PDA

View Full Version : FEATS. Seriously.

brashtralas
02-22-2018, 07:44 AM
Get rid of damaging feats, and have them as LONG COOLDOWN MAP PICKUPS. They make me not want to play your game, and thereís enough technical factors that make me feel that way, already. Removing the fun factor is the quickest way to no players.

I just had a light spamming pk(annoying already) that would dodge back twice in tribute every time we fought, because I had her on the ropes, and throw.. not one, but TWO bombs at me EVERY. SINGLE. FIGHT.

In what world was it acceptable to give multiple non-combat projectiles and explosives to a single person? Whereís the balance, exactly?

To top off that amazingly annoying battle(I fought the pk 1v1 5-7 times in which she used the two different explosives wtf?), she the proceeded to catapult me to win the match after I demolished her. Worst part? My character is too slow to run or roll away. Awesome.

As you can undoubtedly tell, Iím annoyed and a bit pissed. This NEEDS to be prioritized. I like the combat, not bombs. Iíll play one of the countless shooters I own if I want to throw bombs/get blown up.

SangLong524
02-22-2018, 01:27 PM
Just to get this straight, was it a duel as in duel mode? Or was it a dominion session? Duels in dominion cant be taken seriously and any etiquettes are imaginary and self imposed at best.
you get your gun-powdered smoked behind handed to u with a sword and a dagger sticking to it. So? I am sorry but whole post is basically u saying getting rid of feats because someone dump the whole pile on your ears. In a way, it is balanced as the PK will have no more ammunitions to throw at your teammates.
If it gets u this pissed, I wager that PK did that on purpose. It's surely hilarious;)

BlowHard74728
02-22-2018, 02:23 PM
Just to get this straight, was it a duel as in duel mode? Or was it a dominion session? Duels in dominion cant be taken seriously and any etiquettes are imaginary and self imposed at best.
you get your gun-powdered smoked behind handed to u with a sword and a dagger sticking to it. So? I am sorry but whole post is basically u saying getting rid of feats because someone dump the whole pile on your ears. In a way, it is balanced as the PK will have no more ammunitions to throw at your teammates.
If it gets u this pissed, I wager that PK did that on purpose. It's surely hilarious;)

First of all he stated that he was playing tribute not duel (you dont even have feats in duel) second he is 100% correct this shouldn't be happening in a game about guess what SKILL. The feats in this game have always been too powerful, and frankly stupid. Why does the pk drop a bomb at death when not executed causing YOU the "victor" to be punished for coming out on top? Why is it every match when you see the "stand and fight" moment come up that the first thing the enemy team does is use every single one of their feats? Why are one shot kill feats even in the game to begin with? If the devs just did a parry change to make sure you are not INSTANTLY killed (which they did) Why are they allowing feats that instantly kill you?

BTTrinity
02-22-2018, 02:34 PM
Get rid of damaging feats, and have them as LONG COOLDOWN MAP PICKUPS. They make me not want to play your game, and there’s enough technical factors that make me feel that way, already. Removing the fun factor is the quickest way to no players.

I just had a light spamming pk(annoying already) that would dodge back twice in tribute every time we fought, because I had her on the ropes, and throw.. not one, but TWO bombs at me EVERY. SINGLE. FIGHT.

In what world was it acceptable to give multiple non-combat projectiles and explosives to a single person? Where’s the balance, exactly?

To top off that amazingly annoying battle(I fought the pk 1v1 5-7 times in which she used the two different explosives wtf?), she the proceeded to catapult me to win the match after I demolished her. Worst part? My character is too slow to run or roll away. Awesome.

As you can undoubtedly tell, I’m annoyed and a bit pissed. This NEEDS to be prioritized. I like the combat, not bombs. I’ll play one of the countless shooters I own if I want to throw bombs/get blown up.

Yeah, dont worry about the first guy lol I'm sure 99% of the forums would agree that bombs DONT belong in this game. I come here to fight, not get blown up by bombs every single time I try doing so. Feats should be pretty much all passive, and NOT negate the concept of "Skill based fighter" the way bombs and traps do.

