PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to fix For Honor

ItBeJUSTICE1
02-22-2018, 02:19 AM
1. Sell the title to a company that knows what theyíre doing.
2. Listen to youíre players who payed for your game.
3. Start from fresh. The game could have undeniable connection, and run perfectly while looking like its real life, but guess what, when you start buffing everyone because you donít know how to properly nerf others you destroy the whole entire concept of this game. Weíve been saying nerf not buff and every game company knows this so why is the for honor team thinking theyíre the exception. You donít know how to do your job well enough as is why go into territory nobody has even attempted to do because with just common sense, people know thatís not a good idea.
4. Anyone who gave the okay to release this game without dedicated servers should be fired. If thereís a head for the balancing team or whatever, they need to be fired.
Honestly Iím not gonna go on I donít want to or care to. Iím done with For Honor. Iíve never gotten so frustrated with any game that I have quit. And I canít even tolerate it until consoles get servers. I really donít know what you people were thinking. No test servers prior to full release. No thought put into the character nerfs your core game mechanic changes put in place. This game isnít fun anymore. It had the potential to be my favorite game. It really did. But a poor design team, along with greed, laziness, improper release content, and pure lack of talent at balancing something SO DAM SIMPLE. I could walk into that studio and balance this whole game in an hour. Hour and 5 minutes if I take a bathroom break. off the top of my head I know every buff and balance that should be made just to even the moves they have now. If I thought up a rework I would have a real rework put into place not just unblockable spams. Which by the way shouldnt have been implemented in the first place. Neither should uninterruptibles except with tanks. Which shouldíve been minimal. Iím done here this is my last post for now. Maybe iíll Come back to the game if I wanna torture myself but itís gonna be gone for a few months at least

Vakris_One
02-22-2018, 02:46 AM
For Honor is actually doing better than ever. You could always try designing and programming your own game though since you seem to think you know how to do a better job than professional game developers.

Good luck.

bob333e
02-22-2018, 02:56 AM
I could walk into that studio and balance this whole game in an hour. Hour and 5 minutes if I take a bathroom break.

This line made my day. Thanks for the good laugh.

ArchDukeInstinct
02-22-2018, 02:57 AM
I could walk into that studio and balance this whole game in an hour. Hour and 5 minutes if I take a bathroom break.

Yeah I don't think so.

Sauronbaine
02-22-2018, 03:20 AM
Um what? Most players dont want nerfs in their games. They want buffs and changes. Not nerfs... I dont know what game you are thinking of where the playerbase wants nerfs....

EDG_Avocado
02-22-2018, 07:29 AM
For Honor is actually doing better than ever. You could always try designing and programming your own game though since you seem to think you know how to do a better job than professional game developers.

Good luck.

actually for honor was at its peak at beta

Monstrous-
02-22-2018, 08:05 AM
You really have no idea what you are saying. The one point I will 100% agree on in this paragraph is the fact that releasing a triple A fighting game where every millisecond can make the difference between victory and defeat and with millions of potential players releasing the game without dedicated servers was a ludicrously stupid idea. The first point I will address is your comment on buffing. You clearly have no idea of the point of buffing. Let's say you have HL (not an actual example just using it metaphorically) and lets say HL is the worst character in the game, but all of the other characters can at least hold their own, would it not be easier to buff this one character rather than nerf 20 characters? On top of that you said that no experienced dev team buffs characters, have you ever heard of blizzard and their experience? You'd be hard pressed to find a company who knows the ins and outs of gaming better than blizzard and they buff overwatch characters all the time. The last point I wanted to address is your false perception of how games are made. You called the developers of a triple A game with millions of players inexperienced while simultaneously making it painfully obvious that you have no idea how games are developed. This was made obvious by the fact that you don't know if there is a separate dev team devoted to purely balancing characters. I recommend you do more research on how Ubisoft makes their games before pretending to know their company better than they do.

