a mechanic abuse with heavy, but that was removed). Because his heavy abuse was removed, it's no longer safe so Conqs can only resort to lights (now that they're actually decently fast like everyone else's).

The heavy soft feint into bash does have pretty good tracking on it, but that allows him to get the jump on people trying to dodge away from a heavy hit. If you are attacking while dodging, you should be fine most of the time. If you don't have a dodge attack, I would recommend dodging backwards, as it doesn't track over distance, it seems only to track anywhere in his immediate vicinity (otherwise assassins would walk all over him)

So basically if you don't have an assassin, he's untouchable if played this way, without parrying a light attack at least. That's what I figured, I can dodge his heavy feint shield bash, that's not the issue, his whiff recovery is. I'm not sure dodging back will work with the heavier classes either, dodge distance with non-assassins isn't very far.

bob333e
02-22-2018, 11:34 PM

There seems to be something about his bash recovery in that you cannot retaliate, even on a whiff, unless you're using 500ms (or faster) attacks, or you perfectly timed a dodge and can land a GB. Otherwise pretty unpunishable. Also his feint window on the heavy into bash is rather too large.

Also I noticed a guaranteed stagger effect after landing the unblockable counter after full-blocking a hit, which allows for a further guaranteed light. Though I'm not entirely sure, I need to play more against Conqs. And his new front dash coverage is insane. He can keep too much pressure in OOS. I think he got a better version of Centurion's OOS game.

I'll try remembering to dodge backwards and see if the maneuver becomes better.

KotoKuraken
02-22-2018, 11:34 PM
So basically if you don't have an assassin, he's untouchable if played this way, without parrying a light attack at least. That's what I figured, I can dodge his heavy feint shield bash, that's not the issue, his whiff recovery is. I'm not sure dodging back will work with the heavier classes either, dodge distance with non-assassins isn't very far.

Actually, everyone can get out of it. If you dodge out of a regular bash, you can guardbreak him with the correct timing, tho a light attack will still easily stop him from doing a shield bash.
As far as the heavy soft feint into bash, that only punishes people who dodge to the side of the heavy attack. If you stay until he starts to bash, you can dodge out of that as if it were a regular bash. Or you can just dodge backwards during either the heavy or the soft feint into bash just and guardbreak/light/heavy him during his recovery window. If you're not an assassin or don't have a dodge attack or don't have a dodge bash, dodge backwards and punish him while he's recovering.

The_B0G_
02-22-2018, 11:56 PM
Actually, everyone can get out of it. If you dodge out of a regular bash, you can guardbreak him with the correct timing, tho a light attack will still easily stop him from doing a shield bash.
As far as the heavy soft feint into bash, that only punishes people who dodge to the side of the heavy attack. If you stay until he starts to bash, you can dodge out of that as if it were a regular bash. Or you can just dodge backwards during either the heavy or the soft feint into bash just and guardbreak/light/heavy him during his recovery window. If you're not an assassin or don't have a dodge attack or don't have a dodge bash, dodge backwards and punish him while he's recovering.

I'm not talking about regular bash, I never see conqs use that besides in gank situations, because it is easy to punish.

The feint bash is the issue, and like I've said in 3 or 4 replies already, I can dodge the feint bash and not get hit, but his recovery is so fast you can't get a GB on a whiff, I've never tried all characters yet but my lights are too slow as well, I get hit with his light before I can do anything to punish.

I don't see what dodging back instead of to the side will accomplish, he already whiffed regardless of where I dodge, his whiff recovery is the issue. He has no accountability for missing on this move, and the payoff is very good if he has his shield bash perk, which most do.

rastassin
02-23-2018, 03:19 AM
Conqs heavy feint into shiled uppercut is pretty slow and designed to punish your stamina not damage. Even with the feat it does only little damage but no way it does 60. Maybe you were hit by an arrow in the same time or something.

KotoKuraken
02-23-2018, 06:01 AM
I'm not talking about regular bash, I never see conqs use that besides in gank situations, because it is easy to punish.