SangLong524
02-22-2018, 03:01 PM
First of all he stated that he was playing tribute not duel (you dont even have feats in duel) second he is 100% correct this shouldn't be happening in a game about guess what SKILL. The feats in this game have always been too powerful, and frankly stupid. Why does the pk drop a bomb at death when not executed causing YOU the "victor" to be punished for coming out on top? Why is it every match when you see the "stand and fight" moment come up that the first thing the enemy team does is use every single one of their feats? Why are one shot kill feats even in the game to begin with? If the devs just did a parry change to make sure you are not INSTANTLY killed (which they did) Why are they allowing feats that instantly kill you?
Ah, my bad, I tend to scan the post when I detect a rant. Anyway, I have never been convinced that feats should be removed. Perhaps they can extend the cooldown for T4 feats, the lethality remain unchanged and/or make friendly fire equally damaging. They are not always unavoidable, a little situation awareness and positioning will do you good.
We works to get to T4 feat, it should be rewarding. Your issue with these instant kill feats, which I hope u mean T4 feat in the face, is a minor one as currently, t4 feats do have long cooldown. So u die, u can respawn fast, yes? Get back in the fight as they won't have the same feat throw at u anymore.
However, if u get snowballing situation, then the other team in some way is just better. Maybe coordination? Or the members are more considerate and goal oriented?
Granted that the uses of feats tend to create worse snowballing effect, removing them won't remove the snowballing in the first place. Feats just add insult to injury. I feel that all these issues with so-called instant kill feats are just impotent rage against victors.
Let's not discuss why people throw everything they have at u in these "stand and fight" scenarios. If it was me,I'd refuse to give up my right to determine when And how i'd use these arsenals I had unlocked.

Charmzzz
02-22-2018, 03:14 PM
Ah, my bad, I tend to scan the post when I detect a rant. Anyway, I have never been convinced that feats should be removed. Perhaps they can extend the cooldown for T4 feats, the lethality remain unchanged and/or make friendly fire equally damaging. They are not always unavoidable, a little situation awareness and positioning will do you good.
We works to get to T4 feat, it should be rewarding. Your issue with these instant kill feats, which I hope u mean T4 feat in the face, is a minor one as currently, t4 feats do have long cooldown. So u die, u can respawn fast, yes? Get back in the fight as they won't have the same feat throw at u anymore.
However, if u get snowballing situation, then the other team in some way is just better. Maybe coordination? Or the members are more considerate and goal oriented?
Granted that the uses of feats tend to create worse snowballing effect, removing them won't remove the snowballing in the first place. Feats just add insult to injury. I feel that all these issues with so-called instant kill feats are just impotent rage against victors.
Let's not discuss why people throw everything they have at u in these "stand and fight" scenarios. If it was me,I'd refuse to give up my right to determine when And how i'd use these arsenals I had unlocked.

3 bomb feats on different levels with some having multiple charges on LB say "No" to your arguments. First bomb he throws is: Fiat Lux (Tier 2, low cooldown) – Throw a flash grenade that blinds enemies for a few seconds (and consume the enemies whole Stamina...). Then Pugno Mortis (Tier 3, moderate cooldown) – Throw an explosive that deals moderate damage in an area. Tier4? OMFG: Igneus Imber – Several grenades that deal moderate damage over an area.

Thing is on LB that the combination of low cooldown Tier 2 bomb and multiple charges on Tier 4 bomb plus Tier 3 bomb is just too good in 4v4. You cannot dodge-roll if you are OOS. Get 2 LB's in your team and spam dem bombs whole match in every group fight - win.

BlowHard74728
02-22-2018, 03:16 PM

I believe the best thing to do with T4 feats (other then getting rid of them and keeping passive) is that they should not be insta kill nor should they be viable when the other team is breaking. Hell i would be happy if they would have the feats take a longer time to go off giving players a chance to escape, and reduce the damage they cause. Ive said this before and will continue to do so the end of the match should not ever be determined by the team that has the most knights nor should it ever end in a hellstorm of bombs and arrows this isnt cod.

