PDA

View Full Version : Orochi and Valkyrie buff, Warden and PK adjustments.

Nemesis_4C3
02-19-2018, 10:40 PM
{~OROCHI~}

I'm getting sick of waiting, we have been asking for an Orochi buff since season 2, but they "didn't have enough feedback on Orochi to feel confident in making changes." *proceeds to nerf his 2 best attacks* Bullsh*t. You want feed back? Here.

Playstyle: At this point in the game to play Orochi and win you either turtle (nerfed like 4 times now) and use your zone attack as every other move or be lucky enough to find that your opponent is your autistic friends 97 year old stoner, half blind Grandma that has arthritis in her fingertips, having internet allowing her to reach 2fps on a good day.

History: Day one orochi was great, people hated you for picking him because he was lightning fast and everybody wanted him nerfed. Now here we are stuck on day 2, where everyone knows all you have to do is block top, what can orochi do when you are blocking top? Zone? Not fun.

Fixes:

Double top lights: these were nerfed so that when parrying a heavy, orochi is on the same level as light damage everyone else is on. All they had to do was make his parry light attack be his second or third light and not the double.

Riptide strike (free parry #1): It Should be faintable, that's like a no **** kinda thing and might actually give orochi an opener if it were made unblockable too. It also shouldn't be called Riptide strike, but instead lightning strike to go with storm rush.

Storm rush (free parry #2): The problem with this and the last move is that you can't use it reactionary, most of the time you have to predict your opponent will whiff before he actually STARTS the attack. Storm rush should be able to do what its intended to (punishing whiffs) by making it faster and letting him cancel it into a gaurd break at longer lengths.

Zephyr slash (free parry #3): When this move lands it should guarantee a free light like the double top light OR make it faster, shamans dashing attack is not only faster, but does more damage and is a heavy meaning you dont get a heavy off of parrying it.

Deflecting: bring the light deflect down back to the damage it was before and instead have a guaranteed light afterwards, same damage but looks cooler. Heavy deflect could be faster but MOST IMPORTANTLY Centurions fRICken uppercut shouldn't be able to hit you out of it seeing as how it grazes your lower back, and gaurdbreaking shouldn't work either because you're hunched over so the animation doesn't even connect.

General Tozen/ Seijuro: This is pretty simple, just give Orochi Tozen's kick guaranteeing some damage so that we don't always have to open with zone or it could even be incorporated into some combos. The other moves could be implemented but tweaked a bit, like the unblockable attack charge up not being an auto parry.

Misc: Side lights and Heavies could be faster, and double top light chance after heavy instead of second light.

{~VALKYRIE~}

You may be thinking "oh shes balanced, never too hard never too easy" WRONG! no one is exceptionally good at fighting her because no one fricKen fights her.

Playstyle: VeRY similar to Orochi in the fact that if you're fighting someone who is a causal, or again rarely fights valk it's a pretty balanced fight. BUT if you happen upon someone that has fought a valk more than once every other day in dominion you're done. Her entire kit is based around the leg sweep and sheild bash and you only have 2 ways of getting those, heavy attacking or doing to lights in a row.

History: Hasn't really been touched since week 2 when she was buffed, people don't tend to remember valk prior to week 2 because she was T teir trash. She also got jipped out on what could have been the best execution in the whole game. One of or if not the least played hero.

Fixes-

Light combo: In order to get a leg sweep or sheild bash 50/50(ish) from her lights, you must throw two of them. Disregard that her first light is easy enough for anyone not on bath salts to parry/deflect (or just block it lmfao) but her second light is even EASIER! After fighting my high level Valkyrie friend for more than 3 rounds, he has to result to throwing one light and backing away because another would be indirect suicide. She should have a combo allowing her to light, heavy, light for mix up opportunity fixing this fiasco. Light, faint heavy, parry. See?

