PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator Defense Pathetic After Recent Patch

LittleTreeYeen
02-21-2018, 10:16 PM
The latest changes to the game have been hard on the gladiators defensive capabilities. There seems to be an over abundance of attacks that have high levels of dodge tracking especially with the new hero changes. This means that the gladiator has to rely heavily on his half second shield. The gladiator is at and extreme defensive disadvantage the same way the shinobi was when he was first released. Dodging is too risky, and blocking only works half the time for gladiator, his aggressive plays are easily countered with 400ms lights. NO HERO should have such poor defensive capabilities, The small block time is inconsistent of all other assassins. Eliminating inconsistency should be a top priority. The ability to play defensive should always be a somewhat viable option for an assassin, for gladiator it is still a risky play.

Knight_Raime
02-21-2018, 10:21 PM
Considering gladiators feints are so good that he can beat out almost all other feint options i'd say no.
And dodging has always been risky if it's you're go to option to defend yourself. Gladatior has always collapsed when being pressured. the idea with centurion like shinobi is to keep the pressure on or keep your distance till an opening arises.

LittleTreeYeen
02-21-2018, 10:28 PM
right the idea with shinobi is to keep your distance then apply pressure when you can, but even shinobi has the same defensive capabilities as the other assassins, centurion even has a full guard. It's been so easy for people to apply pressure on one another after the parry changes, gladiators small guard simply cant keep up with the pressure of his opponents. It doesn't matter how many feints you throw out with glad when people can throw out 400ms lights and stop everything he does, he needs to be consistent with the other assassins. 50% of the time I get hit as gladiator is because I get caught in a dodge or my shield runs out. when your shield runs out in 4s, one hit can mean instant death.

Warbyte-
02-21-2018, 10:37 PM
i play Valk and in season 5 my dodge is not as usefull as it used to be,On the other hand Kensei has a dodge attack thats literally 360 degrees that u cant dodge or do anything

Warbyte-
02-21-2018, 10:46 PM
and i forgot to mention i cant dodge the Highlander kick now,,with Valk.

Knight_Raime
02-22-2018, 12:17 AM
right the idea with shinobi is to keep your distance then apply pressure when you can, but even shinobi has the same defensive capabilities as the other assassins, centurion even has a full guard. It's been so easy for people to apply pressure on one another after the parry changes, gladiators small guard simply cant keep up with the pressure of his opponents. It doesn't matter how many feints you throw out with glad when people can throw out 400ms lights and stop everything he does, he needs to be consistent with the other assassins. 50% of the time I get hit as gladiator is because I get caught in a dodge or my shield runs out. when your shield runs out in 4s, one hit can mean instant death.

Centurion doesn't have full guard. Do you mean static guard? because of course he would. he's not an assassin.
And no. Shinobi's guard decay is still faster compared to most assassins. They just made it so it wasn't as short as it was at launch. If you go back and look at the patch notes for when it was buffed you'll see this.

You saying his feints don't matter means you clearly don't understand why his feints are great. His feint game beats any other feint game. the 400ms lights on zerker will still be beaten by his feint. since the zerker has to feint a heavy first to get that 400ms light. His feints are faster and he's got better reach. If you're being hit while you're feinting either your reaction isn't as good as you might think or you're feinting at the wrong time.

That being said I wouldn't mind if his guard decay was brought up to shinobis. Both would still not have their guard up as long as normal assassins.

Card1acArrest
02-22-2018, 02:44 PM
Warbyte, regarding Valkyrie: Is this the dodge attack or just a dodge?

Warbyte-
02-22-2018, 03:42 PM
both of them.everyone else has better dodge/dodge attack than the Valk(since season 5).İts like while the Valk dodges in a flat line to either sides,Kensei,berserker etc do the same in a 360degree curve

CandleInTheDark
02-22-2018, 05:52 PM
I quite like that the gladiator's block timing is on a par with parry timing, while usually I will dodge for the whiff punish whether light or buckler bash, it keeps me in the right timing to parry then parry punish for like 90% of their stamina, go in with a buckler smash and you're looking at an opponent in the grey.

Am I going to survive 1v4? Really, should I? It's on me to not wind up in that kind of situation, but 1v1or 1v2 I don't consider an issue.