Devils-_-legacy
02-22-2018, 03:20 PM
Charmz beat me to it

SangLong524
02-22-2018, 03:24 PM
3 bomb feats on different levels with some having multiple charges on LB say "No" to your arguments. First bomb he throws is: Fiat Lux (Tier 2, low cooldown) – Throw a flash grenade that blinds enemies for a few seconds. Then Pungo Mortis (Tier 3, moderate cooldown) – Throw an explosive that deals moderate damage in an area. Tier4? OMFG: Igneus Imber – Serveral grenades that deal moderate damage over an area.

Thing is on LB that the combination of low cooldown Tier 2 bomb and multiple charges on Tier 4 bomb plus Tier 3 bomb is just too good in 4v4. You cannot dodge-roll if you are OOS. Get 2 LB's in your team and spam dem bombs whole match in every group fight - win.

Lol, alright. i knew lawbringer will eventually come into the argument. there are truth in that case. But lawbringer can't be ground to remove the whole thing. Adjust, yes! Remove, no!
Pure Hack and slash is a boring game. There are too many of those already. For Honor doesn't need to add to that mix for an expensive game as it is.

Charmzzz
02-22-2018, 03:36 PM
Lol, alright. i knew lawbringer will eventually come into the argument. there are truth in that case. But lawbringer can't be ground to remove the whole thing. Adjust, yes! Remove, no!
Pure Hack and slash is a boring game. There are too many of those already. For Honor doesn't need to add to that mix for an expensive game as it is.

I dont want it removed either. Just longer cooldowns and get rid of that 3 bomb combo on one character.

Xil_h
02-22-2018, 04:47 PM
I don't like the one shot Feats at all. Catapult is the worst offender imo. It's almost like you have a modern laser guided artillery in the game. Anyone who thinks it's OK a catapult can fire at any moment anywhere on the map the instant you wave somewhere on the battlefield pointing somewhere else, isn't sane.

Make it take longer to actually fire and give it a damage fall off towards the edge.

Against the fire bomb you at least have 'some' chance...

M4RKSG4MES
02-23-2018, 06:48 PM
I totally agree feats are way too powerful and ruin game, 99% of battles seem to be won by whose got bomb at end making all rest games battles a waste of time, im not saying get rid of them but i reckon when it gets down to stand and fight point thats what it should be and all bomb/arrow feats are locked

UbiInsulin
02-23-2018, 11:10 PM
Get rid of damaging feats, and have them as LONG COOLDOWN MAP PICKUPS. They make me not want to play your game, and thereís enough technical factors that make me feel that way, already. Removing the fun factor is the quickest way to no players.

In what world was it acceptable to give multiple non-combat projectiles and explosives to a single person? Whereís the balance, exactly?

As you can undoubtedly tell, Iím annoyed and a bit pissed. This NEEDS to be prioritized. I like the combat, not bombs. Iíll play one of the countless shooters I own if I want to throw bombs/get blown up.

We will continue to let the team know that some players are finding the "direct damage" feats frustrating. I'm curious how people feel about the map pick-up idea as opposed to a simple damage nerf.

Specialkha
02-23-2018, 11:13 PM
We will continue to let the team know that some players are finding the "direct damage" feats frustrating. I'm curious how people feel about the map pick-up idea as opposed to a simple damage nerf.

Bad idea either. Damage feats should either be removed or have their damage greatly reduce. Feats should be passive or utility feats like moral or heal banner and such.

The_B0G_
02-23-2018, 11:34 PM
Id like to see AoE damage feats scrapped, keep indivuals damage feats, like throwing axe, long bow, etc. Forth feats should be AoE buffs and debuffs, heals, maybe even make an AoE flag that last a couple mins that prevents reviving inside the area.

bannex19
02-24-2018, 02:22 AM
Yeah, dont worry about the first guy lol I'm sure 99% of the forums would agree that bombs DONT belong in this game. I come here to fight, not get blown up by bombs every single time I try doing so. Feats should be pretty much all passive, and NOT negate the concept of "Skill based fighter" the way bombs and traps do.

