PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Test Your Metal - Who's Your Hardest Boss?

bob333e
02-20-2018, 09:49 PM
Who do you find the hardest to fight against, and why?

1- Gudmundr
2- Ragnar
3- Siv
4- Runa
5- Apollyon
6- Stone
7- Mercy
8- Holden Cross
9- Tozen
10- Kisan
11- Ranja
12- Seijuro

For me, it's Siv. She can throw unblockable heavies from neutral left and right like it's nobody's business. Pretty hard to counter if you make 1 mistake. Also, unblockable zone.

Note: poll limit is 10 for some reason, couldn't fit Ranja and Seijuro in there, but oh well, feel free to mention them anyway.

UbiJurassic
02-20-2018, 10:09 PM
Gudmundr gives me night terrors.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l0MYryZTmQgvHI5TG/giphy.gif

AkenoKobayashi
02-20-2018, 10:37 PM
In terms of raw fighting power, I think Gudmundr is definitely the hardest. But Runa's face poking, Mercy's dodge sorcery, and Siv's black magic unblockables are definitely runner ups.

bob333e
02-20-2018, 10:37 PM
Gudmundr gives me night terrors.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l0MYryZTmQgvHI5TG/giphy.gif

Ahahh at least he doesn't get his wolves in Test Your Metal; that would have been a right mess.

Oh wait, will that be Test Your Metal III? O.o

https://media.giphy.com/media/Xjo8pbrphfVuw/giphy.gif

UbiJurassic
02-20-2018, 10:46 PM
Ahahh at least he doesn't get his wolves in Test Your Metal; that would have been a right mess.

Oh wait, will that be Test Your Metal III? O.o

Just act natural! BE THE WOLF!

https://media.giphy.com/media/9MIIkHblc63fPiQBYb/giphy.gif

bob333e
02-20-2018, 10:59 PM
Just act natural! BE THE WOLF!

https://media.giphy.com/media/9MIIkHblc63fPiQBYb/giphy.gif

Damn, I wasn't here this past Halloween... >.< I only started For Honor in November 2017. Oh well.

I'll remain a sheep in the Age of Wolves...

https://media.giphy.com/media/d2lcHJTG5Tscg/giphy.gif

AkenoKobayashi
02-20-2018, 11:02 PM
Can you imagine if his wolves were thrown in ON TOP of the other three enemies. Gawd, what a nightmare.

Alustar.
02-20-2018, 11:04 PM
For me is a route between tozen and runa. I usually how it's me that gets them first so that at the very last I get don't have to deal with the eventual gank if we start losing.
Although mercy did make me rage when she ran up behind me and threw me off a bridge.

bob333e
02-20-2018, 11:17 PM
Can you imagine if his wolves were thrown in ON TOP of the other three enemies. Gawd, what a nightmare.

Right? though now that I think of it, they could be one-shotted in the story mode, requiring only 1 block to knock them down and then one strike to kill them. Shouldn't be too hard.... :P

I know, I'm evil

For me is a route between tozen and runa. I usually how it's me that gets them first so that at the very last I get don't have to deal with the eventual gank if we start losing.
Although mercy did make me rage when she ran up behind me and threw me off a bridge.

I hate Tozen's kick. 1 kick and you're OOS + knocked down.

Runa is a fast pokey-poke one, but provided neither her nor Tozen deflect you, they're both pretty manageable. Their deflects are very frustrating when they land.

Mercy spams side dodge attacks a lot. And whenever you see her running towards you, 85% of the time she'll go for a GB. Let a heavy fly for some free damage.

Alustar.
02-20-2018, 11:24 PM
Right? though now that I think of it, they could be one-shotted in the story mode, requiring only 1 block to knock them down and then one strike to kill them. Shouldn't be too hard.... :P

I know, I'm evil

I hate Tozen's kick. 1 kick and you're OOS + knocked down.

Runa is a fast pokey-poke one, but provided neither her nor Tozen deflect you, they're both pretty manageable. Their deflects are very frustrating when they land.

Mercy spams side dodge attacks a lot. And whenever you see her running towards you, 85% of the time she'll go for a GB. Let a heavy fly for some free damage.

I usually don't even bother letting them attack first. My goal is to burn as much health as I can and work for an execution. Otherwise in stuck camping a corpse and not helping my team.

bannex19
02-21-2018, 01:28 AM
Runa
Stone
Mercy

I hate those three more than the three years I spent in Los Angeles...