Heavy attack: Now this might be a little stretchy, but could work just fine and would be super unique! Heavy attacking would be a two part move, with just one click/press of the mouse/button she either upercuts, punches or backhands you with her sheild, being as fast as a light, unblockable and having the damage and stun of Raiders knee to the face. This animation would start at the same time as she does her normal heavy with her spear which you can now either dodge or try to parry/deflect but NOT block. Valk would still be able to hard and soft faint the heavy portion giving her a better mix up involving sheild bash and gaurdbreaking.

Leg sweep: First off if an opponent can't be leg swept then don't let it just faze through their ankles, let her staggar back or somthing it just looks ridiculous. PLEASE make this attack faintable aswell, it makes sense and the more mix ups she has the better.

Charged Sheild bash: When she does the charged sheild bash against someone being ganked that can't be knocked down it should still stagger them like the effect of the not charged sheild bash. Charged sheild bash should also always beat a centurions uppercut, gladiators forward punch, a lawbringer shove, warden shoulder bash, all headbuts and kensei's new jab. While tieing against the shinobi/centurion kick and full charged warden shoulder bash (both stagger back) beating raiders charge if he already has started it but losing to it if he charges on reaction.

Sheild Bash: this should win against anything that isn't charged if done on reaction (second), Tie against anything the charged one would beat if done first (not reaction), and lose to anything the Charged sheild bash would tie with.

Shoulder pin: allow her to combo into leg sweep directly afterwards, not just sheild bash

{~WARDEN~}

Warden is a very solid hero, this is not neccessarily a buff but an addition to his moveset.

Playstyle: Very cookie cutter calculations, this character in particular (similarly to pk) gets boring, but is still very solid in balance

History: Not much to say, was the first character created and without his 50/50 is the cookie cutter mold original and easiest to get the hang of, but not master.

Fixes-

Apollyons moveset: Warden should get the unblockable side heavy of apollyons as a 3rd heavy, this third heavy unblockable would be able to get thrown after 2 heavies (duh) or a double light/2 light attacks, it could be faintable and would expand on being more offensive instead of just using lights as interruption attacks. Furthermore apollyons charge move similar to lawbringers charge could be a guaranteed attack after landing a fully charged shoulder bash as it is difficult to land, this would see this move being used/attempted more often.

Heavy animations: Back before launch wardens second heavy was a wide swing hit with the gaurd, this should be revisited as it looks badass. Similarly the one handed heavy of apollyons would be the 3rd heavy if you chose top instead of the side, it could be unblockable or not, and hard faintable or not, but most importantly, It could soft faint into his zone with a press of light attack seeing as they are both one handed.

Zone attack: If warden throws a zone attack and it gets blocked it should bounce back staggering him, it is one handed after all.

Double lights: These should be getting the same treatment as Orochi's top light nerf in damage.

{~PEACEKEEPER~}

Boy oh boy Pk, I love, hate, pity and envy this character all at the same time. Now like the warden this is not a direct buff just a change in playstyle/animation, the deflect change being the only one without a downside.

Playstyle: Currently she's still a high teir character, I'd say the highest on this list when is comes to gank spanking and tied with warden for 1v1s. But repetitive, Its just lights and zones, and thats not because everything else sucks, you just don't need anything else to win.

History: Back at the begining of the game she was by far the second best character, when tournaments were going all through season 1 every 2v2 winner was composed of a warlord and yup PK. Since then I can't think of any nerfs she has gotten, only that her lights were given more range at one point and when they fixed her bleed.

Fixes-

Deflect: After she deflects and does the single bleed stab she should be able to throw them, this would NOT be a gaurd break, just similar to shinobi's kick after a deflect. If they wall splat she gets a free lunging heavy/ normal heavy depending on distance. This will make the deflect alot more viable.

Zone attack: The second hit would be faster but not faintable, and landing it would allow you to follow up with a bleed stab like on heavies, and would still have the super fast recovery she has when fainting the begining of her zone IF it isn't parried.

Unblockable elbow: Soft faint for a heavy changed from a bleed light, to an unblockable elbow to the gut. This would guarantee an uppercut light attack for opening turtles! Follow up for landing a heavy attack would still be a bleed light.