The feint bash is the issue, and like I've said in 3 or 4 replies already, I can dodge the feint bash and not get hit, but his recovery is so fast you can't get a GB on a whiff, I've never tried all characters yet but my lights are too slow as well, I get hit with his light before I can do anything to punish.

I don't see what dodging back instead of to the side will accomplish, he already whiffed regardless of where I dodge, his whiff recovery is the issue. He has no accountability for missing on this move, and the payoff is very good if he has his shield bash perk, which most do.

If you're complaining about getting bashed because you attempted to parry his heavy, that's no different than someone guardbreaking you while you attempt to parry an attack. That is your punishment for you trying to parry them, which is actually more gracious than what Kensei has in stock for you. Whiffing is a little different, but if he's whiffing then a light attack will interrupt the next bash.

Otherwise, if you didn't go for a parry, dodging back instead of to the side will put you outside of the softfeint bash range. That soft feint bash is meant to catch people who are dodging in circles around Conq as he attempts to use a heavy, though it won't catch you if you create distance. For reference, it's the same amount as if you were dodging backwards when Warden shoulder bashes forward to you and lands right into your guardbreak.

Cliff_001
02-23-2018, 06:47 AM
Conq=old cent. Good luck trying to fight 2 or more at once. Seems like I can't find a dominion without at least 2 or 3 of them in a match.

KotoKuraken
02-23-2018, 07:15 AM
Well, except Conq can't guarantee any heavies (which are extremely slow), his shield bash is easily dodged, and he doesn't have any of his old mechanics to guardbreak you while attempting anything else.

So yea, I guess he is like Cent, after Cent was nerfed to the point of guaranteeing nothing

The_B0G_
02-23-2018, 10:59 AM
If you're complaining about getting bashed because you attempted to parry his heavy, that's no different than someone guardbreaking you while you attempt to parry an attack. That is your punishment for you trying to parry them, which is actually more gracious than what Kensei has in stock for you. Whiffing is a little different, but if he's whiffing then a light attack will interrupt the next bash.

Otherwise, if you didn't go for a parry, dodging back instead of to the side will put you outside of the softfeint bash range. That soft feint bash is meant to catch people who are dodging in circles around Conq as he attempts to use a heavy, though it won't catch you if you create distance. For reference, it's the same amount as if you were dodging backwards when Warden shoulder bashes forward to you and lands right into your guardbreak.

Are you trolling me? I've said 4 times now that I've dodged the shield bash that comes after he feints his heavy, I've successfully side dodged the shield bash after he soft feint his heavy to go into the shield bash. I'm not sure how much more clear I can be here.

My issue is, even when I wait it out, because I know the heavy he is throwing out is going to be soft feinted into the shield bash, I side dodge the shield bash without getting hit, there is basically no recovery time for this whiff, and he hits me with a light attack nearly instantly and before I can GB or attack him.

The_B0G_
02-23-2018, 11:05 AM
Conqs heavy feint into shiled uppercut is pretty slow and designed to punish your stamina not damage. Even with the feat it does only little damage but no way it does 60. Maybe you were hit by an arrow in the same time or something.

Umm, its more of a shield bash than unppercut, I seen it say 60 damage on my screen after I died and it was from the conq, right where it says all your last few hits and what they were, I must have gotten debuffed or something before I got hit and didn't notice. I would have taken a screen shot if I'd known it was such rare damage to take from the move. Like I said I've seen stone do around 50+ damage before with it, but I assumed that was because he was a boss.

PDXGorechild
02-23-2018, 11:56 AM
Always struggled with him as an Assassin and now even more so. His defensive capability is as daunting as ever, but his offence is now something to be scared of as well. Seems over the top from my perspective, but that may just be because he's a hard counter to my class.

KotoKuraken
02-23-2018, 08:05 PM
Are you trolling me? I've said 4 times now that I've dodged the shield bash that comes after he feints his heavy, I've successfully side dodged the shield bash after he soft feint his heavy to go into the shield bash. I'm not sure how much more clear I can be here.

My issue is, even when I wait it out, because I know the heavy he is throwing out is going to be soft feinted into the shield bash, I side dodge the shield bash without getting hit, there is basically no recovery time for this whiff, and he hits me with a light attack nearly instantly and before I can GB or attack him.