Hormly
02-21-2018, 02:32 AM
None of them are hard yet, ask again in week two and three!! I suspect things are
Going to get ugly 😄

The zerker lady is probably the closest to challenging due to her unblockables.

Gudmundr goes down like a sack, because theres only room for one warlord in this mead hall.

The shug annoys me in how large his pool is 😑

JadeBosson.
02-21-2018, 04:06 AM
the yellow orochi and mercy

The_B0G_
02-21-2018, 01:30 PM
Gudmundr and Mercy here, I'm getting better at fighting Gudmundr though, you just have to wait and parry, otherwise you'll be trading every time.

Mercy would be my top difficulty for bosses, I've tried waiting her out to get her to attack first but she will just stare at you and try GB's, which I CGB every time because I know what she's doing. With characters who have hyper armor attacks she can be easy but if you don't she's a pain in the ***. Constant side dodge attacks and any time you get any of the bots low health they run for a power up which is super annoying.

The fact you can run for power ups and get them before anyone catches you is probably the reason Elimination is dead now.

Honorary mentions goto the valk for me as well, that light spam is real.

BTTrinity
02-21-2018, 02:22 PM
Definitely Gudmundr and Stone for me. Runa is my honorable mention tho, that regenerating armor messes me up sometimes.

Hormly
02-21-2018, 03:36 PM
everyone seems to be having issues with Gudmundr, I guess my natural turtliness has made him easy for me. You just need to wait for him to swing and parry

The_B0G_
02-21-2018, 03:48 PM
everyone seems to be having issues with Gudmundr, I guess my natural turtliness has made him easy for me. You just need to wait for him to swing and parry

Yeah that's what I figured out. Everything is a trade with him without a parry.

bob333e
02-21-2018, 04:01 PM
Gudmundr is ez-pez if you mostly parry and punish. You can rarely trade against him, and not all heroes have bashes from neutral to get past his blocking. Parrying is the way, with a little bit of patience because he's a damn tank, takes a while to go down. Also don't try to parry his slow overhead heavy followup, it has wonky timing, better to dodge and punish with GB.

The easiest of all is Seijuro. Seriously, he doesn't even feel like a boss. He feels like some random pleb who bought the most expensive mask outfit.

Hormly
02-21-2018, 05:37 PM
im anxious for week 2 and 3 :O

I like the idea of coop pve content

Vakris_One
02-21-2018, 06:41 PM
None of them really give me much trouble for now. The stuff I've seen in Duel and Ranked 1v1 PvP will turn a man's soul into liquified gellatin. By comparison I feel like I'm Neo reading every move these week 1 AI make straight from the Matrix's code:

https://media.giphy.com/media/zXmbOaTpbY6mA/giphy.gif

:D

The only ones that have come close to being somewhat challenging are Runa with her light attack barrage and split second deflect and Siv when she gets the unblockable trait on her lights and zone. They could both be much more oppressive if they wanted to though. I'm looking forward to week 2 and 3.

#FamousLastWords ;)

Okita_Soji..
02-21-2018, 06:56 PM
For me its Runa with all those damn pokes throw a heavy nice and a while, Gudmundr cause he takes for ever to go down, Cross cause I hate blocking LB's, and Tozen as I have never been deflected so much.

I think the samurai group is the hardest then Vikings followed by the knights. Will be sad when this goes away. This is the mode I play the most now. Used to be dominion but it has gotten stale.

RazireKVD
02-21-2018, 11:57 PM
Runa.

I can take down Gudmundr easily. I'm used to his fighting style and moveset. I've never really had a problem with Warlords, though.

Runa, on the other hand, has enhanced light attack speed, insane direction change abilities, and the miraculous power of foresight, considering she always knows exactly when to dodge into my attacks for a shoulder pin or light attack me out of an attack.
I've never been amazing against Valkyries, but fighting an enhanced Valkyrie is the bane of my killstreak. All other bosses featured I know how to react to everything. Runa? I know how to react, but just never seem to do it fast enough.

bob333e
02-22-2018, 10:13 PM
It's interesting to read many of you are having trouble with Runa. I don't find her problematic (except when she lands that random split-second deflect for the lolz), and one thing to note, 80% of the time I rely on parry punishes to deal with the bosses. Most of them are too weak to parries and easily baited too.

I've just checked out Test Your Metal II earlier today, and from my experience, only Ranja (Samurai), Stone (Knights) and Siv (Vikings) seemed harder. Ranja had unblockable dodge heavies which also seemed to come out faster. Stone became more turtly and he'll chain more lights and bashes together. Siv now gets her unblockables earlier on. The rest are still pretty much the same; there's just a slight defense buff and attack buff on all bosses (all of them can now roughly tank one more light hit) but either way I mostly do parry punishes and baits, I rarely attack straight-up, only if they whiff or if knocked down.

