PDA

View Full Version : (petition) give us a way to change server locations please

InnnFIRmus
02-21-2018, 01:25 PM
please it has to be a way to deal with matchmaking at none peeks hours on my region, I dont want to use a VPN software anymore, like in R6S I really want to play this game and I dont care if I get disconected the whole day trying to find 1 dominion match, and of course I dont care about ping/lag but please before its too late

FredEx919
02-21-2018, 03:48 PM
I can't promise anything that hasn't been put into place, but we're seeing this suggestion pretty frequently and have passed it over to the rest of the team.. We'll be keeping you all updated with any upcoming changes to the system as we go along.

bob333e
02-21-2018, 04:07 PM
please it has to be a way to deal with matchmaking at none peeks hours on my region, I dont want to use a VPN software anymore, like in R6S I really want to play this game and I dont care if I get disconected the whole day trying to find 1 dominion match, and of course I dont care about ping/lag but please before its too late

I agree. We should be able to manually set our matchmaking ranges / settings, or leave it on auto and let it auto-assign regions.

I can't promise anything that hasn't been put into place, but we're seeing this suggestion pretty frequently and have passed it over to the rest of the team.. We'll be keeping you all updated with any upcoming changes to the system as we go along.

Thank you. Please also consider making the regions a bit more informative, when dedicated servers are fully implemented. For instance instead of "strict", "wide", "extended" etc, we should have regions showing as "Central Asia", "Eastern Europe", "North America", etc. And be able to manually choose, or let it auto-assign a region based on ping / server response. Thanks again.

The_B0G_
02-21-2018, 04:39 PM
The only problem I see with this is the fact it will give people who aren't in areas with lower player bases a worse experience in game due to your bad connection with them.

Maybe if it put you in with other people who are having problems finding players it could work.

WastedPunk
02-21-2018, 06:44 PM
Just like the guy above me said.The player base of this game is already very low.This will just make the players playing from certain locations (Africa,South-east Asia,Middle east etc.) Never be able to find a game.

bob333e
02-21-2018, 06:55 PM
Or they could make it like Dark Souls 3 did it. You can set the matchmaking to either "regional" or "open". Regional being only within your region to optimize ping and stuff, and open being open connection to any region. They could further refine this by making it three major choices: regional, extended regional, and open.

I'm based off in Middle East and I'll likely connect to the Frankfurt servers, but still I'd like to avoid always playing with the same players. I'd like to be able to connect with a wider playerbase should I choose to do so.

If these servers will segment the playerbase based on regions and force people to play mostly locally/regionally, I think I won't linger on this game for much longer. That's not how PvP should be, that's not how matchmaking should be.

This is like giving us a Ferrari Enzo but only allowing us to drive it in the parking lot. What's the point.

Vakris_One
02-21-2018, 07:00 PM
What about instead of letting players select just one server location they give us a menu option that allows us to select the priority of which server locations we want to be connected to from top priority to bottom?

So for example if it's taking too long to find players from your first priority server it will automatically switch to your second priority and so on and so forth until it finds enough players. I think Rocket League do something similiar to this.

CandleInTheDark
02-21-2018, 07:46 PM
As a night shift worker, I would appreciate at least the regions widening further than normal if possible while keeping stability if there is no one playing in my region at 3am, the night before my first shift I am up until 9am so I am in good sleep for work and I generally have to do something else past that 2-3 or so.

GNG.DardyDard
02-22-2018, 01:03 AM
Thats dumb and you're dumb for saying it :^) The whole reason regions are locked in Siege etc is so you don't get "Lang Boi Wang" in your game screaming in Chinese and aimbotting in US servers. In For Honor, it'd be a whole lot worse, I don't want "Bang Wang Jong" in my game having 200ms heavies and 100ms lights because he decided to swap servers for EZ wins. Take a look at PUBG, every game is filled with Chinese hackers, or just overall annoying Korean ****heads screaming "KOREA NUMBA 11111111 XDDDDDD" I don't want that, do you?

Vakris_One
02-22-2018, 01:41 AM
Thats dumb and you're dumb for saying it :^) The whole reason regions are locked in Siege etc is so you don't get "Lang Boi Wang" in your game screaming in Chinese and aimbotting in US servers. In For Honor, it'd be a whole lot worse, I don't want "Bang Wang Jong" in my game having 200ms heavies and 100ms lights because he decided to swap servers for EZ wins. Take a look at PUBG, every game is filled with Chinese hackers, or just overall annoying Korean ****heads screaming "KOREA NUMBA 11111111 XDDDDDD" I don't want that, do you?
Meh, better than some nerdy a$$ white boy Europeans shouting in the Queen's English, "Deus Vult, deus vult, deus vult, reeeeeeeee!!!" :p

GNG.DardyDard
02-22-2018, 01:57 AM
Meh, better than some nerdy a$$ white boy Europeans shouting in the Queen's English, "Deus Vult, deus vult, deus vult, reeeeeeeee!!!" :p

Atleast you can actually see where those skinny European boys are attacking from, also he speaks (THE BEST LANGUAGE) English so its a double plus.

InnnFIRmus
02-22-2018, 02:17 PM

ok it would be great to see it on near future thanks for the reply , im looking forward to this