PDA

View Full Version : Addressing the New Problem with For Honor (Hyper Armour)

forgotten_f
02-20-2018, 02:57 AM
So, Season 5 has fixed a ton of things to prevent turtling, which is great. - But this is also the first time where I felt the requirement to turtle due to the mass amount of Hyper Armour that has been put into Berserker, Kensei, etc.

Why would I try to Deflect if the High Risk, low reward is even lower reward due to the Deflect now not interrupting the flurry of attacks being thrown at me? Why would I do anything but back up until they chill the **** out and stop abusing the unpunishable Hyper Armour. - I know the,"Just Parry" ordeal. But that's just... so bland. - It felt good to Deflect and interrupt combos. It feltgood to bait in an attack so you could get a free heavy due to spacing. Now it's try to bait, and trade. Now it's stay back until they quit their ****.

I'm not a fan of this current state of the game. - I'd understand if light attacks didn't do anything to break and interrupt attacks with Hyper Armour. But Heavies don't do anything?! Deflects do nothing?! Why?

I hope Ubi will actually look at how Hyper Armour is ruining the flow and enjoyment of the game for those who don't use characters with it.

BTTrinity
02-20-2018, 03:16 AM
This game has far more problems to worry about than Hyper Armor.

-Some feats really ruin the fun (catapult, all bombs, all traps, arrows.... why do we have feats that completely negate the concept of the game?)

-Gear makes the game not friendly toward new players AT ALL (I wonder how a new Nobushi player feels running into me, dealing 20% less damage to me while taking 20% more damage from me)

-Sprinting moves being activated nearly instantly (Stampede Charge, Running shield bash, Tackle)

These are the games worst offenders right now (Aside from servers, which are doing pretty good on my end)

forgotten_f
02-20-2018, 03:19 AM
I wasn't talking about Dominion. Or any 4v4 for that matter. - I was addressing the problem with the character alone. In Duels, 2v2, etc.

mrmistark
02-20-2018, 03:55 AM
Let me just ask for clarification....

So, if Iím not mistaken, only four characters have HA in chain, which seems to be your only complaint: Kensei and berserker as you mentioned, and HL and shugoki assuming you havenít gotten rid of his HA, the 2 later being a joke in this sense as thier attacks are so slow, so they donít fit your ďunstoppable HA in chainĒ criteria. All of these are very easy to parry, but because parrying doesnít...fit your style because itís too boring compared to deflect? It should be nerfed?

I fail to see how this is a problem with the characters and not a problem of confliction to your play style. HA is not unpunishable. For one, itís easily blocked and dodged, but is also easily parried. How is an attack with HA OP when you literally donít have to react other than blocking? Just because you chose to try to deflect rather than use literally any of the 3 other defensive options you have, doesnít mean the mechanic deserves a nerf.

Iím sure it seems like Iím coming off as a jerk, im not trying to, it just doesnít make sense to me especially with the nerds to parry. Being upset that you canít always get a guaranteed deflect for more damage than a light from parry just seems greedy.

Vakris_One
02-20-2018, 04:23 AM
"The mass amount of hyper armour put into Kensei..."

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/993/875/084.png

Come again? His light finishers got hyper armour, his zone lost its hyper armour. I wouldn't define that as "mass amounts" of hyper armour by any stretch of the imagination. Now how does hyper armour on light finishers stop you from deflecting them?

As for characters that can generate hyper armour from certain combos like Zerker and Highlander, you really shouldn't be expecting to answer them with deflects.

LEGENDz_31
02-20-2018, 02:36 PM
They can keep hyper armor but there is no reason that deflect doesnít cancel a chain. Say what you want deflect is the hardest skill in the game(timing wise) and leaves you open for gb. When I deflect a person with hyper armor like highlander or zerk they just continue the trade into a huge win for him. As a orochi(rep41) we are supposed to be a counter attacker that really canít counter. Not to mention people will do almost anything to make us hit first because we have 0 offensive abilities and are ez to parry as long as you hold top guard and adjust side lights.

Dry.Fish
02-20-2018, 09:22 PM
When did dumb memes become a thing to help get your point across.
*Insert GIF of a bull taking a poop*

High-Horse
02-20-2018, 10:16 PM
When did dumb memes become a thing to help get your point across.
*Insert GIF of a bull taking a poop*

Since the internet.

On topic, this is why Deflect takes more skill than parry, because on top of being harder to do and requiring commitment, it also requires more awareness. E.g., don't deflect an attack with hyper armor unless you're Berserker.

Devils-_-legacy
02-20-2018, 11:11 PM
I hate deflect since s5 lol the amount of times ive been killed by doing it in a 1v1 is honestly a joke eg i deflected the hl and some how his second heavy counted as a attack as i was throwing him he executed me lol

Dry.Fish
02-21-2018, 12:56 AM
Everyone here has good points. Thanks for reminding me that deflects a very situational and I was playing like a bonehead.