I'm loving this mode. Seeing it disappear post-event is sad. Very sad.

Charmzzz
02-23-2018, 10:36 AM
Tozen and Runa are my personal banes. I seem to be unable to parry Tozen, his attack timings are so strange. Still have not figured him out. And Runa, that Valk is the best Valk I have faced yet. So hard to punish because she feints and dodges like a progamer.

Love the mode, had one TYM II Match yesterday and won 4:0. Not that much harder than before imo. But I have to test the other enemies as well before I can give a qualified statement.

PDXGorechild
02-23-2018, 12:03 PM
Tozen all the way! I hate him passionately.

I seem to be unable to parry Tozen, his attack timings are so strange..

This. He's like Kensei and an Orochi in one. Just can't seem to read him right.

Stone is also a thorn in my side.

I can see why so many voted Gudmundr. He's ultra aggressive, surprisingly quick and has a daunting amount of health to eat through. None of the NPC's capitalise on guard breaks well though so I tend to lure him to an open space and dodge a lot of his attacks.

Why weather an attack when you can simply move out of the way?

Crashoverdrive2
02-23-2018, 01:46 PM
The most difficult for me.

Gudmundr -> insane HP. Don't allow you to finish your 3 hits combos. But once you get used to his moveset .. he becomes less punishing.

Runa -> WOW, that valky is like hell in a cell. She is pretty faster. Headbutt and evade on the side. + she can poison you. And she hit pretty hard with her vertical.

She is like I would like the playable hero to be.

bob333e
02-23-2018, 07:14 PM
Tozen and Runa are my personal banes.

Tozen all the way! I hate him passionately.

Here's some eye candy for you. We avenged every player who fell to Tozen :p (this footage was during Test Your Metal I)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U__WuQDsWo

Devils-_-legacy
02-23-2018, 07:24 PM
My bane is stone he's always the last one standing gund I can normally deflect punish

DoodTheMan
02-23-2018, 07:27 PM
I don't have as much trouble with Stone, but he's the one that ganks me the most so I assume my teammates have the most trouble with him.

bob333e
02-23-2018, 07:28 PM
I don't have as much trouble with Stone, but he's the one that ganks me the most so I assume my teammates have the most trouble with him.

Siv enjoys ganking us with her unblockable zones. Such pain. But I like this pain. BRIINGG IITT

CandleInTheDark
02-23-2018, 07:28 PM
Playing as a gladiator, it tends to be Siv and Mercy, Siv just gets overwhelming unless I manage to get a few skewers in, Mercy I have to play the skewer-feint-light game because she will inevitably sidestep my skewers.

bob333e
02-23-2018, 07:30 PM
Playing as a gladiator, it tends to be Siv and Mercy, Siv just gets overwhelming unless I manage to get a few skewers in, Mercy I have to play the skewer-feint-light game because she will inevitably sidestep my skewers.

Indeed, for me it's Ranja and Siv mostly, these two give me the hardest time.

And yeah Mercy is a side dodge attack spammer, always play a feint game on her for easy punishes

CandleInTheDark
02-23-2018, 07:33 PM
Indeed, for me it's Ranja and Siv mostly, these two give me the hardest time.

And yeah Mercy is a side dodge attack spammer, always play a feint game on her for easy punishes

In fairness I should be used to it, it is how I peacekeeper lol.

Devils-_-legacy
02-23-2018, 07:33 PM
I play as zerk so cracking stone is so hard his instant recovery into full bock gets me every time or the Shug deflect him and you still take 20 damage

bob333e
02-23-2018, 07:50 PM
In fairness I should be used to it, it is how I peacekeeper lol.

Can't blame you; what else does PK have, to be actually agile and evasive? she's very lackey when it comes to direct confrontation. Her lights are quick and her zone is near-reactable but both are easily shut down if your opponent knows what you're doing. Relying on recovery frames and punishing those with dodge attacks are still a better bet when playing PK :/

I play as zerk so cracking stone is so hard his instant recovery into full bock gets me every time or the Shug deflect him and you still take 20 damage

I found Stone to be the hardest to GB, deflects are probably the best way to land a GB on him with Zerk. I play mostly Warden, I'm forced to react to whatever he does then punish accordingly. He's very turtley, indeed...

