PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den February 22nd

CandleInTheDark
02-21-2018, 08:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdXNFpWee2E/

No info dump from Eric yet, I will post it if there is one, I just wanted to open this thread to questions to pin up top.

As to future Dens, if there is no one else to do it (and I will assume so unless I know before wednesday 7 UTC 2 Eastern, so around this time), I run on a rolling shift pattern,I am off work every other thursday. Those thursdays I am off obviously I can do the recap on the day, thursdays I am at work, I am going to need to post the link to the reddit recap if I see one before I go to work and then watch the Den come saturday afternoon to put up a full one. It isn't perfect and if there is anyone who can do it every week on time I will happily leave it to them, but generally I am getting ready for work at the time the Den is on and I rarely turn on my xbox in the middle of a few nights on shift, especially three as it is in my wednesday to friday pattern, let alone have the energy to write about gaming lol.

Community questions from the forum

Ngallo22: Can the zone attack have its own dedicated button? Maybe R3?

I do not think many of us feel 100% confident throwing it out, which is an issue because we should feel 100% confident that a button will do its job.

I know the "camera center" is R3 but i do not think many people use it. A button reconfiguration option would be useful with the option to make R3 a zone attack.

Ngallo22: Change the "map vote" to also act as the "ready" button and remove the "ready" button, so selecting a map will also mean the player is ready.

Not enough people choose a map, possibly they don't have the time to choose since they are deploying or changing gear.

Soldier of Dawn: Could it be made possible to combine two( or more) effects on the same execution, idle, and emote slot in the future?

Charmzzz: Question: Which Heroes are next for Reworks / Major Tweaks?

ChampionRuby50g: When we vote for a map, can it be possible to change our map vote? I accidentally vote the wrong map sometimes, and it’s sucks that I can’t fix my vote to my preferred choice.

Waynedetta4k: 1, Now that Guard Break after Parry isnt a thing anymore. Will there be changes to Guardbreak so it could be more than a counter to dodges. I mean making it more useful/harder to CGB?
2, I heard about the Arena Mode, any new Information about that, I would like to know how it will work, like a winner stands mode? Iam waiting for that a year now!
3, Whats the general Idea for the future in regards of making recovery times slower and attacks faster?

Takuram: Would it be possible to make the "Extended Region" on the South American region to match with the whole American Continent?
Our playerbase is too small, and our ping with north americans is ok ( I'm able to play everyday with them - by entering a foreign party - with no issues ).

Brutal DaDo: 1) is there a chance to get tozen’s kick for orochi? 2) after all the reworks for the OG characters is there a chance to get a punch or maybe a knee to the stomach for berserker as an opener ?

Recap

Preshow music is on, do this, let's \m/<(-_-)>\m/

And we, are, live.

Apollyon took away my rock Den theme, wait until I get into test your metal next.

Test your metal trailer!

Test your metal is the most played event mode.

Going to be a shorter one than last week, they do have new stuff to talk about though.

News of the week.

Today, live update, this enabled version 2 of test your metal and it fixed the conqueror infinite exploit.

Dedicated servers dropped PC last monday.

They refreshed us on what they revealed last week about the Apollyon's Legacy event.

Anyone grinding event gear, there is a list on reddit. The Apollyon gear items are named after metal music.

Dedicated servers, the first numbers show that overall stability has had very high levels of improvement, apparently better that the open test. (Forum posts would tend to go against that but people are rarely as loud when they are happy). Small improvements such as no resynchs.

One thing they are seeing is that the improvement on dominion is not on par with the other game modes, they are looking into that. It is more a bug on the game side rather than the servers.

The zombie sessions bug in dominion is something they have actively worked on. Those sessions are being put in quarantine when the game identifies them after the maintenance so they can't spread like a virus as they were before,it used to be the session did not die,people would quit and more would be sucked in in mid game flow.

They are also working on memory leak. Support tickets help with this.

Apollyon's Legacy Week 2

Opponents increase in difficulty and it is now best of 7. Week 2's emblem is also now unlocked. First round is still pretty accessible. The bosses have new abilities and they have another step of increased difficulty as well as a steeper difficulty curve.

Extra loot fest this weekend, starts 23rd and lasts three days.

Bend the knee order, kill as many followers of Apollyon as you can.

Weekly content is the bundle,this is available until 12th march, 25,000 dynamic price (goes down with unlocks) steel. Also two new emotes, Down the Hatch and Rub Salt into the wound. These are emotes with effects, normal price is 10,000, they are 7000 this week. They will always be available to be bought.

Community corner already, so unless they have a Q&A after or during this was pretty short, will listen out during to see what is revealed.

They spoke about dedicated servers on console. As they told us, they released to PC so they can see what is going on and they can push changes through quickly. Things are going pretty well currently so they will come sooner rather than later. They have no ETA yet though they might next week, they are talking about weeks, not months.

Oupyz
02-21-2018, 08:36 PM
welcome back Candle :) .

Knight_Raime
02-21-2018, 09:51 PM
<3 you candle

EvoX.
02-21-2018, 10:13 PM
PogChamp

bob333e
02-22-2018, 03:08 AM
Just saw this (didn't see it pinned/stickied), thanks a lot again Candle, for helping again with the recaps. I'd only ask that you take it even easier now. Don't let this, under any circumstance, get in the way of your new, busier schedule. As someone who's hearing-impaired and prefers to read good, detailed recaps over watching a video with sub-human english subs auto-generated by Youtube, I'm one of those who would feel guilt if you rushed to bring out the recap and messed something in your workday / free time / relax time. Always prioritize your own work/life balance. I'll be totally fine if I read the recap on saturday or so. No rush man.

CandleInTheDark
02-22-2018, 04:06 AM
Just saw this (didn't see it pinned/stickied), thanks a lot again Candle, for helping again with the recaps. I'd only ask that you take it even easier now. Don't let this, under any circumstance, get in the way of your new, busier schedule. As someone who's hearing-impaired and prefers to read good, detailed recaps over watching a video with sub-human english subs auto-generated by Youtube, I'm one of those who would feel guilt if you rushed to bring out the recap and messed something in your workday / free time / relax time. Always prioritize your own work/life balance. I'll be totally fine if I read the recap on saturday or so. No rush man.

Thanks, honestly most of the time I am off shift, I am home, I am not all too social, so those times are not so much an issue. Obviously as you said the priority for me on work days is work, and in a string of them perhaps letting my family know I still exist in the time I am awake and at home lol since I wake evening, am out at night, back and in bed in the morning. I'll be sure to mind I am taking care of my own life balance on those days.

Ngallo22
02-22-2018, 04:31 AM
Question: Can zone attack be a single button? R3 for example. be able to switch it with guardbreak maybe? I don't think too many people use the camera center function and it would be better off as a dedicated zone. Should be confident itll go off 100% of the time, nothing less

Ngallo22
02-22-2018, 04:58 AM
Question rephrased because i sounded illiterate lol:

Can the zone attack have its own dedicated button? Maybe R3?

I do not think many of us feel 100% confident throwing it out, which is an issue because we should feel 100% confident that a button will do its job.

I know the "camera center" is R3 but i do not think many people use it. A button reconfiguration option would be useful with the option to make R3 a zone attack.

Thanks.

Ngallo22
02-22-2018, 04:59 AM
Change the "map vote" to also act as the "ready" button and remove the "ready" button.

So selecting a map will also mean the player is ready.

Not enough people choose a map/ have the time to choose since they are deploying or changing gear.

CandleInTheDark
02-22-2018, 05:20 AM
Question rephrased because i sounded illiterate lol:

Can the zone attack have its own dedicated button? Maybe R3?

Thanks.

Welcome, I restructured that second one a little to make it read a little better,let me know if it needs changing.

Change the "map vote" to also act as the "ready" button and remove the "ready" button, so selecting a map will also mean the player is ready.

Not enough people choose a map, possibly they don't have the time to choose since they are deploying or changing gear.

I am assuming under this system people would be kicked for not indicating they are ready by choosing a map? I have seen the suggestion this week but can't recall if it was you, if so it might be worth working that into the question.

Soldier_of_Dawn
02-22-2018, 06:00 AM
Same question as last time:

* Could it be made possible to combine two( or more) effects on the same execution, idle, and emote slot in the future?

madara_mesh
02-22-2018, 07:39 AM
Stance is Toggle button (L2).
They are switching targets at R3.
This case, Zone attacks are not good with R3.