Ah, everytime I read yours it sounded like you were talking about the bash, but you're talking about the light afterwards. Well, that's just something Shinobi, Lawbro, and Nobushi already have on their bashes to protect aginst guardbreaks, and now Conq finally has it.

Conq's new playstyle is pretty much only being able to utilize bashes and lights. It's not a lot of damage and he has less defense than he previously had, so the light kinda helps in that loss

Jiblet2017
02-23-2018, 09:03 PM
Ah, everytime I read yours it sounded like you were talking about the bash, but you're talking about the light afterwards. Well, that's just something Shinobi, Lawbro, and Nobushi already have on their bashes to protect aginst guardbreaks, and now Conq finally has it.

Conq's new playstyle is pretty much only being able to utilize bashes and lights. It's not a lot of damage and he has less defense than he previously had, so the light kinda helps in that loss

If you think conq's kit is only about using bashes and lights - I honestly can't tell if you are being serious or just intellectually dishonest.

Yes, he has bashes and 500 ms lights. However he also has a decent full block (with superior block properties, a great feint game with his heavy>bash, a top tier zone option select (behind only maybe PK or Glad), superior block on dodge, and a guaranteed unblockable on superior block (for 30 damage). Lastly, I have personally never gotten a GB with heavy feinted into bash - even in pracrice on pk who has a great dodge recovery.

Also, take it with a grain of salt, but he is S tier on every competitive tier list in both dominion and duel tier lists (at least the post patch ones on the competitive subreddit). He is certainly a strong character.

Sauronbaine
02-23-2018, 09:09 PM
If you think conq's kit is only about using bashes and lights - I honestly can't tell if you are being serious or just intellectually dishonest.

Yes, he has bashes and 500 ms lights. However he also has a decent full block (with superior block properties, a great feint game with his heavy>bash, a top tier zone option select (behind only maybe PK or Glad), superior block on dodge, and a guaranteed unblockable on superior block (for 30 damage). Lastly, I have personally never gotten a GB with heavy feinted into bash - even in pracrice on pk who has a great dodge recovery.

Also, take it with a grain of salt, but he is S tier on every competitive tier list in both dominion and duel tier lists (at least the post patch ones on the competitive subreddit). He is certainly a strong character.

1. Tier lists this early? LOL. Its only been a week since launch of season 5. Any tier list that is derived this early is even more opinionated than before.
2. Reddit. Lel. Its 4chan with less nudity.... well depending on what part of reddit you go to.
3. His bash is punishable. If you have a dodge attack the heavy bash is punishable. His zone is great though.

4. Just got punished on my heavy bash miss by a raider GB.

He's not a good offensive character. He's good for defense, but not like he was before. Hes not S tier by any means. Ill give him A tier but hes not S. Im not having ANY issues fighting a conq but thats because I also play conq so I know how to fight them. Most people here dont have a clue how to fight a god damn warden, let alone a conq.

KotoKuraken
02-23-2018, 09:39 PM
Well, for one, full block is super slow, slower than Warlord and Aramusha and often results in being guardbroken.

Heavy feint using full block is also clumsier now since it costs a lot of stam and no longer has multiple options from full block, and can no longer counter guardbreaks or initiate guardbreaks while charging a heavy.

Also, superior block only on dash made his defense take a hit. Now he has to rely on deflecting to superior block, except his dodge doesn't initiate an attack like Kensei, who has the same principle but can attack you for far more damage and even execute you on it.

So, he lost out on defense mechanics, can no longer use heavies safely (thus why I said he relies on lights and bashes), and can no longer use guardbreaks in his mixups.

He did gain the ability to block and attack on zone though, as well as able to feint into another bash from heavy, so that's a small victory, but it only enforces lights and bashes that much more.

It's not quite a nerf, it's more like, "we took this away and gave you something else" type deal of a sidegrade

Trenk2009
02-23-2018, 09:47 PM
Yes, I can't really fathom how his shield bash has no recovery on a miss. Do you guys remember the moaning on the Warlord headbutt 6 months ago? A move that does less damage and is punishable with a guard break on a miss.