AkenoKobayashi
02-23-2018, 10:17 PM
Welp, Ranja is now the biggest **** of the week. Really, Ubi? Unblockable side heavies? So now she is annoying AND practically unstoppable. If you're parry game isn't on point, she's going to end you.

And...Apollyon is a joke now.

Devils-_-legacy
02-23-2018, 10:19 PM
Ranja is that the kensie I havnt had a issue with samurai there currently the only one I'm having luck with other then Shug with that enormous breakthrough damage

AkenoKobayashi
02-23-2018, 10:21 PM
Kizan is only difficult when he has his heavy knockdown buff, but that can be managed. Ranja's buff is unblockable side heavies, meaning her Swift Strike is now deadlier.

bob333e
02-23-2018, 10:27 PM
Welp, Ranja is now the biggest **** of the week. Really, Ubi? Unblockable side heavies? So now she is annoying AND practically unstoppable. If you're parry game isn't on point, she's going to end you.

And...Apollyon is a joke now.

Unblockable side heavies, defense penetration if you block, semi-reactable light followups (can be blocked but they're really quick), has the feat that lowers your defenses (effectively two-shots you with 2 heavies), and out-ranges half the roster (in my case, Warden). Yeah, Ranja and Siv are my two nemeses.

Don't get me wrong, I like the challenge, and these bosses don't play by our rules anyway so when you lose you lost to overpowered BS :P but it's really really good, I'm really enjoying my time in Test Your Metal!

You need a good parry game against all of them anyway. It's the best way to deal with them. With the occasional GB > wallsplat > top heavy.

Devils-_-legacy
02-23-2018, 10:28 PM
I tend to deflect and for some reason I still take 20 damage just my hate for that guy is real and I play assassin so the side dodge doesn't really effect me i just trade with her the one person I can't crack is stone out of all them tbf he is one tough mofo

AkenoKobayashi
02-23-2018, 11:38 PM
I would rather them not have any buffs, and simply be a fight of skill against their story mode kit. I can fight Ranja without her buffs, but with them, it's damn near impossible.

RenegadeRasta
02-23-2018, 11:46 PM
Um, why we gotta kill 3 million of these dudes now? Are you on crack, Ubi?

Jazz117Volkov
02-23-2018, 11:54 PM
Stone the turtle lord is the only one that's given me trouble so far. That unblockable soft-feint into shield bash is the worst.

I practiced Valkyrie light parries against he lvl 3 practice bot ages ago...never lost it.

Tip for fighting Mercy; side feint. 99% of the time she'll go for a dash attack. It's easy to parry. Rinse and repeat.

bob333e
02-24-2018, 03:32 AM
Stone the turtle lord is the only one that's given me trouble so far. That unblockable soft-feint into shield bash is the worst.

I practiced Valkyrie light parries against he lvl 3 practice bot ages ago...never lost it.

Tip for fighting Mercy; side feint. 99% of the time she'll go for a dash attack. It's easy to parry. Rinse and repeat.

Stone is turtle masta. Best way is to just react to whatever he does (if it's a surprise bash, he'll land a free light, must punish the followup). The downside here is, he'll take more time and if someone else died to another boss, you run the risk of getting ganked.

In fact, was just playing a bit earlier, lots of players dying early to bosses and I wound up getting ganked while still dealing with Gudmundr or Stone. These two take the most time to go down.

And yeah, 100% agree on Valk. I used to practice a lot before, Runa isn't that different from a level 3 Valk bot moveset-wise. Just maybe one varied attack (that being her delayed heavy).

And yes, best way to bait Mercy is to feint heavies, parry, punish, rinse, repeat. And react to her delayed heavies from neutral.

Also ah, I have been updating all my three loadouts. I'm still missing one Mythic outfit (Heraldic Valor). Soon as I grab that, I'll be showing you my updated looks, in that same thread where we shared screenshots. They all look better now. Swapped armor pieces, weapon pieces, and colors and patterns and symbols and engravings. Still missing the Heraldic Valor because want to swap symbols on loadout 1, and want the fireflies effect on loadout 2's "idle". Be showing you the new looks soonish.

Jazz117Volkov
02-24-2018, 06:32 AM
In fact, was just playing a bit earlier, lots of players dying early to bosses and I wound up getting ganked while still dealing with Gudmundr or Stone. These two take the most time to go down.Yup, this is something that happens to me quite a bit. Get stuck slugging it out with one of the tough boys while your team get shredded. Gank. GG. Feels bad.

