PDA

View Full Version : How new dedicated server works

PecarCZ
02-21-2018, 10:44 PM
GG for me nothing change 7/8 games per 10 got error/dc. Got all port open and try turn off antivirus and other programs nothing help.For honor is only game where i have problems all other games (dedicated or p2p) works normal.GG ubisoft most trash company.

UbiJurassic
02-21-2018, 11:25 PM
GG for me nothing change 7/8 games per 10 got error/dc. Got all port open and try turn off antivirus and other programs nothing help.For honor is only game where i have problems all other games (dedicated or p2p) works normal.GG ubisoft most trash company.
There is an issue where some errors leading to a session disconnection will display "Connection Lost" error. We have more granular error codes, including latency kick, that are not currently being displayed due to a game client bug.The team is actively working on this issue so that we can better diagnose what the issues effecting you are.

Mini1900
02-22-2018, 12:01 AM
I have to say its worse than without dedi, I mean u CANT join a game in middle without LAGG or getting kicked / Error . I dont know, As we play beta on dedicated , there were NO problems at all ! Do we have Dedicated at all? I dont see any changes but new BUGS , also new Message bug when someone join the game, the player x join the game , and u get the message " u joind the player x season ! wtf idk.
We will wait anyway to get it work @ Ubi

Vakris_One
02-22-2018, 04:13 AM
There is an issue where some errors leading to a session disconnection will display "Connection Lost" error. We have more granular error codes, including latency kick, that are not currently being displayed due to a game client bug.The team is actively working on this issue so that we can better diagnose what the issues effecting you are.
For Honor is still leaking a ton of memory since the Season 5 update. I frequently catch it using double the system RAM of what it normally should be. Its optimal/recommended PC specs are 8GB system RAM, I'm seeing it using 16GB RAM since the Season 5 update. Fortunately my PC can still handle this because I have 32GB RAM in that bad girl but for people who have less it will make their game stutter and cause their FPS to go down.

Until the devs fix the memory leak issue some people will be getting kicked from matches because the game is detecting that they have low FPS and/or lagging and will kick them out but wrongfully tell them it was a "Connection Loss" due to the issue you mentioned with error messages. They have to fix the memory leak issue first as this is a big problem that is interferring with people's experience of the dedicated servers.

In the PTS beta for the servers we didn't have a memory leak issue and thus everyone really saw the difference in how silky smooth the game was on servers. Once the memory leak is fixed things will get better.

CandleInTheDark
02-22-2018, 04:22 AM
For Honor is still leaking a ton of memory since the Season 5 update. I frequently catch it using double the system RAM of what it normally should be. Its optimal/recommended PC specs are 8GB system RAM, I'm seeing it using 16GB RAM since the Season 5 update. Fortunately my PC can still handle this because I have 32GB RAM in that bad girl but for people who have less it will make their game stutter and cause their FPS to go down.

Until the devs fix the memory leak issue some people will be getting kicked from matches because the game is detecting that they have low FPS and/or lagging and will kick them out but wrongfully tell them it was a "Connection Loss" due to the issue you mentioned with error messages. They have to fix the memory leak issue first as this is a big problem that is interferring with people's experience of the dedicated servers.

In the PTS beta for the servers we didn't have a memory leak issue and thus everyone really saw the difference in how silky smooth the game was on servers. Once the memory leak is fixed things will get better.

I am wondering if this is just the PC. I have heard my xbox have to work harder on occasion. now obviously xbox games are made to one specification though I have had the odd boss fight cause lag if they went too long and have special effects(happened to me on witcher 3 on the second last boss, then my next fight against that boss he got bugged and was a crash test dummy, I would usually have restarted but thought screw it), I am thinking more the lifespan of my console in this.

Vakris_One
02-22-2018, 04:32 AM
I am wondering if this is just the PC. I have heard my xbox have to work harder on occasion. now obviously xbox games are made to one specification though I have had the odd boss fight cause lag if they went too long and have special effects, I am thinking more the lifespan of my console in this.
I'm not sure how consoles experience a memory leak or whether they even can since the game is tailor made to their specs. If you're hearing the fan working more than usual while playing For Honor whereas it didn't make so much noise prior to Season 5 then chances are the CPU/GPU are indeed being taxed harder than before.

I'm not sure if Ubi have said if the memory leak issue is only on PC or whether it's across all platforms.

CandleInTheDark
02-22-2018, 04:48 AM
I'm not sure how consoles experience a memory leak or whether they even can since the game is tailor made to their specs. If you're hearing the fan working more than usual while playing For Honor whereas it didn't make so much noise prior to Season 5 then chances are the CPU/GPU are indeed being taxed harder than before.

I'm not sure if Ubi have said if the memory leak issue is only on PC or whether it's across all platforms.

In fairness, I realised after posting that when I had tossed some letters to deal with tomorrow they had landed on my console which is pretty much covering the fan, that could be part,most or all of it, I've been at work more than I have played since season 5 dropped.

Games can,at least unintentionally, tax the console, the laggy boss fight that comes to mind was one on witcher 3 where an enemy attack had an effect, it would have been fine if it disappeared before the next attack that produced that effect but after a drag out brawl my console was trying to deal with twenty of them and decided NOPE not doing it, I had wondered based on your post if something similar was happening.

Tyrjo
02-22-2018, 08:14 AM

I hear this when I watch executions in the hero menues. The fans on my PS4 Pro goes absolutely crazy. I think it's because it tries to render them in unlocked FPS.

Sintax.nolife
02-22-2018, 08:39 AM
Yesterday and day before were everything fine. Today is unplayable- spend time in que and loading screens, just to get kicked out.

Vakris_One
02-22-2018, 02:25 PM
Despite only having to run games on one tailor made specification consoles can still overtax themselves and there's no way to lower unneeded graphics options or shove another fan in there to increase the lifespan of the CPU and GPU.

It's why I finally gave up playing on consoles after decades of being primarily a console player - owned a Sega Megadrive, PS1, N64, PS2, Gamecube and PS3. When my PS3 slim died due to overheating barely 2 years into its life and took all my saved game files with it, because of Sony's ridiculous restriction of locking the hardrive to the console it was first used in - I decided it was time to move on from consoles.

The build quality has been steadily declining and just isn't there anymore. I still have my original PS1, N64 and Gamecube and they all still work perfectly. My first PS2 was repaired once but it still works to this day. PS3? Dead, after a paltry 2 years of use. No option to repair/replace the CPU. No way in hell would I ever buy the current gen of console just to have it turn into a glorified paper weight less than 3 years into its life.

The PC; I can open it up, put more fans in, swap out its hardware, upgrade it, repair or replace anything that might break. Not be at the tender mercies of some greedy company cutting corners in their manufacturing process because they would prefer you to have to buy their product again and again and again instead of replacing a single component that costs pennies to manufacture.

That's right, I'm STILL salty about my PS3 SONY!!! :p

PDXGorechild
02-22-2018, 02:26 PM
My PS4 sounds like itís about to launch into orbit when I play For Honor.

Shuriko666
02-22-2018, 04:10 PM
I was optimistic after hearing dedicated servers were gonna go live, but after reading all the comments thats popping up with lag, and NAT errors this game still feels like a deadweight in the water.

UbiJurassic
02-22-2018, 07:39 PM

We have the team testing to find out the root cause of the issue. If I get more info on it, I'l be sure to keep people updated.

The best way to assist us in solving the issue is to share your system and game files (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/Details/kA030000000emSbCAI?name=how-to-submit-dxdiag-and-msinfo-files) with the support team (support.ubi.com) so that they can use in to further investigate the issue.