PDA

View Full Version : It's not the game; it's me.

Archeun
02-19-2018, 07:48 PM
I have been playing For Honor since launch. I've given hundreds of hours to it. I'm an average player. I've had more kills than deaths. After a year of playing For Honor and many hours of being enraged at the gameplay or infuriated at the deaths, I have some things to say before I leave onto other titles that I will enjoy far more.

1. For Honor is built for the Git Gud crowd. Casuals will not enjoy this game. The learning curve is steep.
2. Dominion is the main source of exp/steel. The other modes have very few people in them and the modes I would like most like 1v1 are never going to give decent exp/steel rewards.
3. The increase in population will not last.
4. Ganking is part of the game. It's the part that infuriates me the most. I don't mind dying because I get outplayed but I do mind dying to mass attacks that you can't do anything about. The game is built for this and I'm not going to play something I simply hate.
5. For Honor is moving into more cancer. The reworks are simply making a bad problem worse. Feints, unblockables and huge hits are the wave of the future. To fix the defensive meta; they will make all characters Centurion like. We all know how that played out.
6. Imbalances in the characters are only getting worse. Look at the Shaman.

In the end, you should spend more time enjoying a game than criticizing it or being pissed off at the way it plays. I spend more time aggravated at the game than enjoying it.

I've realized I do not enjoy PVP type games. It attracts a certain type of player that enjoys it. I enjoy 1 on 1 PVP but group PVP isn't for me and I've finally accepted that.
Many of you will read this. Some of you will say Bye. Others will nod and acknowledge they feel this way too.

I've realized this game isn't worth the negative emotions that come with it when I'm playing and I'm ganked over and over and over. It's just not fun. It's not enjoyable.

I have a Steam library with hundreds of games. Many new games are being released which are going to be a blast. Why stay and play a game you really don't like. When you spend more time talking about what is wrong with the game than playing it; it's time to leave.

I think I'll take the time I would normally be on here and do something productive. Learn how to code better for one. Spend more time with my kids. For Honor is just a game and when you allow a game to piss you off more than 99% of real life does; it says something and you shouldn't ignore it.

Best of luck all!

AlexHuaTian
02-19-2018, 07:58 PM
I dont mind the ganking. Since Im a ganker myself. Its a strictly pvp game with pve bolted on. So its something I expected from the start. Similar to a first person shooter. The whole level design is that of an arena or a boxing ring. The Division was just the opposite for me. That game feels like a pve game, with pvp bolted on. And getting ganked there is so annoying. A giant pve open world but with players having the option to kill you while you are farming pve mobs. But at least you can choose not to go into the Dark Zone.

My complaint is I cant gank as freely as I like. You can hit and run all you like. But you will eventually lose the two most important zones with no way to replenish health except through dying. Most of my games these days are losing games. And I have no where to hide. No where to withdraw to. The only choice you are left with is to feed to opposing team.

Archeun
02-19-2018, 08:02 PM
It is a PVP game and yes, the ganking is part of it. What's funny to me is a game like Overwatch also has ganking but it doesn't bother me. Maybe it's the "Melee" aspect of it. All I know is I rarely enjoy FH anymore and the game is moving into more of the Feints and unblockable meta. Some chars have a natural advantage against others through faster attacks etc but so many things in the game just aren't fun. What is worse; With the changes to unblockables, now the ganks are really impossible to deal with. Get a HL and Kensei attacking at once with Unblockables and you're dead. No way of stopping it unless you get revenge fast enough and parry.

Charmzzz
02-19-2018, 08:34 PM
It is a PVP game and yes, the ganking is part of it. What's funny to me is a game like Overwatch also has ganking but it doesn't bother me. Maybe it's the "Melee" aspect of it. All I know is I rarely enjoy FH anymore and the game is moving into more of the Feints and unblockable meta. Some chars have a natural advantage against others through faster attacks etc but so many things in the game just aren't fun. What is worse; With the changes to unblockables, now the ganks are really impossible to deal with. Get a HL and Kensei attacking at once with Unblockables and you're dead. No way of stopping it unless you get revenge fast enough and parry.

Uhm, you could parry before getting revenge?

Knight_Raime
02-19-2018, 08:55 PM
Uhm, you could parry before getting revenge?

Think he's referring to the fact that popping revenge animation cancels. I see a lot of gameplay from players who spank gank squads using this method.
Not saying it's 100% required or anything. Just taking a stab at what he's getting at.

AkenoKobayashi
02-20-2018, 03:51 AM
I will forever love this game for what it is. But yeah, I avoid PvP games because I don't enjoy how competitive and petty people can get when playing. I play Vs AI 99.99% of the time, and I enjoy it. I don't like Overwatch very much because it's mainly a PvP area game made for competitive people, as is games like PUBG, Smite, etc. I love FF15 because of the story of it, but the MP expansion has barely been touched since I bought it.

Battlefield is the only game I truly enjoy PvP in, since it's a milsim shooter with more than just TDM.