PDA

View Full Version : Tournament ornaments question

iiRAINBOW_DASH
02-22-2018, 12:01 AM
Are the tourney ornaments RNG or do you get ornaments based on the heroes you win with. Cause I need that Gladiator ornament.

David_gorda
02-22-2018, 12:03 AM
Rng

EvoX.
02-22-2018, 12:09 AM
RNG.

But hey, look at the bright side - you'll have to win only 36 tournaments at most to get it. What a flawless design.

iiRAINBOW_DASH
02-22-2018, 12:21 AM
Are you guys sure? I just won two tourney in a row. First one with Shaman and got a Shaman ornaments. Second one with Kensei and just got TWO Kensei ornaments. LOL let's get it.

EvoX.
02-22-2018, 12:37 AM
Are you guys sure? I just won two tourney in a row. First one with Shaman and got a Shaman ornaments. Second one with Kensei and just got TWO Kensei ornaments. LOL let's get it.

You either got extremely lucky or this is another Season 5 change the devs didn't feel like listing.

Gallow-
02-22-2018, 12:42 AM
Are the tourney ornaments RNG or do you get ornaments based on the heroes you win with. Cause I need that Gladiator ornament.

It's based on the heroes you win the final... but if u already have the ornamen , it's random (100% sure).

In fact, they did change that at season 4

EvoX.
02-22-2018, 01:03 AM
It's based on the heroes you win the final... but if u already have the ornamen , it's random (100% sure).

In fact, they did change that at season 4

Untrue, I've won a number of times with PK trying to get her crown, and it gave me various other heroes' legendary tier ornaments, until the 7th or so win.

Gallow-
02-22-2018, 01:27 AM
Untrue, I've won a number of times with PK trying to get her crown, and it gave me various other heroes' legendary tier ornaments, until the 7th or so win.

Duel Tournament
Tournament Rewards
New exclusive Tournament rewards were added for Season 4. Season 3 rewards are not available anymore.
Tournament rewards now prioritize the last played Hero in that Tournament. For example, if you played the Orochi during all qualifier matches and played the Warlord during the finals; you will get a Warlord reward. If you already have acquired all the rewards for the last hero played, the reward system will be giving you a reward for a random Hero.

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/updates/season-4-order-havoc/index.aspx

EvoX.
02-22-2018, 01:39 AM
Duel Tournament
Tournament Rewards
New exclusive Tournament rewards were added for Season 4. Season 3 rewards are not available anymore.
Tournament rewards now prioritize the last played Hero in that Tournament. For example, if you played the Orochi during all qualifier matches and played the Warlord during the finals; you will get a Warlord reward. If you already have acquired all the rewards for the last hero played, the reward system will be giving you a reward for a random Hero.

That's cool, but as I already said - it took 7 wins to get the crown. Kept getting ornaments for other heroes I don't even use. So clearly this doesn't function as it should.

Kelson27
02-22-2018, 02:23 AM
*SIGH*....

Depressing. So far I haven't even managed to get into a tournament.

bob333e
02-22-2018, 03:19 AM
Duel Tournament
Tournament Rewards

Sadly enough, this isn't working as intended at all.

People are still half-arsing the Qualifiers with the hero for whom they want the ornament, then proceed to switch heroes as of Quarter Finals and go super-cheesey from there (they mostly switch to Gladiators, Shamans, Shinobis, etc).

The entire ranked duel tournament mode needs a revamp. Along with its rewards. You shouldn't be allowed to switch heroes, like ever, once you select a hero and join the tournament. They should also increase per-match and end-tournament Steel and XP, and you only unlock stuff for the one hero you are using. If you're done with, say, Orochi tournament rewards, and you would like Valkyrie tournament rewards, you must play Valkyrie in the entire tournament (depends on reward tier whether you're required to win).

Also, the rank badges are a joke. They're literally useless. They need to be given some sort of tangible purpose rather than the "lookie at my gold shiny badge right here, I'm more skilled than you" during tournament matches. They need to have some use outside tournament. Like I dunno, an aura or something according to your rank, like how the Brotherhood Of Blood did it in Dark Souls 2. As well as XP/Steel boosts in any mode according to your rank (ranks reset every season anyway, so I don't see how this would impact the gameplay negatively).

And, all the spots where matches take place in the tournament, should be ledgeless and without OHK enviro hazards.

Vakris_One
02-22-2018, 03:45 AM
That's cool, but as I already said - it took 7 wins to get the crown. Kept getting ornaments for other heroes I don't even use. So clearly this doesn't function as it should.
That's strange. I've won tournaments with Kensei, Highlander and Aramusha and they all dropped that hero's particular ornament(s) the first time. It only drops the ornaments when you win the finals match btw.