Actually, Warlord heabutt isn't punishable. The reason we manage to gb is because the vast majority of headbutt dodged are dodged upon reacting to the forward dash, not the headbutt. If you wait and only dodge when you see the gb coming, you can't get the gb in.

UbiInsulin
02-23-2018, 10:47 PM

The infinite bash should be fixed as of yesterday: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1841899-Maintenance-All-Platforms-Thursday-22nd-February-2018 .

Arekonator
02-24-2018, 12:28 AM
Depends on who you play, really. If you happen to be one of the characters with no dodge attacks and/or longer dodge-recoveries, you are pretty much screwed.
If you play lawbringer like i do and the conq never throws naked attacks but just keep shieldbashing you. There is nothing you can do. You can keep dodging, sure, but there is nothing you can do to punish it and he will eventually hit you enough times to kill you. You can try to shove after the dodge, but his recovery is so fast that he can dodge again before it hits him and nail you with shieldbash you cant dodge now because you are still stuck in recovery. Only thing you can do if you get lucky and guardbreak him when he dodges to initiate the shieldbash, but that window is now shortened too.

I know Lawbringer is notoriously bad in 1v1, but this matchup is so ridiculously onesided its not even funny.
When i switch to peackeeper, punishing him becomes childs play and i can dodge-attack or gb him at my leisure.

TL; DR Its easily punishable for some characters, nigh impossible for others.

Baturai
02-24-2018, 12:36 AM
he isnt op but anoying AF

The_B0G_
02-24-2018, 01:40 AM
Depends on who you play, really. If you happen to be one of the characters with no dodge attacks and/or longer dodge-recoveries, you are pretty much screwed.
If you play lawbringer like i do and the conq never throws naked attacks but just keep shieldbashing you. There is nothing you can do. You can keep dodging, sure, but there is nothing you can do to punish it and he will eventually hit you enough times to kill you. You can try to shove after the dodge, but his recovery is so fast that he can dodge again before it hits him and nail you with shieldbash you cant dodge now because you are still stuck in recovery. Only thing you can do if you get lucky and guardbreak him when he dodges to initiate the shieldbash, but that window is now shortened too.

I know Lawbringer is notoriously bad in 1v1, but this matchup is so ridiculously onesided its not even funny.
When i switch to peackeeper, punishing him becomes childs play and i can dodge-attack or gb him at my leisure.

Exactly, I don't play assassin classes, he's a massive pain in the a** to fight. I used to be good at Kensei which has a dodge attack, never took the time to get used to him after the rework so I haven't been playing him.

I think if he whiffs on a shield bash he should get punished, its way too safe of a mixup.

KotoKuraken
02-24-2018, 03:10 AM

Lawbringer should be a pretty good character to use against Conq. When Conq goes for shield bash, you dodge to the side and do your own bash and mixup. And Lawbringer bad in 1v1? What are you smoking. He's literally made for 1v1s

Now, the only characters that should have a problem with the bash would be Highlander and Centurion. Though Highlander can fend off shield bashes while in the middle of a Celtic Curse or in his aggressive stance, and Centurion can usually get his hits in quick enough to prevent Conq from doing the bash

bob333e
02-24-2018, 03:19 AM
The infinite bash should be fixed as of yesterday: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1841899-Maintenance-All-Platforms-Thursday-22nd-February-2018 .

Yes, thank you! I did read about it in Candle's recap thread, props to the dev team for getting rid of this issue rather fast. Just a week into S5 and the exploit's already gone, lots of us appreciate it. Thank you guys.

Arekonator
02-24-2018, 03:21 AM
Lawbringer should be a pretty good character to use against Conq. When Conq goes for shield bash, you dodge to the side and do your own bash and mixup. And Lawbringer bad in 1v1? What are you smoking. He's literally made for 1v1s

Now, the only characters that should have a problem with the bash would be Highlander and Centurion. Though Highlander can fend off shield bashes while in the middle of a Celtic Curse or in his aggressive stance, and Centurion can usually get his hits in quick enough to prevent Conq from doing the bash

Did you even bothered to read the post you are quoting? He can recover from the missed bash before the shove hits him and dodge into another bash that you cannot dodge because you are still stuck in shove recovery.
Lawbringer is okay when people actually attack you, he does have one of the best parry punishes and is block shove mixup is annoying, but when your oponent turtles or uses only attacks that you cant punish, there is nothing you can do to open them up.

