PDA

View Full Version : Remove the color limiting....

Zordrage
02-22-2018, 06:55 AM
Attacker , Defender , Neutral.....

its pointlessly limiting the customization...

we should be able to use what ever color we want.... we SEE who is friendly and who is the enemy without it.....

im sick of blue and Purple at this point......

kanuzira
02-22-2018, 02:35 PM
i agree, it looks way better in neutral then anyting else

BTTrinity
02-22-2018, 02:49 PM
i agree, it looks way better in neutral then anyting else

yep, but the issue with that is it will be hard to differentiate which team people using the stealth perk on assassins are on... They'd have to get rid of stealth in order to give us free reign of colors.

Dane520123
02-22-2018, 03:06 PM
yep, but the issue with that is it will be hard to differentiate which team people using the stealth perk on assassins are on... They'd have to get rid of stealth in order to give us free reign of colors. no they wouldnít have to. Theyíre on your team youíll see the marker on their head, if they arenít you wonít and Iím sure theyíll be running towards u anyways. Itís not hard to tell the difference and the color limiting needs to go because the nuetral colors look awesome and I wanna use them in dominions to

Vakris_One
02-22-2018, 03:07 PM
yep, but the issue with that is it will be hard to differentiate which team people using the stealth perk on assassins are on... They'd have to get rid of stealth in order to give us free reign of colors.
I can just imagine a PK + Shaman team vs another PK + Shaman team all in black and grey.

"How do we find the enemy?"
"We'll ask them, 'are you the enemy'? And whoever says yes we stab them."

XD

CandleInTheDark
02-22-2018, 03:18 PM
I can just imagine a PK + Shaman team vs another PK + Shaman team all in black and grey.

"How do we find the enemy?"
"We'll ask them, 'are you the enemy'? And whoever says yes we stab them."

XD

https://rachaelmkris2014.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/wpid-8255i4ff36721cbf3ec63.jpg

BTTrinity
02-22-2018, 03:28 PM
no they wouldn’t have to. They’re on your team you’ll see the marker on their head, if they aren’t you won’t and I’m sure they’ll be running towards u anyways. It’s not hard to tell the difference and the color limiting needs to go because the nuetral colors look awesome and I wanna use them in dominions to

Welp, thats something I forgot about, you're definitely right.

EvoX.
02-22-2018, 04:00 PM
Agreed completely. I can only play Duels with my preferred coloring, which is pretty dumb.

TheUnknownD
02-22-2018, 04:43 PM
Agreed! I want to be all black!

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-22-2018, 04:48 PM
Please do this, get rid of team colors. Ive never said to myself "Oh i know that person wants to kill me because hes wearing purple, not because hes swing a 45 foot ax at me, thank little baby cheeses for the color purple!".

Tyrjo
02-22-2018, 05:02 PM
I suggested this a while back. No one really cared....

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1765331-Do-we-really-need-attacker-and-defender-colors

EvoX.
02-22-2018, 05:07 PM

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1765331-Do-we-really-need-attacker-and-defender-colors

FeelsBadMan

I care.

Dane520123
02-22-2018, 05:12 PM

Iíve always cared, itís always bothered me I just never came across the post. When you have random bots spamming post on the forums about random crap u tend to lose track of the relevant post.

Tyrjo
02-22-2018, 05:14 PM
Thanks guys. :D

Veerdin-Wraith
02-22-2018, 06:24 PM
I'm also in agreement with this, I mean, we have evidence of it being unnecessary already! In Test Your Metal, the bosses have lots of colors and your team gets neutral. Do you ever get confused as to who is who in that mode? No? Then why would it be any different in any other mode?

Ditch the team colours.

VolatileKnight
02-22-2018, 07:48 PM
It's honestly kind of had me floored that this wasn't done in the first place. It's not like in Chivalry where you literally can't tell unless they wear the colours. But here it's different. I want to drape my Warden in pure white cloth along with his Silver material in ANY mode, not just duels. No one really plays duel that much anymore anyways. Ubi really needs to do this

bob333e
02-22-2018, 08:41 PM
I support this too. It's not that they need to ditch team colors; it's that they need to make all colors available for all game modes. This means, all of Neutral, Attacker, and Defender have the same ranges and choices. Without deleting any color palette.

Also, there are several duplicates. Literally duplicates. Not the least of which, being Blackstone Elite (buy bundle $$$$$ or grind randomly for a week), a duplicate of Blackstone Legion (finish story mode on normal I think).

Yeah... there are far deeper issues in this game, than 400ms unblockables or broken attack indicators or stamina drains or Shaman's bite. Which is what most people complain about on the forum.

Waynedetta40k
02-22-2018, 09:03 PM
Agreed!
Especially the Defender Blue looks ****.

UbiJurassic
02-22-2018, 09:42 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the suggestion everyone. This has been brought up before to us, but I'll be sure to continue forwarding this suggestion over to the team. :)

bob333e
02-22-2018, 09:48 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the suggestion everyone. This has been brought up before to us, but I'll be sure to continue forwarding this suggestion over to the team. :)

Thanks, UbiJurassic. And if anyone tells you that they cannot tell differentiated team colors in 4v4s should this happen, please remember:

- In Dominion, Tribute and Skirmish, there's a blue 'Defender' icon and an orange 'Attacker' icon above each player's head. Pretty easy to spot. And they're what tells who's blue team and who's orange team far clearer than outfits / color palettes.

- In Brawl and Elimination, you see the player emblems in the corner. Also in Elimination you see the icons mentioned above.

The only slight issue would be the Stealth feat. Now I'm not sure whether Stealth removes the Defender/Attacker icon off the player's head, I forgot. If so, then the icon simply needs to be there even when Stealth is active, but can only be made visible to enemies if they approach the player using Stealth within a certain radius (that's considering if Stealth removes the icons; otherwise, leave as-is). Other than that, Stealth feat is not an issue because we can't tell color palettes on the radar minimap anyway. It's all blue dots and orange dots.

XJadeDragoonX
02-22-2018, 10:27 PM
I'm for this 100 percent. All the good colors are either for neutral only or you get them at an outfit at prestige 30 something. Which is ******ed in my opinion lol

Tirik22x
02-22-2018, 11:38 PM
I agree. I would like to be able to mix and match my own colors as well... itís kindaaaaa completely stupid that I canít. Like I had a armor set made in real life but the armor Smith was like, ďnah man, I can only color these this way... this isnít Burger King, you canít have it your wayĒ.

Just make the colors unlocked as you progress, but let us pick where we want each color.

Kelson27
02-23-2018, 12:45 AM
I do particularly find the defenders colours pretty unappealing so far... I don't mind the attackers variation as much but yeah, those defenders are 17 iterations of the same blue. I kinda just stuck with purple since release :/

RenegadeRasta
02-23-2018, 03:38 AM
Attacker , Defender , Neutral.....

its pointlessly limiting the customization...

we should be able to use what ever color we want.... we SEE who is friendly and who is the enemy without it.....

im sick of blue and Purple at this point......

Thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU.