PDA

View Full Version : New characters or more reworks

Cliff_001
02-21-2018, 04:16 PM
Just curious if people's opinions changed after seeing how berzerker, kensei, and conq turned out. Do you still want more characters reworked, or would new characters be somthing you would like to be added into the game again?

The_B0G_
02-21-2018, 04:23 PM
Just curious if people's opinions changed after seeing how berzerker, kensei, and conq turned out. Do you still want more characters reworked, or would new characters be somthing you would like to be added into the game again?

The DLC characters almost feel like they're from a different game than the OG characters, after the reworks, especially conq and Kensei, they seem brought up to the level as the DLC characters.

That being said, they should finish reworking all characters before making any new ones, get this game balanced before bringing anything else in to the mix.

BTTrinity
02-21-2018, 04:38 PM

I'm liking the new reworks so far. 4v4's they can be a bit hard to deal with cuz A LOT of unblockables lately but nothing thats IMPOSSIBLE to deal with. They certainly did a good job bringing up the OG cast to the DLC cast.

EvoX.
02-21-2018, 04:55 PM
I definitely prefer reworks to new heroes which will most likely just unbalance the game even more.

bob333e
02-21-2018, 05:36 PM
I'd happily vote for reworks over more new heroes anyday.

Proper balance is a must. Reducing the gaps in "advantage mechanics" between the existing heroes is a must. And most of all, normalizing and solidifying For Honor's core combat system rules across the entire roster, is also a must. That means also the DLC heroes need major tweaks; not just the OG cast.

I know in such games, "perfect" balance will never be achieved, but they can try to come close to that. Though, this remains very debatable. The recent reworks are a telltale of For Honor taking a very different route, one that might disconnect it from its original vision and goal by a wide margin and reach the point of no return.

The new reworks aren't 100% bad, nor 100% good. But if every rework will involve faster attacks, faster unblockables, moar unblockables, stronger bleed procs... then the For Honor we all knew will be long dead. It will be an entirely different mashfest game. One I will not be around to experience.

DoodTheMan
02-21-2018, 08:27 PM
Neither.

I'd rather they focused that energy on fixing bugs and improving other areas of the game. Hell, instead of reworking characters, rework some of the worse maps.

Oupyz
02-21-2018, 08:42 PM
I'd happily vote for reworks over more new heroes anyday.

Proper balance is a must. Reducing the gaps in "advantage mechanics" between the existing heroes is a must. And most of all, normalizing and solidifying For Honor's core combat system rules across the entire roster, is also a must. That means also the DLC heroes need major tweaks; not just the OG cast.

I know in such games, "perfect" balance will never be achieved, but they can try to come close to that. Though, this remains very debatable. The recent reworks are a telltale of For Honor taking a very different route, one that might disconnect it from its original vision and goal by a wide margin and reach the point of no return.

The new reworks aren't 100% bad, nor 100% good. But if every rework will involve faster attacks, faster unblockables, moar unblockables, stronger bleed procs... then the For Honor we all knew will be long dead. It will be an entirely different mashfest game. One I will not be around to experience.

I Play Bushi/Centurion/Shaman/Kensei/Glad/Raider .

and everytime i try to mash buttom i get parried and punished , i'am not sure why u people thinking mashing buttons is how the game is working now (1v1 , perspective ) , i think the game is about skill more and being patient more than anything else . ( again personal opinion from duel mode ) .

to answer the question reworking the original cast .

bob333e
02-21-2018, 08:49 PM
I Play Bushi/Centurion/Shaman/Kensei/Glad/Raider .

and everytime i try to mash buttom i get parried and punished , i'am not sure why u people thinking mashing buttons is how the game is working now (1v1 , perspective ) , i think the game is about skill more and being patient more than anything else . ( again personal opinion from duel mode ) .

to answer the question reworking the original cast .

I inferred all game modes combined. And particularly where the stacked issues become exacerbating: 4v4s.

Also, mashfest wasn't a reference to button-mashing. Mashfest, how I intended to communicate the word, is a mishmash of unblockables, status effects, hyperarmors etc that, stacked altogether, really bring down the skill threshold of this game and it all becomes about who has faster/more unblockables/stuns/bleeds and who will land the free hits first. Apologies if I miscommunicated the word.

Diresins_PSN
02-21-2018, 09:39 PM
I love the idea of reworking characters, i.e. giving them new moves. Keeps things fresh, and revitalizes heroes.

Knight_Raime
02-21-2018, 09:47 PM
Season 5 is supposed to rework the whole OG roster. so I don't really think it's a question of either that or new heros aha.
Though I would like to see new heros at some point i'd rather all heros (including dlc) are sorted out before we add more into the mix.