Tundra 793
02-22-2018, 07:50 AM
You're a damn hero Candle, thanks for stepping up again.

Though I was really hoping Grey would have returned by now to help out with this.

Charmzzz
02-22-2018, 08:16 AM

Though I was really hoping Grey would have returned by now to help out with this.

Didn't you want to leave? Saw your thread the other day.

Question: Which Heroes are next for Reworks / Major Tweaks?

ChampionRuby50g
02-22-2018, 08:58 AM
To slightly expand on a question already asked; when we vote for a map, can it be possible to change our map vote? I accidentally vote the wrong map sometimes, and itís sucks that I canít fix my vote to my preferred choice.

Tundra 793
02-22-2018, 09:13 AM
Didn't you want to leave? Saw your thread the other day.

I did, and I have. That doesn't mean I can't compliment Candle, and get some closure here, does it?

CandleInTheDark
02-22-2018, 09:14 AM
All added and oi, play nice, people have every right to leave, come back, keep an eye on things in the hope whatever they dislike goes the other direction down the line, whatever.

Welcome, and thank you for stepping in while you did. In terms of Grey, maybe when dedicated servers come in on console since that was his main problem. On that front, Eric said in a reddit post we are talking weeks, not months, which sadly also means not days but eh, right is better than fast.

Charmzzz
02-22-2018, 09:35 AM
All added and oi, play nice, people have every right to leave, come back, keep an eye on things in the hope whatever they dislike goes the other direction down the line, whatever.

There was no offence in my post at all. I just wondered why people open a thread stating they "leave", then come back a few days later. Has a taste of "didnt mean it serious" and "attention", especially his comments in his thread made it clear that he is serious and wont come back. He even told a guy that said "cya later" that he should read his post again and that he only made a thread to tell people some other people have to do the Recap. Turned out the guy was kinda right, eh? Still he got "flamed". I dont like this behaviour.

People should be more reliable in their statements. If you say "I'm calling it quits here." you should not come back 1 day later imo.

Waynedetta40k
02-22-2018, 02:06 PM
Question:

1, Now that Guard Break after Parry isnt a thing anymore. Will there be changes to Guardbreak so it could be more than a counter to dodges. I mean making it more useful/harder to CGB?
2, I heard about the Arena Mode, any new Information about that, I would like to know how it will work, like a winner stands mode? Iam waiting for that a year now!
3, Whats the general Idea for the future in regards of making recovery times slower and attacks faster?

Takuram
02-22-2018, 02:07 PM
Ok, my question:

Would it be possible to make the "Extended Region" on the South American region to match with the whole American Continent?
Our playerbase is too small, and our ping with north americans is ok ( I'm able to play everyday with them - by entering a foreign party - with no issues ).

CandleInTheDark
02-22-2018, 02:17 PM
All added

Brutal_DaDo
02-22-2018, 02:41 PM
Question: 1) is there a chance to get tozenís kick for orochi? 2) after all the reworks for the OG characters is there a chance to get a punch or maybe a knee to the stomach for berserker as an opener ?

CandleInTheDark
02-22-2018, 06:52 PM
One fully recapped Den, was a short one. No Q&A this week so I will put the questions in this thread into the next one.

UbiJurassic
02-22-2018, 07:44 PM
Thanks for stepping back into doing the recaps on short notice Candle! I know a great many people here appreciate it. :)

FredEx919
02-22-2018, 09:28 PM
One fully recapped Den, was a short one. No Q&A this week so I will put the questions in this thread into the next one.

Was coming in to say mention this very thing. There wasn't a Q&A this week but I'll get the list over to the guys for the next one.

The_B0G_
02-22-2018, 09:41 PM
Does double loot equal double steel as well?

bob333e
02-22-2018, 09:56 PM
Does double loot equal double steel as well?

Nope. And the upcoming 'Extra Steel' event in March 2nd isn't "double" Steel; it's extra Steel. I wager, like, 20ish extra Steel per match.

Yay.

There's a difference when they use "double" and "extra" (Double XP event was indeed double XP). And we all know how the Extra Loot during the Frost Wind Festival went. We still had screens saying "no loot found".

bob333e
02-22-2018, 10:02 PM
Candle, thanks much for the swift recap. And good to know it was a rather brief Den; you weren't pressured in covering a lot of things.