Well said +1.

bannex19
02-24-2018, 02:24 AM
Map pick up idea should be relegated to a seasonal event and be part of a deathmatch style game.

I think feats could've been something much more customizing to the way you pay your character, like the conq having a feat that heals on block or damages through block. I like the notion of making a character more defensive or offensive minded through feats.

SammyCannon
02-24-2018, 09:13 PM
To have an exciting and even 4v4 and then suddenly get a team wipe from arrows and bombs. Its utterly broken and ridicoulus! Remove this crap.
Does anyone want this?

Tirik22x
02-24-2018, 09:27 PM
I wish feats were all just passive, and 1 or 2 that increase damage or defense, or fear (active), then 1 for each class with a single target throwing weapon.

AoEís are bs...

swiss_soldier_1
02-24-2018, 11:57 PM
just add equal friendly fire and its already less powerful

Devils-_-legacy
02-24-2018, 11:59 PM
Frendily fire won't do much I'd rather a damage nurf across the board then the map pick up

Diresins_PSN
02-25-2018, 12:02 AM
No thank you. I truly hope they do not make feats map pick ups as that will ruin the game for myself and possibly others. They simply need to be reworked, that way we can reach a happy medium.

swiss_soldier_1
02-25-2018, 12:20 AM
map pickup is ****

Kelson27
02-25-2018, 12:43 AM
Absolutely no map pickups, there would be more and more running from a fight to pick up icbm match enders.

IMO, I have no problem with the catapult feat killing in one hit. BUT,

It should have a long enough wind up, as if the order was given, it was carried on by chain of command throughout the battlefield, a catapult was then aimed accordingly, and accuracy isnít pinpoint, and friendly fire is absolutely the same damage.

Bombs should require lighting, and you should be particularly vulnerable when the feat is going off. Likewise the longbow feats etc look stupidly off to me to, should be a proper animation in there that is well telegraphed and looks feasible. At the moment they pull a bow from nowhere and an instant arrow comes out.

Itís not a realistic ask but Iíd rather see arrow storm or the likes actually spawn bowmen or spear throwers in the next wave onto the field, then they can blot out the sun. Those soldiers could then be chopped down and also reward renown in reverse for being taken out.

Thereís so many ways you could take these feats... insta catapult needs some creativity and thought for sure.

swiss_soldier_1
02-25-2018, 01:05 AM
what if instead of feats like catapults/fire flask and stuff like this you'd add the possibiility to call captains to help, be it on a determinate objective or be it where you are standing, or maybe they could act as your bodyguards. like 5 captains on B, or 3 on the side objectives. they are easy to kill but they provide numeric help, moreover they'd make the battlefield a real battlefield and the war would be more real.

Kelson27
02-25-2018, 07:18 AM
what if instead of feats like catapults/fire flask and stuff like this you'd add the possibiility to call captains to help, be it on a determinate objective or be it where you are standing, or maybe they could act as your bodyguards. like 5 captains on B, or 3 on the side objectives. they are easy to kill but they provide numeric help, moreover they'd make the battlefield a real battlefield and the war would be more real.

My line of thought was going here but my posts always run too long 😋 captains would be great!

Oupyz
02-25-2018, 01:40 PM
make all feat passive , remove bomb and damage feat , what you do with them , it's your decision , but remove them and make feat passive is the way to go , or just disable them in ranked dominion/tribute

Specialkha
02-25-2018, 10:20 PM
So, how can we get an ETA for the change of damage feats?

The_B0G_
02-26-2018, 01:45 AM
So, how can we get an ETA for the change of damage feats?

We're gonna have to fight tooth and nail for them to change feats, its been brought up multiple times, especially in the last couple seasons, still it hasn't been mentioned on the den.

brashtralas
02-28-2018, 10:08 PM
Iíd like to apologize for taking so long to get back to my own thread. I took a break for a few days, and have been busy.

Thanks for all the replies. I know a lot of people agree with the state of feats, and Iím glad we are being vocal.

That being said, I think Iím done with this game for a while. At least until a few things are addressed. Being bombermanned by a team of three lawbringer and a trap laying, neck biting shaman is the antithesis of fun. Truly.

