PDA

View Full Version : Controlling AI difficulty in faction war PvAI?

MrBuggle
02-19-2018, 08:57 PM
I'm curious if there's any way to adjust the difficulty when playing vs AI in modes that contribute to the faction war? I have a red nat type (used to be green) and nothing I try seems to fix it. I've kind of given up, hoping dedicated servers solve my problem.

Even then I like playing against AI because I'm often doing other things like cooking, tending to my child etc and being able to pause the game is a must. But I'm stuck playing dumpy level 1 bots. Ideally I'd like to have a setting to fight all level 3s as well as a mix of 2s and 3s. It's so much more fun and satisfying. I remember when all bots became level 3 and that was tough, especially in 4v4. But now that I'm better at the game I kinda miss it. I don't think it's an option but if it is can someone point out how to adjust it? If not, could one of the mods kindly ask the devs to put this on their long to do list? Thank you

PS: my highest level char is a rep 1 level 9 or 10 orochi. All my other toons are like, level 7. If leveling those guys up would give me tougher bots, could anyone indicate what levels on how many characters I'd have to reach to start seeing higher level bots? Still not as ideal as direct control but I'll take what I can get. Thanks again

Specialkha
02-19-2018, 09:12 PM
The level of bots depends of your skill level in match against others players. If you are good, you can have bot lvl 3.

MrBuggle
02-20-2018, 04:28 AM
The level of bots depends of your skill level in match against others players. If you are good, you can have bot lvl 3.

Wait, so I have to do well against human players to face tougher bots? Meaning someone like me who primarily plays against bots will always be facing lvl 1 bots? That doesn't seem to make sense. Has it always been determined by how well one does against humans? I don't feel like I ever did well enough to get level 3 bots even during the S4 update (I think that was the one).

EvoX.
02-20-2018, 04:40 AM
Well, if you simply want to fight a level 3 bot then you can do so in the ''Bot Practice'' menu. If you want them in game modes, however, you'll have to PvP. I don't think reputation number increases AI's level, though I could be wrong.

MrBuggle
02-20-2018, 06:14 AM
Well, if you simply want to fight a level 3 bot then you can do so in the ''Bot Practice'' menu. If you want them in game modes, however, you'll have to PvP. I don't think reputation number increases AI's level, though I could be wrong.

That's a bummer. I'd like to be able to control it.

In other news, I played my first PvP match since I got the game. I got owned when I first got the game and played PvAI ever since. Just played a brawl and I couldn't believe how good I was. I loved how people didn't follow a pattern. I didn't die once. I had a good teammate that also got his man every time. But dang. DAMN I should say. I'm far more competent at PvP than I realized. Prob not gonna play with AI anymore except to learn new classes

Specialkha
02-20-2018, 06:31 AM
That's a bummer. I'd like to be able to control it.

In other news, I played my first PvP match since I got the game. I got owned when I first got the game and played PvAI ever since. Just played a brawl and I couldn't believe how good I was. I loved how people didn't follow a pattern. I didn't die once. I had a good teammate that also got his man every time. But dang. DAMN I should say. I'm far more competent at PvP than I realized. Prob not gonna play with AI anymore except to learn new classes

Since you never played against players, your first match will be against noob. After a few victory, you will play against competent players and you will get crushed :p

MrBuggle
02-20-2018, 07:23 AM
Since you never played against players, your first match will be against noob. After a few victory, you will play against competent players and you will get crushed :p

Fascinating. I kinda felt it was too easy. Still, I'm down. Such a greater rush than playing with bots. And I have played against real people just when I first got the game (and my nat type was green). I got pwnd and kinda shied away from PvP since I'm terribly at fighting games. I can only learn by playing with people better than me.