Monstrous-
02-22-2018, 08:12 AM
I understand your frustration with the game however but before you spew **** make sure it is comprehensible, one more thing I forgot to mention is how you mentioned 'giving it to a company who knows what they are doing'. What kind of company would want to work on a game that is almost finished with a sometimes dwindling player base? Besides that too, Ubisoft cannot simply "give" their game to another company, there is a lot of licensing and money transferring involved and for Ubisoft to be able to sell the title another company would have to offer themselves to Ubisoft and buy out the company and with all of the negativity surrounding for honor, it's playerbase, and it's launch I doubt many companies would want to pay a high price to pick up unfinished work. That and we have not seen anyone offer to buy the franchise.

Monstrous-
02-22-2018, 08:14 AM
By better than ever he meant mechanically and improvisation.

Vakris_One
02-22-2018, 02:58 PM
actually for honor was at its peak at beta
That depends. It was fun as hell for sure and felt close to perfection, but how much of that was because:

a) We were all new to the game and didn't know all the cheesy bulls**t you could pull in this game.

b) The turtle meta wasn't in full swing, most people were too busy playing for fun and enjoyment rather than try harding like money was on the line.

We can never really have that period from beta back. The closest we have gotten is when Ubi gave us the realistic modes where all of us were once again on the same level of learning how to play. The game has moved on since beta and we can't go back, we can only go forward. The game right now is much better than it was in Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 or Season 4. The first half of Season 1 was the honeymoon period where those 3-4 people who weren't experiencing crippling connection issues were having fun. In the second half of Season 1 the turtle meta had already spread far and wide and was already sapping the morale of the entire community.

Waynedetta40k
02-22-2018, 03:05 PM
Mad cuz bad?

Crazywolf3096
09-13-2018, 05:21 PM
I play For Honor and can safely say I want nerfs. Centurion for example. he was added to counter turtles. I'll admit he did his job, but that means anyone who doesn't turtle is screwed. For example, an Assassin class. Their special type of block can be the bane of their existence in most fights. I myself should know, for I main an Orochi. Most people say "Why not dodge?", when those people probably don't know that due to the game's 'Unique fighting system', this means that when you do try to dodge, sometimes you can still get hit or the game just will not let you. Add to that the fact you're fighting a Centurion, you're in a pickle. So I agree with Him, people should be nerfed, otherwise the game will never be balanced.

While I'm here, I'll also mention the problem of Guard Breaks. With the problem I mentioned, if you do manage to dodge, some heroes can cancel their unblockables, therefore letting them guard break you without resistance. I for one hate this, as when you try to dodge an unblockable attack and not risk parrying it to due low health, this is a problem. However, add on the fact you could be out of stamina, this means that no matter what you do, you could be knocked over and that's that. And before you type, "Then parry it and if you die it's your own fault for timing it wrong". Again, this game is known for being quite broken. A friend of mine once timed a parry correctly (The stance flashed red yadyada), but still died. Both he and his opponent had a low latency so lag wasn't a factor. Maybe I'm spouting lies but this has been my experience and opinion. No need to yell at someone because they're telling you something.

Tomoprofh
11-21-2018, 04:56 AM
For Honor should NOT be about 400ms light attacks, with unreadable animations and softfeints, bashes at every possible combination. If you are really good, you should be able to react to all attacks.

Easy fix Patch notes:
-Parry for every characters now does an automatic follow up side light attack with garanteed hit. (except fullguard, which is unchanged) (Same fixed punish for heavy and light parry) This attack can NOT be used for future combos.
-Every character's health has been reduced by 33%
-Guardbreak will now be only used to break guards. Can be counterguardbreaked even if caught while dodging or wind-up heavyattack, BUT can not be counterguardbreaked while guarding (standing still or doing fullguard)
Maybe--> (-Dodging deflect has been removed from the game.)
-Emotion animation now can only be stopped after 2 seconds. (except Highlander offense stance emote which is a skill, not a real emotion.)