Until these 3 things are in the game, I donít think Iíll play:

1. Servers/lag comp;
We have characters that can attack so fast and from far, FAR away that servers are absolutely necessary to combat already present input delays. I still firmly believe that shaman is blatantly overpowered, but who knows when even all green latency players are plagued by lag?

2. Feats:
Seriously. I donít even feel like a description is necessary. Itís was a bad idea on paper, and surprise!! Itís a bad idea in action. I get pissed at my teammate shaman(s?) when there are 1500000 traps all over the place, and the bleed trap occupies a space as big as Texas. Makes tribute reaaallllll fun, lemme tell ya what.

Then we head to dominion(though this is becoming more prevalent in tribute as well, since itís obviously a winning tactic) where the lawbro squads impale(more on that soon) and bomberman you with a seemingly endless supply of explosives. Shouldnít they blow up when I knock them into a fire? They have so much black powder on them, Iíd be afraid to get near a torch. Fun stuff.

3. Charge/tackle/pin/bite attacks:
What was the idea, here? Normally I engage one enemy while another runs away and does a half-circle turn while making airplane noises and Spears me at the last possible second. Wtf? No start up time. I was a lawbringer main for a long time. Itís a cheap tactic and a cheap attack, which is saying a lot, since itís also the MOST BALANCED of all the attacks of its type. All the others are unblockable.

All these attacks need to be interrupted by enemy/friendly damage, and they need a significant start up increase. It baffles me that they actually went in the opposite direction with the raider. Lot of good that did.

Duels are cool and all, but more people do 4v4. Iíd put a lot more consideration into the effects these abilities might have on the larger player modes.

I guess my rant is over. Iíll play again when servers are (successfully) implemented on console with lag comp. Iíll keep an eye out here for changes, but Iím not too enthusiastic. The devs donít seem interested in addressing feats at all.

Jiblet2017
03-01-2018, 04:59 AM
3. Charge/tackle/pin/bite attacks:
What was the idea, here? Normally I engage one enemy while another runs away and does a half-circle turn while making airplane noises and Spears me at the last possible second. Wtf? No start up time. I was a lawbringer main for a long time. It’s a cheap tactic and a cheap attack, which is saying a lot, since it’s also the MOST BALANCED of all the attacks of its type. All the others are unblockable.

All these attacks need to be interrupted by enemy/friendly damage, and they need a significant start up increase. It baffles me that they actually went in the opposite direction with the raider. Lot of good that did.

Duels are cool and all, but more people do 4v4. I’d put a lot more consideration into the effects these abilities might have on the larger player modes.

I guess my rant is over. I’ll play again when servers are (successfully) implemented on console with lag comp. I’ll keep an eye out here for changes, but I’m not too enthusiastic. The devs don’t seem interested in addressing feats at all.

I wish i could play more duel. Unfortunately, the reality is that on pc duels take at least 1/2 hour to match for.

I understand that creating startup times for moves like the LB charge would make him even more non-viable for duels. However, for Pc at this point this is a non-factor since so few pc duels take place. It makes every group fight with a lb very difficult if he uses this attack. Hopefully he is in line for a rework but please in the meantime help your bleeding PC multiplayer population by making high punish spam more difficult to execute by means of a startup animation so we can react. 133ms is all I ask until reworks arrive.

SEISMIS21
03-01-2018, 06:01 AM
Fears are fun, and feats should be a part of this game. However, and this is a huge however, giving only certain characters feats like catapult, 3 seperate active feats that are bombs, and even having what someone considered an equivalent feat in arrow storm, this is just not cool.

If you want, as a def team, to have all the feats (most especially catapult and the bombs) then they have to be given to all classes of all factions, with people getting to choose 4 total among the mess. The second you do that you will see every player choose the crazy OP feats and maybe that will prove how rediculous they are. I would rather have this than be stuck with feats that are eons below the simply dominant feats my opponents have, but this is not the answer I would prefer.