"made for 1v1" = completely lacks offensive options
Who is smoking what again?

Jiblet2017
02-24-2018, 06:23 AM
1. Tier lists this early? LOL. Its only been a week since launch of season 5. Any tier list that is derived this early is even more opinionated than before.
2. Reddit. Lel. Its 4chan with less nudity.... well depending on what part of reddit you go to.
3. His bash is punishable. If you have a dodge attack the heavy bash is punishable. His zone is great though.

4. Just got punished on my heavy bash miss by a raider GB.

He's not a good offensive character. He's good for defense, but not like he was before. Hes not S tier by any means. Ill give him A tier but hes not S. Im not having ANY issues fighting a conq but thats because I also play conq so I know how to fight them. Most people here dont have a clue how to fight a god damn warden, let alone a conq.

1. I specifically said to take tier list (like skor's) with a grain of salt

2. 4 Chan with less nudity? I agree that that depends on where you visit. I actually quite like the competitive for honor sub-reddit. They actually have pretty detailed/constructive mechanical discussions. I highly reccomend you check it out if you havnt yet.

3. I never said his bash was unpunishable. I just said it had a relatively fast recovery.
I can deal with a straight bash and regularly gb on dodge (unless I play LB or shuk), but his feint bash is extremely hard for me to gb on dodge. And I agree, his zone is fantastic.

4. Raider has the dodge gb cancel, making him one of the few characters that can punish almost any bash on dodge (including nobushi kick). It's not surprising he can regularly gb the bash.

5. I play conq and do pretty well with him. I'm not claiming he is OP. I am simply stating that in my opinion he is strong in comparison to much of the roster with a great defense and relatively save offense with multiple viable options.

CandleInTheDark
02-24-2018, 06:29 AM
I am wondering if some of this on both conqueror and kensei is they were among the first to get reworks, I mean seriously there was a kensei op thread with season one peacekeeper levels of vitriol earlier today, I'll let that sink in for those who have been around a while ;)

The more solid point being suddenly we need to relearn these characters a little and suddenly they are a bit more viable than they used to be which next to the rest of the OG seems a little much, so I would put this question to you, with more reworks coming this season, rather than characters suddenly being op, isn't the fact they are more viable a promising sign for where the reworks are going and the state of the game once everyone has had a balance pass or new animations? I'm not saying nothing needs to change, I have about ten minutes on conq among the characters that have been reworked as I am levelling my gladiator hard, just that thinking long term,is this as bad as the quick reactions some people have says it is?

Conqueror and Kensei were considered the two worst, now people are saying they are very good, shouldn't that be a matter of job done (without excluding the possibility to tone down a thing or two later, when others have had their turn),move on to the next one?

Sauronbaine
02-24-2018, 06:42 AM
1. I specifically said to take tier list (like skor's) with a grain of salt

2. 4 Chan with less nudity? I agree that that depends on where you visit. I actually quite like the competitive for honor sub-reddit. They actually have pretty detailed/constructive mechanical discussions. I highly reccomend you check it out if you havnt yet.

3. I never said his bash was unpunishable. I just said it had a relatively fast recovery.
I can deal with a straight bash and regularly gb on dodge (unless I play LB or shuk), but his feint bash is extremely hard for me to gb on dodge. And I agree, his zone is fantastic.

4. Raider has the dodge gb cancel, making him one of the few characters that can punish almost any bash on dodge (including nobushi kick). It's not surprising he can regularly gb the bash.

5. I play conq and do pretty well with him. I'm not claiming he is OP. I am simply stating that in my opinion he is strong in comparison to much of the roster with a great defense and relatively save offense with multiple viable options.

Only need to comment on number 5.

I do well with conq too, but I do much better with highlander. Seriously, his OF is kinda dumb right now. They really need to remove the damage buff on the OF and put it to Celtic curse. Thats what I think at least.