Running attack: The damage for connecting her running gaurdbreak, i.e three bleed stabs should be replaced with a cooler animation, like a cutscene.

------------

Thanks for making it this far! I'd like to see some if not all of these implemented, if you have any questions or suggestions for my future posting of this let me know! I'm on Xbox at SimplyNoOne and Kik at nemesis_4c3.

Nemesis_4C3
02-19-2018, 11:15 PM
I accidentally forgot apollyons other unblockable attack but I will add that in my day 3 addition along with other feedback frpm the community (: my further additions will also most likely just be edits so I don't have 50 different posts floating around taking up space.

RoosterIlluzion
02-20-2018, 12:03 AM
Reading this edit, I had a chance to look at the damage numbers and Orochi's lights do the same damage as Warden's two hit.

Nemesis_4C3
02-20-2018, 12:46 AM
Reading this edit, I had a chance to look at the damage numbers and Orochi's lights do the same damage as Warden's two hit.

Oh thanks, I heard it differently from someone else saying it wasn't

NNKaliasME
02-20-2018, 04:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/9tlEfpa.jpg

You are right, i was probably looking at my buffed sword during test your metal

warden
orochi
shaman

wolfman25br
02-20-2018, 06:35 PM
Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback! I have made some big changes in my section for warden, some for PK and Orochi and one for Valk marked by [EDIT] or [NEW]. I've also toned down some of my arrogance, and fixed some spelling errors.

OROCHI

[NEW] General Tozen/ Seijuro: This is pretty simple, just give Orochi Tozen's kick guaranteeing some damage so that we don't always have to open with zone or it could even be incorporated into some combos. The other moves could be implemented but tweaked a bit, like the unblockable attack charge up not being an auto parry.

Misc: Side lights and Heavies could be faster, and double top light chance after heavy instead of second light.

(:

I still fail to see the opener as a necessity.
What he needs is baits to "open" the adversary and then makeing counter attack viable.
That description was created since day one so, Im ok with the nerf on damage, but he does need an enhancement on his kit solely on counters.

Nemesis_4C3
02-21-2018, 05:09 AM
I still fail to see the opener as a necessity.
What he needs is baits to "open" the adversary and then makeing counter attack viable.
That description was created since day one so, Im ok with the nerf on damage, but he does need an enhancement on his kit solely on counters.

He needs an opener because when fighting a turtle there's nothing to counter, duh. I want this game to be enjoyable and staring contests/spamming faints into zone isn't enjoyable.

FinnOfTheHorde
02-21-2018, 07:20 AM
Tozen's kick (unblockable) and guaranteed light attack after it for orochi and he will be op op op... I mean okay.

wolfman25br
02-21-2018, 02:28 PM
He needs an opener because when fighting a turtle there's nothing to counter, duh. I want this game to be enjoyable and staring contests/spamming faints into zone isn't enjoyable.

Thats the "bait" part I said.
A last moment storm rush...fast closing, cancel, and fast attacks along gb, That will cause an offensive reaction, and then countering can shine.
A Skilled player can still do this, but he is in need of more of this tools, not a opener.

Brutal_DaDo
02-21-2018, 04:38 PM
I said this in another thread, when i first played the mode test your metal i saw Tozenís kick and thout that it could be great if they added that to orochi, other thant that the only thing iíd add to orochi are some mixed combinations of heavy and light attack, with this in my opinion i think orochi could be more viable

Nemesis_4C3
02-21-2018, 11:23 PM
Thats the "bait" part I said.
A last moment storm rush...fast closing, cancel, and fast attacks along gb, That will cause an offensive reaction, and then countering can shine.
A Skilled player can still do this, but he is in need of more of this tools, not a opener.

Sorry but a skilled player is NOT going to be baited by storm rush, Orochi shouldn't only be good against bad players.

I-Nibbiru-I
07-13-2018, 12:01 PM
Bump

A solid Orochi rework is needed badly!

HazelrahFirefly
07-13-2018, 12:14 PM
Posting in the Necro Thread for comedy's sake