Also ah, I have been updating all my three loadouts. I'm still missing one Mythic outfit (Heraldic Valor). Soon as I grab that, I'll be showing you my updated looks, in that same thread where we shared screenshots. They all look better now. Swapped armor pieces, weapon pieces, and colors and patterns and symbols and engravings. Still missing the Heraldic Valor because want to swap symbols on loadout 1, and want the fireflies effect on loadout 2's "idle". Be showing you the new looks soonish.Hell yeah dude, I'll be sure to check back periodically.

I've reworked one of mine a bit too; all these new cosmetics, I had to do things.

AkenoKobayashi
02-24-2018, 10:49 PM
FYI, Cross has knockdown on Heavy and Throws this week. Wonderful idea to give that to a grab happy Lawbringer, Ubi.

Hormly
02-24-2018, 11:05 PM
Stone.

My only strat is to turtle up and wait for my comrades to finish off their own foes

Devils-_-legacy
02-24-2018, 11:08 PM
I really hope they keep this mode I'm having a lot of fun soloing it since it was released i don't think I want to go back to dominon yet

David_gorda
02-24-2018, 11:14 PM
I really hope they keep this mode I'm having a lot of fun soloing it since it was released i don't think I want to go back to dominon yet lol you were top 2 in Playstation leaderboard in event kills in the world this Friday. I Definetly think they should keep this Gamemode eeven though i am not fan playing against AI. These Bosses are all pretty easy though if you turtle and i am pretty sure only the Bosses, gudmundur, Apollon and tosen can parry unblockables so if you have that its easymode. They should make new Bosses with the op dlc classes IMO.

Devils-_-legacy
02-24-2018, 11:22 PM
I didn't even relise I was top I played one game the before I knew it is spent 24hrs on one game mode I'll admit tho it's the most fun I had in a while I can't wait to see what they come out with next

bob333e
02-25-2018, 03:30 PM
Lol yeah @Devils-_-legacy your name showed up on the top 3 worldwide chart inside the community event's window, you had 320ish registered takedowns this Friday. Good stuff, mang.

Devils-_-legacy
02-25-2018, 03:34 PM
I'm 20th now I slept too much lol

bob333e
02-25-2018, 03:45 PM
Ahah yeah, the top three now have 1000+ registered takedowns. Long way to go

Spectre_198
02-25-2018, 05:21 PM
Number 1 has gotta be Apollyon; I haven't fought against her since the summer of last year so her moves and range still surprise me +she does a huge amount of damage

Veerdin-Wraith
02-25-2018, 07:13 PM
Gudmundr purely for his insane HP pool.

bob333e
02-25-2018, 08:16 PM
Number 1 has gotta be Apollyon; I haven't fought against her since the summer of last year so her moves and range still surprise me +she does a huge amount of damage

Just mind her LB-style stab, especially if she has Revenge, and her unblockable upward side swing. Otherwise she deals as much damage as the other bosses.

Gudmundr purely for his insane HP pool.

Lol yeah, he's a true tank. With a good parrying game and a little bit of patience, you can easily take him down, provided you didn't get ganked, otherwise he's near-impossible to take down if there's another boss helping him, unless he's at critical health with no Revenge.

I've showcased a video here recently, how I generally deal with Gudmundr (when I'm not getting ganked lol):

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1843158-Test-Your-Metal-II-Clutch-Carry-amp-Parry

Spectre_198
02-25-2018, 10:57 PM
I don't know about that, just today one of her heavies with revenge did 2 bars of damage

bob333e
02-25-2018, 11:22 PM
I don't know about that, just today one of her heavies with revenge did 2 bars of damage

Yeah, their Revenge isn't like ours. They don't play by our rules; they have their own rules. And it's beautifully challenging.

Kelson27
02-26-2018, 01:55 AM
Stone... ERMAGURD Stone.

1. Down to his last hit - instamagic shield.

2. Down to his last hit again, it's taken so long i'm being ganked.

3. All his friends dead, down to his last hit again. Instashield... and I'ma pop revenge. GO TO HELL STONE! This guy refuses to die.

bob333e
02-26-2018, 01:59 AM
Stone... ERMAGURD Stone.

1. Down to his last hit - instamagic shield.

2. Down to his last hit again, it's taken so long i'm being ganked.

3. All his friends dead, down to his last hit again. Instashield... and I'ma pop revenge. GO TO HELL STONE! This guy refuses to die.

Ahaha. I'll try to capture a footage next time I'm up against Stone, might help you to see how I'm countering him (spoiler: requires just as much patience as Gudmundr because he's turtle god). It's mostly similar to how I deal with Gudmundr. You can't just hit them straight up. Especially not on round 4.