I will agree conq and kensei are both really strong in comparison to alot of the cast, but they were just reworked. The other OG's need one now too.

Though alot of the DLC's could use them too...

-cough- centurion -cough-

Specialkha
02-24-2018, 09:46 AM
Did you even bothered to read the post you are quoting? He can recover from the missed bash before the shove hits him and dodge into another bash that you cannot dodge because you are still stuck in shove recovery.
Lawbringer is okay when people actually attack you, he does have one of the best parry punishes and is block shove mixup is annoying, but when your oponent turtles or uses only attacks that you cant punish, there is nothing you can do to open them up.

"made for 1v1" = completely lacks offensive options
Who is smoking what again?

Sorry but you are wrong. Your bash will connect before the conq can't do anything. Just get better.

Arekonator
02-24-2018, 10:02 AM
Sorry but you are wrong. Your bash will connect before the conq can't do anything. Just get better.

Go and test it then. If the conq isnt garbage, he can do it. His recovery is shorter than the time it takes the bash to hit.

Specialkha
02-24-2018, 10:33 AM
I play conq only since the rework, and LB can bash me if he dodges AT THE RIGHT TIME my shield bash. Git gud.

SaschoS
02-24-2018, 10:34 AM
He was OP from the start but people did not play him so he recieved a buff

Arekonator
02-24-2018, 10:53 AM
I play conq only since the rework, and LB can bash me if he dodges AT THE RIGHT TIME my shield bash. Git gud.

Thats fun, because EVEN IF YOU HIT, conq can still beat both your mixups form shove with shieldbash fast enough. If he goes into another bash fast enough, you cant guardbreak him.
And if you dodge pre-emptively, the conq can guardbreak you. It was apparent from the start how much you want to say git gud to someone. Its the definition of unwinnable matchup. You obviously dont know what you are talking about. Your opinion is discarded.

Waynedetta40k
02-24-2018, 11:47 AM
Thats fun, because EVEN IF YOU HIT, conq can still beat both your mixups form shove with shieldbash fast enough. If he goes into another bash fast enough, you cant guardbreak him.
And if you dodge pre-emptively, the conq can guardbreak you. It was apparent from the start how much you want to say git gud to someone. Its the definition of unwinnable matchup. You obviously dont know what you are talking about. Your opinion is discarded.

As Lawbringer you can shove and bait the SB and punish it, can you?

Arekonator
02-24-2018, 11:49 AM
As Lawbringer you can shove and bait the SB and punish it, can you?

No, even if you land a shove, it doesnt guarantee you anything. If you dodge the followup shieldbash again, you cant get anything out of it.

Thats the whole issue i am arguing here. Unless conq throws naked attacks for you to parry, nothing he does is punishable.

Toran80
02-24-2018, 12:06 PM

Than you are not got enough, you do not shield bash at lawby. thrown a heavy and shield bash after it. Even if he dodges your heavy shield bash will retrack and get him. He can do nothing to counter.

I think the new tracking is the thing that is OP on Conq, Kensei and Highlander. The rest of the changes are no cocncern.

Jiblet2017
02-24-2018, 01:48 PM
Only need to comment on number 5.

I do well with conq too, but I do much better with highlander. Seriously, his OF is kinda dumb right now. They really need to remove the damage buff on the OF and put it to Celtic curse. Thats what I think at least.

I will agree conq and kensei are both really strong in comparison to alot of the cast, but they were just reworked. The other OG's need one now too.

Though alot of the DLC's could use them too...

-cough- centurion -cough-

I totally agree. I just got my HL to rep 3 and have been absolutely destroying people is team modes. I am all for buffs to underperforming kits, but such a massive damage buff combined with UB/HA makes him hit like a truck.

In duels he is much more manageable (although his kick/toss mixup avoidance timing is pretty tight) but I can't help but to feel bad hitting a shinobi during a teammate GB/wallsplat for over half their health (with only about +15% damage).

Vrbas1
02-24-2018, 06:49 PM
but I can't help but to feel bad hitting a shinobi during a teammate GB/wallsplat for over half their health (with only about +15% damage).

I never feel bad hitting a Shinobi. Stupid little gnats.