PDA

View Full Version : These are NOT dedicated servers....

Zordrage
02-20-2018, 08:23 AM
https://i.imgur.com/PTzhfAS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4yGGlfN.jpg

Also still red NAT <<< this should not even be in game anymore

Also still takes like 3 - 5 min to find a match in a GAME MODE with Very high activity...

Also people still getting the same errors as always....

We are still playing in the SAME P2P crap......

Knight_Raime
02-20-2018, 08:42 AM
1) Dedicated servers have nothing to do with your nat type. If you have a poor connection to the server you still have a poor connection to the server.

2) Search times vary. I have talked to people who are finding matches fast. like 1-2 minutes.

3) Far as I know they never stated their p2p system was going away. That dedi's were meant to host the match to prevent drops.

Zordrage
02-20-2018, 08:50 AM
1) Dedicated servers have nothing to do with your nat type. If you have a poor connection to the server you still have a poor connection to the server.

Had green NAT in Beta and in season 1 then Ubi did something and all gone to hell since then red and cant even port forward it anymore.....
this is the only single game this is happening for me... so thx ubi for bait and switching me...

and yeah Dedicated servers... whats the point then ? it did not fixed anything....

people still dropping out left and right and the same errors everywhere for many.. matchmaking speed not got better either.... sooo yeah....

You either do Dedicated servers or P2P... NOT BOTH....

Sipius
02-20-2018, 08:57 AM
I don't know what it is , I am not professional but I can certainly say this is not the same thing I played when dedicated server beta was on.,.

Foorya
02-20-2018, 08:57 AM
getting dced every match 0006000139

Charmzzz
02-20-2018, 09:09 AM
Played ~10 matches yesterday, Dominion, Europe (probably connected to Frankfurt Datacenter) and had 0 issues. No game was dropped, no reconnecting, very smooth gameplay for me. Played at least 3 Matches vs Sipius (the guy above) who suddenly started blaming "lag" for his losses. ;)

Sipius
02-20-2018, 09:18 AM
Played ~10 matches yesterday, Dominion, Europe (probably connected to Frankfurt Datacenter) and had 0 issues. No game was dropped, no reconnecting, very smooth gameplay for me. Played at least 3 Matches vs Sipius (the guy above) who suddenly started blaming "lag" for his losses. ;)
Hahah you sure it was me? I never blame lag.. :P

Charmzzz
02-20-2018, 09:42 AM
Hahah you sure it was me? I never blame lag.. :P

Not 100% sure. Was written like "SIPIU5" or something like this with numbers in the name. ^^

Tyrjo
02-20-2018, 03:17 PM
Looks like you are playing against bots. I'm not sure they introduced PC dedicated servers for PvAI just yet, only for PvP.

Charmzzz
02-20-2018, 03:31 PM
Looks like you are playing against bots. I'm not sure they introduced PC dedicated servers for PvAI just yet, only for PvP.

True, I almost forgot that. Dedicated Servers are only on for 4v4 PVP Modes iirc.

Zordrage
02-20-2018, 04:23 PM
Aaaaaaaand my NAT sudenly turned into GREEN mid game and now staying green and after 4 Seasons i can actually play PvP again...

Finally.... i have no idea whats going on at Ubi btw at this point...

Redkey.
02-20-2018, 05:36 PM

2) Search times vary. I have talked to people who are finding matches fast. like 1-2 minutes.

3) Far as I know they never stated their p2p system was going away. That dedi's were meant to host the match to prevent drops.

To be fair, NAT have nothing to do with your connections when we talking about stable and open host (like dedicated server) Only your location (latency) and speed. And there is no Player hosting anymore. Because that is the main reason to do so.

UbiJurassic
02-20-2018, 10:32 PM
All PvP modes are currently hosted on dedicated servers. However, Custom Matches, Campaign and PvAI are currently not on dedicated servers. Operative word is currently, for the time being.

Knight_Raime
02-20-2018, 11:18 PM
To be fair, NAT have nothing to do with your connections when we talking about stable and open host (like dedicated server) Only your location (latency) and speed. And there is no Player hosting anymore. Because that is the main reason to do so.

Right I was trying to state that his NAT isn't going to be green always with dedi's. they don't make them green.
And maybe I misunderstood. I am remembering something waaaay back when dedi's were first announced. I could have sworn they said their old system would still some how be involved.
But it's been so long that i'll just chalk it up to me remembering wrong.

All PvP modes are currently hosted on dedicated servers. However, Custom Matches, Campaign and PvAI are currently not on dedicated servers. Operative word is currently, for the time being.

^This is good to know since OP was vsing bots it looks like.

Zordrage
02-20-2018, 11:33 PM
Right I was trying to state that his NAT isn't going to be green always with dedi's. they don't make them green.
And maybe I misunderstood. I am remembering something waaaay back when dedi's were first announced. I could have sworn they said their old system would still some how be involved.
But it's been so long that i'll just chalk it up to me remembering wrong.

^This is good to know since OP was vsing bots it looks like.

I was forced to play pvai the past 3 seasons thx to sudden Red NAT allways... Pvp matchmaking took me 30+ mins to happen or just gived me an error ....

1st time since season 1 that my NAT is green again and il hope it stays like that now on...

Everything works fine now thx to it...

Battle_Rage92
02-21-2018, 02:14 AM

So can we expect PvAI servers by season 10, correct?