I'm just glad they fixed the Conq's exploit.

The_B0G_
02-22-2018, 11:20 PM
Nope. And the upcoming 'Extra Steel' event in March 2nd isn't "double" Steel; it's extra Steel. I wager, like, 20ish extra Steel per match.

Yay.

There's a difference when they use "double" and "extra" (Double XP event was indeed double XP). And we all know how the Extra Loot during the Frost Wind Festival went. We still had screens saying "no loot found".

Meh... Pass.

EvoX.
02-23-2018, 05:26 PM

Yay.

Nice, effing 20 extra steel, possibly 21? Time to get rich, don't wait for me.

Tundra 793
02-26-2018, 01:12 AM
There was no offence in my post at all. I just wondered why people open a thread stating they "leave", then come back a few days later. Has a taste of "didnt mean it serious" and "attention", especially his comments in his thread made it clear that he is serious and wont come back. He even told a guy that said "cya later" that he should read his post again and that he only made a thread to tell people some other people have to do the Recap. Turned out the guy was kinda right, eh? Still he got "flamed". I dont like this behaviour.

People should be more reliable in their statements. If you say "I'm calling it quits here." you should not come back 1 day later imo

I considered responding via PM, but since you responded here publicly, I felt it only fair to respond in kind.

Perhaps my "I'm Out" thread could have been worded more clearly, perhaps I should have formulated a better post, but I didn't think such clarification was needed, nor did I believe I'd receive admonishment for complimenting another member on reacting to an actual consequence of my thread when no one else would.

But all of this is pointless. I, like all other members, have the right to post my thoughts here, without getting admonished or told-off through ad-hominen attack posts. You're polite enough, sure, but your post essentially calls me out as attention seeking, while suggesting I'm not to post here ever again, by virtue of 1 vague statement I made.

That guy you refer to, did not simply say "cya later", he also called me out as being attention seeking, dismissing everything I'd written out of hand. He was addressed by several other members in the same manner in which he addressed me, which was not the most polite manner one could have done it. But even UbiJurassic stepped in to correct him, in favor of me, that's sort of telling.
He also apologized for his remarks, which I accepted.

That guy was not right, as he assumed my thread was entirely self-serving and attention seeking, just like you're doing now.

I will not apologize for thanking Candle for accepting the responsiblity I left behind in a timely manner you find unbecoming, and just like everyone else, I'm free to post here as frequently, or infrequently, as I want, free from accusations about my personal motivations for doing so.

Saying you meant no offense, does not excuse you from offenses then perceived.

CandleInTheDark
02-26-2018, 10:22 AM
I kept quiet on the other thread and said nothing more than simmer down in this one because I believe people can fight their own battles but you know what, screw that.

If Tundra had not posted that thread, what do you think would have happened thursday? I certainly wouldn't have put this thread up, odds are better than even i wouldn't have even watched the Den as I slacked on watching them when they fell on my days off for the same reason a lot of people benefit from the recaps,so if Tundra disappears, this thread doesn't go up, but Tundra had the common courtesy to say this game is going in a direction not fun for me, I need to call time and gets slated for it? Seriously?

Tundra has been around for long enough even without the Den recaps people would wonder what was going on if suddenly there was no Tundra around, that and the Den were the same reason I made a post when I had to unplug from a lot of stuff including gaming and this place for my own mental well being and as Tundra said, it says a lot that even a community rep corrected the person who was snide over it in the other thread. Tundra took the time to do this at a time that I needed to myself in order to adjust to a different work pattern, and who was it, by the by, that did it on practically zero notice when I had the sick bug?

That would be Tundra also.

So I am going to say something I haven't seen too much of.

Thank you Tundra.

Marttin315
02-27-2018, 03:57 PM
My friend lost his gear for every character and when he login next day he have it all good but next day no gear and this happening everytime please help and i don't know how to contact ubisoft directy.

CandleInTheDark
02-27-2018, 04:30 PM
My friend lost his gear for every character and when he login next day he have it all good but next day no gear and this happening everytime please help and i don't know how to contact ubisoft directy.

Go to https://forhonorgame.com , on the top left of that page is the ubisoft logo, hover on that and at the bottom is a box saying support. Click on that and go to the bottom of the page that brings up, you are looking for a blue box saying contact customer support. The rest should be pretty obvious from there.