Keep all the feats, that's fine, keep them as personal items given for points, that is fine, just please be more even with their impact on the game. No character should have 3 bombs, definitely not any character with some of the highest HP in the game. That simple fact had to change. I am not sure why it hasn't changed yet except that someone on the dev team must love lawbringer. As for all of the other feats, make catapult just as effective as arrow storm. If one part hits you then you lose about 30-40 hp, if the second part hits you another 30-40 and same for the third wave.

If you want to keep catapult with a huge AOE that is 100% guaranteed death for anyone effected, then the same thing needs to happen with arrow storm. I think any character, and all characters, should get one feat for their 1 that either gives health for killing minions, fortified sprint speed when out of stam, or is a scream like orochi. Tier 2 should be weakening of one opponent where their attack and def is limited moderately, you get strain debuff against bleed or throws, or you can increase the strength of your own attacks and def by a moderate amount (no bleed.) tier 3 should be a health bump like second wind, it should be an AOE banner to decrease attack and def of opponents inside the effect, or an AOE that increases attack and defense of you and your team when inside the zone. Finally, tier 4 should be unblobkables for a period of time, a single character target where attack and defense is vastly decreased, or a feat where your own attack and defense is vastly increased. I would choose these as the fears for all characters in all factions. This provides player and skill based buffs that would be used strategically and would eliminate the totally ludacris AOE feats like catapult and would remove the totally and utterly lame bomb frenzy or trap frenzy that a team of beserkers or lawbringer always carries with it.

Mini1900
03-01-2018, 09:59 AM
YES FEATS might be something for the game, but not how it is for now.
Knight heroes should not have too many bombs. AND if this is part of the history behind knights or whatever and should be a part of game, then they shouldnt be able to use it every minute.
an idea how feats could be positive : feats like bombs should might be like rage . People who get 1v3 , after few blocks, should drop bombs ( not too much damage ) , so they might have good chance to survive the gang fight at least longer than usual.( since attack get more faster, and more unblockables which make gang fight very haaard if 1v3 )

SpaceJim12
03-01-2018, 12:10 PM
I could say one thing about feats. Catapult land on a 4 cowardly gunkers, who spam one innocent Orochi it the corner.
So, until everybodyin this game will start play from point of SKILL, I think we need more bombs. And you really have problems with PK? LB got 3 bomds feats. Last one have 3 bombs in it. That's make him best demolishener of the game, so...

The_B0G_
03-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Traps should be limited, if you put a second bear or stun trap down, the first bear or stun trap should disappear, no need in having 6 or 7 traps in a zone from just one player.

Nerf all 4th tier damage feats to non 1 hit kills.

Get rid of some of LB nades, or maybe all nades and traps in general.

BTTrinity
03-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Traps should be limited, if you put a second bear or stun trap down, the first bear or stun trap should disappear, no need in having 6 or 7 traps in a zone from just one player.

Nerf all 4th tier damage feats to non 1 hit kills.

Get rid of some of LB nades, or maybe all nades and traps in general.

Agreed.

Catapult should deal pugno mortis damage if bombs are not gonna be removed. (Trust us Ubi, the game would be MUCH BETTER off without these cheesy raid mechanics)

I dont know why they insist on keeping these feats [and gear for that matter] in the first place, none of it belongs in a fighter.

Lawbringer doesnt need 3 different sets of bombs, get rid of everything about bombs in his kit, his ability to turtle is disgusting enough without him instant killing people on Point B with bombs while hes standing on point A of temple garden.

brashtralas
03-01-2018, 10:11 PM
Agreed.

Catapult should deal pugno mortis damage if bombs are not gonna be removed. (Trust us Ubi, the game would be MUCH BETTER off without these cheesy raid mechanics)

I dont know why they insist on keeping these feats [and gear for that matter] in the first place, none of it belongs in a fighter.

Lawbringer doesnt need 3 different sets of bombs, get rid of everything about bombs in his kit, his ability to turtle is disgusting enough without him instant killing people on Point B with bombs while hes standing on point A of temple garden.

Absolutely right. It was a huge oversight from the drawing table to inception. I want to like this game, but itís getting to be a chore.