PDA

View Full Version : Another thread about armors from story mode...

FinnOfTheHorde
02-20-2018, 09:34 PM
Any plans about them (Armors from story mode) or something like this? Cuz its rly sad to fight against General Tozen or Holden Cross and think about their armors...

UbiJurassic
02-20-2018, 10:23 PM
Any plans about them (Armors from story mode) or something like this? Cuz its rly sad to fight against General Tozen or Holden Cross and think about their armors...

No plans at this time. We're aware that players really want to see them added into multiplayer and we like the idea. However, there's nothing new to report on if or when we may look to adjust them for use in multiplayer.

AkenoKobayashi
02-20-2018, 10:34 PM
Tozen's armor is a nice set. Definitely better than most Orochi sets. There is a set that is similar, but there are bindings or something all over it that make any design look bad.

bob333e
02-20-2018, 10:53 PM
The problem with the armors of the bosses, is that they're static; they're not customizable and you cannot add effects and stuff to them.

Another issue is, with all the emotes and executions and effects the player can equip, there'll definitely be clipping. A lot of clipping.

Also, these PvE armor sets apply to some heroes only. The rest of the roster won't get any PvE armor, which will render those heroes left out. They need to equalize multiplayer assets across the entire roster, if one hero is getting a new set, so should everyone else. Which is impossible, given there is no PvE armor set for Aramusha, Centurion, etc.

When you consider all of that, it's a pretty tough decision to implement these armors in multiplayer. This is one reason why they gave the new mask outfit, along with the Iron Legion and Blackstone color palettes, to everybody and not just Knights. These can be safely equalized, and no hero should feel left behind in an event, and they don't have DLC-specific story assets from which to draw reference or apply onto multiplayer heroes.

Not saying I like seeing the Iron Legion / Blackstone palettes used by non-Knights; I don't. It makes zero sense. But they had nothing else PvE-related or PvE-themed for the other heroes. I mean, who would notice the color palette Ayu or Seijuro or Ragnar use? and I don't think anyone uses the "Siv's Raiders" color palette for Vikings, because there are much better color palettes.

AkenoKobayashi
02-20-2018, 11:00 PM
I just want Seijuro's ornament.